corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015!

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015!
Ben G

User status: Offline
1st Jul 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
That looks perfect now. Very purposeful.

Does it get driven on the road at all?

Pretty much everyday. Depends whats in the drive way first. Its either this or the abarth

Lucky sod!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had my email regarding the lemans track day. 50 cars they range from Gallardos, Atoms, Gt3's & fiat 1000 tc! Should be immense!
Edges 58

3rd Jul 13 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
RenaultSport Evening at Bedford booked for friday 2hours of track time not to be sniffed at. get all the issues i have iron'd out before i go lemans in august

I'm going to this! Not taking the 182 as it needs brakes but going with a friend in a 172... Along with half of cliosport.net! Will pop over and say hi, any chance of a pass ride in this??
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
quote:
RenaultSport Evening at Bedford booked for friday 2hours of track time not to be sniffed at. get all the issues i have iron'd out before i go lemans in august

I'm going to this! Not taking the 182 as it needs brakes but going with a friend in a 172... Along with half of cliosport.net! Will pop over and say hi, any chance of a pass ride in this??

Yea no problem.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found out. That the prodigy man Keith Flint will be there in is abarth 500!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just found out. That the prodigy man Keith Flint will be there in is abarth 500!

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bedford -

http://youtu.be/tjFPSm3arro

Drove the new clio too amazing!!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ermmm no brakes...
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As there were a few people from cliosport.net at bedford on friday i decided to join. Oh what a controversy. Just from a little aggressive overtake i am a bellend

The video in question...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TISAGnDPVl0&feature=youtu.be
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks right enough for me. Isn't cliosport just full of kids though?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Looks right enough for me. Isn't cliosport just full of kids though?

Yup. Full of people who do no wrong.

Its because in the briefing no overtaking in corners (like any normal TD) and i did it so i'm scum
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Internet
BeetleGav

6th Jul 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see nothing wrong with that overtake. They are just pissed they couldn't do the same
chris_uk
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked alright to me as well.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like other Renault owners don't like my aggressive driving.
John

6th Jul 13 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cliosport has always been full of wierdos.

Those 2 clio's needed the cambelt changed twice in the space of that clip.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were going ridiculously slow. I'd perhaps of stayed back until straight, people like that are unpredictable and may cut across into your path.

That's why no overtaking on corners exists, it's not about your ability but as you are on track with all skill levels some people would cut in. Saying that iv done it before and they were going stupid slow, should have been blue flagged
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 13 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yes cliosport is full of twats
Edges 58

6th Jul 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi dan thanks for the passenger ride yesterday! Impressive bit of kit that car is! I owe you a pass ride in mine when I've got it out on track! The whole thing over ok cliosport has been blown out of proportion and who cares.. There was no crash
Graham88

7th Jul 13 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were going stupidly slowly I don't blame you at all for doing that overtake despite not supposed to overtake on bends. Where is the place they're calling you a twat? Forum or youtube video?
Ben J

7th Jul 13 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf if they say no overtaking on corners then don't overtake on corners?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
They were going stupidly slowly I don't blame you at all for doing that overtake despite not supposed to overtake on bends. Where is the place they're calling you a twat? Forum or youtube video?

Cliosport & Renaultsport Forums.

I know I drive hard but it was dry and Bedford is one of the safest tracks. There was alot of people that didn't push or use the track particularly well so I used that to my advantage.

Think I'll stick to normal trackday were the experience is a little higher.

And Ben the corner is a very sweeping corner so when someone is off the line so much there is ample space.
BeetleGav

7th Jul 13 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's more of a slight bend in a straight than a corner I'd say
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Jul 13 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its on a no overtaking zone then don't overtake.

The briefing doesn't say here are some rules but if you fancy, you may break them.

Did the red Clio have to change his path when you came through? Not sure where you'd have gone if he'd have take the correct line.

[Edited on 07-07-2013 by Ian]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 13 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kinda my thinking, people that are clearly new to it like them are unpredictable

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015! 23 database queries in 0.0267999 seconds