corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(
l88fty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 15 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Only other thing I upgraded was I replaced the hoses with braided ones but I can't see that making a huge difference?

Now that's interesting, because your the second person to say that. Did you have to get them made or were they bought off the shelf?

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Jul 15 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had Calibra turbo brakes on mine with braided hoses and they were class

the hoses are just corsa ones

[Edited on 12-07-2015 by IvIarkgraham]
l88fty
Premium Member

12th Jul 15 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
I had Calibra turbo brakes on mine with braided hoses and they were class

the hoses are just corsa ones

Am hearing this more and more talking to people today, looks like these are next on the list!!

eBay Special

Ellis

13th Jul 15 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not one for posting in project these days but I can back up the good comments regarding V6 brakes.

Yes the pedal is 'long' with a bigger caliper piston but that is basic hydraulic principles. Once you get used to having a long travel brake pedal you won't turn back.

I didn't find the braided lines made much difference but may reduce some sponge feeling in the pedal over standard rubber hoses.
l88fty
Premium Member

13th Jul 15 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Not one for posting in project these days but I can back up the good comments regarding V6 brakes.

Yes the pedal is 'long' with a bigger caliper piston but that is basic hydraulic principles. Once you get used to having a long travel brake pedal you won't turn back.

I didn't find the braided lines made much difference but may reduce some sponge feeling in the pedal over standard rubber hoses.

I think thats the direction I'll head in, pick up a set and see how I go on.

l88fty
Premium Member

14th Jul 15 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up a few bits on Fleebay, just bits I've wanted to tidy up around the car.

Some gel centre stickers for the Speedlines to replace the current stickers I have on there at the moment.

I've been undecided on one of these for a while, but my old arieal mount is looking tatty and whilstever I could replace it with a GM one I'm trying to get away from the plastics so am hoping this will work well.

With the calilipers painted, trying to get some of the OPC Line branding on the car now that im starting with some small performance upgrades, so picked these up for the calilipers.

Undecided on these at the moment, as the car is smoothed and only badge is the OPEL grill badge. But am thinking of these for under the side repeators.

[Edited on 14-07-2015 by l88fty]

l88fty
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the shark fin arieal arrived in time for Trax, it cost £6 off eBay so I wasn't expecting anything special and this was just an temporary solution to get rid of the grotty GM arieal.

Once it was fitted and the colour match wasn't to bad, it didnt actually look as gash as I was expecting!!

I plan to buy another one, slightly smaller and have it colour coded to the correct colour black and then have it bonded on, as the current one is just stuck on.

The wheel centre gels arrived in time for Trax as well so got them fitted.

Couple of pics from Trax

Something that I've been trying to find for a while, with the help of John with the red Corsa B with my old character bonnet I now have one and can't wait to get it on the dash in the Corsa!!

Generation

21st Jul 15 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had one of those glued onto my dash. Everybody that got in car, grabbed it and said "ooh this is good" as ripping it off the dash. Gave up
Attaching it after a while
l88fty
Premium Member

22nd Jul 15 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Had one of those glued onto my dash. Everybody that got in car, grabbed it and said "ooh this is good" as ripping it off the dash. Gave up

I have ordered some Gorilla Glue doubled sided tape from America to do the job with, failing that I'll bolt the bastard down!!

VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Jul 15 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l88fty
quote:

I have ordered some Gorilla Glue doubled sided tape from America to do the job with, failing that I'll bolt the bastard down!!

They sell that stuff in Wilkinson

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ian W

22nd Jul 15 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be putting anything adhesive on my dash personally. A previous owner has done it in my GSi and it's left a massive mark on it so I am having to swap the dash out now to make it look mint
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Jul 15 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I saw that shark fin Ariel before you put it on I thought it was going to look terrible, but it actually looks okay.

The model corsa looks cool, but would be more somthing I'd put next to my lamp than on the dashboard of my car can't stand tat Inside a car

[Edited on 22-07-2015 by Jason x]
l88fty
Premium Member

22nd Jul 15 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
When I saw that shark fin Ariel before you put it on I thought it was going to look terrible, but it actually looks okay.

The model corsa looks cool, but would be more somthing I'd put next to my lamp than on the dashboard of my car can't stand tat Inside a car

I'm still undecided, I may just wait until I can afford to get the roof smoothed & repainted

The model is a bit of a personal touch, now that I'm in my thirties I dont get away with being a big kid so easily anymore, having said that I'm still a massive Lego & diecast collector. The B is just like having a big toy, everytime I want a play I go for a drive and wack on the tunes, so the model Corsa which I want on show when the cars on show to me symbolises where it all started as a kid

l88fty
Premium Member

29th Jul 15 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent the last week browsing German eBay and managed to pick up some right bargins, including a set of genuine DEPO headlights with the clear glass lenses. I've had several sets of the FK ones, but these are much better. Will get some pictures of them and the comparisson to the old ones when I change them over.

Zerocake took some pictures for their website of the install this evening

neil h

30th Jul 15 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of curiosity, why on earth did they mount a tweeter in the bottom of the door card with the 3 mids?
l88fty
Premium Member

30th Jul 15 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
Out of curiosity, why on earth did they mount a tweeter in the bottom of the door card with the 3 mids?

There not mids, only the first one is. The other two are full range so it made no difference. The speakers are barely running any power and the car is designed for the audio to be played with the doors open at shows and events, so its built purposely for that and not so much the audio qualilty inside the car.

gidged500
Premium Member

30th Jul 15 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving the shark fin mod ! Looks well
Boot build is top notch aswell
l88fty
Premium Member

30th Jul 15 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Loving the shark fin mod ! Looks well
Boot build is top notch aswell

That f**king shark fin has been nothing put a pain in the ass, its only a stick on and every time the car is in the sun it comes off!! So I have another one on order, a bolt on smaller on. Will get some pics up tomorrow when its fitted

l88fty
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up a new set of genuine clear glass Depo's from German eBay for £48 shipped to me, bargin price for a simple mod that looks so much cleaner

...and even though I liked it, got pissed off with the stick on dummy Shark Fin so purchased a small bolt on one.

Mark.W

31st Jul 15 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those Depos from Germany will be LHD will they not?
l88fty
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Those Depos from Germany will be LHD will they not?

If I drove the car at night, I'd be worried

Mark.W

31st Jul 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bolt on aerial?

did you have to remove the headliner?
Generation

31st Jul 15 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lights look nice, how come so much bumper gap around headlights? I'm not into audio, but that audio build looks very neatly done
l88fty
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W

Actually in all seriousness Mark, it's just a case of adjusting them manually and not using the electric levelling. But I really dont get to drive it at night

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
bolt on aerial?

did you have to remove the headliner?

Not remove it, just drop the very back of it down theres 3 clips along the edge where it meets the boot just pull them out and pulled it down enough to get a flat spanner in

quote:
Lights look nice, how come so much bumper gap around headlights? I'm not into audio, but that audio build looks very neatly done

It's results of a poor fiberglass and filler job - actually no thats harsh because the smoothing is spot on and havent had any cracking etc. yet - but because of the amout of filler/fibreglass in the bumper theres no flex in it so cant get it to clip it and its become out of shape from the work its had done.

The way I had the audio done was of massive importance to me as I wanted to keep it as stock as possbile - hence all the dark cloth/vinyl look materials.

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :( 24 database queries in 0.0284259 seconds