corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Mar 14 at 01:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kimis head looks massive

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno where BBCare getting their info from as I've heard nothing from Merc yet but

"Lewis Hamilton has made it back to the paddock and is immediately swamped by camera crews and snappers. The Mercedes encountered an automatic switch-off when on track, so the car stopped without Hamilton doing anything."

Cars sound amazing doing burnouts!

Tyre squeal is cool too

[Edited on 14-03-2014 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sensor problem on Lewis' car, shut the car down "for no reason" according to Niki Lauda
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better session, RBR not a million miles off tho

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Better session, RBR not a million miles off tho

It obvious they have a good car aero wise, its wether they can get the full package working, nearly a second off is still a fair way back, their long runs didnt really get in the Merc league either. Apparently they've brought a whole new chassis here, which is pretty mental. Certainly in a lot better shape though, lets see if they can do a race distance now.

Ferrari look decent, but they're still struggling with fuel consumption so we might see them falling back later in the race if they have to fuel save like crazy.

Williams are a bit nowhere, Symonds said its "a bit" better than the times suggest.
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is worrying for the field however

Tobias Grüner F1 &#8207;@tgruener 11m
Horner: Red Bull losing 0,75s - 1,0s on the straights only. So car must be quick in corners. AMuS (in German)

Get that engine sorted and they're right in the game, which tbf, was probably expected, they havent forgot how to build a quick car.
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't engines frozen now for the year? They can make safety/reliability tweaks but not performance.

If they're a second down on the straights because Renault went too conservative to gain reliability - then they may be stuck with it all year.

Either that, or they're down on the straight because their aero is "too dirty".

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see them losing a second on aero alone. Its more likely the Renault engine is under powered (given the lack of decent Renault times), which as you rightly say is frozen on performance, which should make Monza "interesting" for them

Ben G

14th Mar 14 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since when did any f1 team stick by the rule book?

Not a chance they won't sneak a engine map or whatever in there and suddenly be back at the front.
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still laughing at Lewis coming through security in full team gear inc his helmet on and the security guy asking if he has a pass
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF we nearly got into the Mercedes motorhome with a cardboard cutout of Lewis, wearing McLaren gear.

Maybe they tightened up security as a result of that

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Aaron

14th Mar 14 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I'm a driver....."

It would have been a bit of a perfect crime for a randomer to gain access to the paddock though I guess.
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark Hughes:

The Mercedes-powered drivers don’t need to worry as much about this as the others for the efficiency of their energy recovery is such that even around Albert Park – a circuit with the second or third highest fuel consumption of the year – Mercedes teams were considering not putting in the full 100kg of fuel and perhaps short-fuelling. It implies that it’s quite feasible there will be no circuits on the calendar where the Mercs are fuel-limited.
“If that’s the case,” said one Renault-engined team engineer, “then they might as well give the trophies out now.” Ferrari and Renault are nowhere near achieving this at the moment.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope thats true and Rosberg was just playing mind games with his "struggling to stick to the fuel limit" comments after practice. Apparently there's been a bit of talk in the paddock that Williams and Merc were seriously sandbagging in practice and theres more to come, dont know how true that is but we'll find out soon. JB seemed a bit down in the dumps with how far Merc were infront of Mclaren, imagine if it was worse than he thought

Alarm is set for half 4 so i can get up, have a watch of some Sky+'d P3 then Quali, nervous as fuck tbh

[Edited on 14-03-2014 by JonnyJ]
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got pop tarts and coffee at the ready.

Unfortunately I'm about 6 beers beyond my delta so tomorrow may be a struggle

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be using my pint tea mug for some coffee when i get up for sure. Did plan to go to bed at 9 so i could be asleep for 9:30 but that looks optimistic right now!

Anyone else up for it live?
Dave

14th Mar 14 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alarm set here too, I'm off to work at 6:30 anyway and pretty much always wake before 6 so it's not a big inconvenience.
Dave

14th Mar 14 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cock, thought quali was at 4, I'm going to miss most of it driving to work
Cole

14th Mar 14 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

radio 5 live I will be up love the early start races I don't get interrupted by kids lol
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Cock, thought quali was at 4, I'm going to miss most of it driving to work

When this is the case for me i just sack the whole thing off, Sky+ it and then play the "hide from all media outlets" game, which in this day and age is an absoloute nightmare

Cant check certain forums, cant check FB, cant check Twitter, cant listen to any radio and have to avoid any TV's showing a news channel Managed to do it for 4 days once just so i could watch a race "as live" was horrendous
JonnyJ

14th Mar 14 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see Rain is forecast for the start of quali Btw. Annoying really, could give RB and some other slow teams a chance
Ben G

14th Mar 14 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously got a hard on for that turbo whistle sound when pulling away from idle. Sounds like some mental skyline or equally fast n furious jap motor.

Miss the high pitch of the v8 but times change.
Rick Draper

15th Mar 14 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully spamilbleton will die in a big crash and Schumachers family can then trot out the "everything happens for a reason" card.
JonnyJ

15th Mar 14 at 05:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Seriously got a hard on for that turbo whistle sound when pulling away from idle. Sounds like some mental skyline or equally fast n furious jap motor.

Miss the high pitch of the v8 but times change.

They sound amazing doing burnouts

They dont sound amazing on board and i dont think it translates well on TV but i bet they still sound ace trackside with all the turbo whistle. I also love the fact you can hear the tyres squealing with understeer. I hope they dont start making "fake" engine noise to up the sound level, engines should sound how they sound, people will get used to them.
JonnyJ

15th Mar 14 at 05:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished watching P3, Merc are FAST. Vettel was bithcing and moaning, Grosjean was spittingb the dummy out too. Not a lot of happy drivers out there, unless you drive for Mercedes

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0178769 seconds