corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official 2016 F1 Thread
Ellis

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 16 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Rosbergs Penalty

It's laughable people are actually defending him. To then pipe up on team radio being at full lock. Yes, Nico, you were full lock, 5 metres after the apex
tom130691
Premium Member

3rd Aug 16 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the Rosberg penalty was a bit harsh this time,

he was late on the brakes and if he had turned in earlier id have expected it to lock up or under steer anyway, he was protecting his tyres and keeping control of the car,

I felt it was different to the Hamilton one as this was a late attack from a long way back, where as last time it was aggressive defending that was uncalled for.(Rossi Marquez style)
Ellis

3rd Aug 16 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
he was protecting his tyres and keeping control of the car

Whilst forcing another driver off the track. Stone wall penalty.

If he'd gone in there with the fronts locked, belching smoke and the wheel at full lock, I think the stewards may have looked upon him more favourably, as would the fans. It was an amateur barge at best in my books.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 16 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think the Rosberg penalty was a bit harsh this time,

he was late on the brakes and if he had turned in earlier id have expected it to lock up or under steer anyway, he was protecting his tyres and keeping control of the car,

I felt it was different to the Hamilton one as this was a late attack from a long way back, where as last time it was aggressive defending that was uncalled for.(Rossi Marquez style)

No chance, he 100% drove straight until he left no room in the corner. Dont buy that at all he didnt appear to be carrying too much speed
Ben G

3rd Aug 16 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was almost at a stop when he decided to finally turn. I could see it was a blatant attempt at pushing Verstappen off the track and I was watching in on my phone.
Ben G

3rd Aug 16 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:
he was protecting his tyres and keeping control of the car

Whilst forcing another driver off the track. Stone wall penalty.

If he'd gone in there with the fronts locked, belching smoke and the wheel at full lock, I think the stewards may have looked upon him more favourably, as would the fans. It was an amateur barge at best in my books.

Remember when Lewis did exactly that in 2014? On Jenson Button iirc. They hit front wings and caused some damage. No penalty as you could clearly see Lewis was desperately trying to make the corner.
tom130691
Premium Member

4th Aug 16 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont believe he deliberately ran him out, it was just a side effect of the late braking,

hard on the brakes and applying lock is never a good idea, if he had locked up or lost the back like he did in Canada there would have been contact and bigger penalties,

Im not a Rosberg fan boy i think he is a dick, but if people will be punished for making late braking moves whats the point in racing,
Steve
Premium Member

4th Aug 16 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must have been watching a different race
Ellis

4th Aug 16 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
hard on the brakes and applying lock is never a good idea

Agreed but in that case, the move wasn't on. Any old John can plunge a car deep into a corner, wildly missing the apex and turning far too late.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Aug 16 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch it again, especially at 1 min, hes going slower than verstappen and verstappen manages to turn in quite easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw4XRlOWD_8
Ben G

4th Aug 16 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom, you definitely weren't watching the same race as everyone else either that or you were on some ford of mind altering drug that makes things appear faster than they actually are.

Bare in mind this is an F1 car and not a Dacia Sandero, one would assume you could quite easily turn into the corner at a moderate speed. Nico was almost stopped when he finally decided to turn his steering wheel.

He also came on the radio saying he was on full lock trying to make the bend. Problem is, he had already gone past the bend before deciding to apply any sort of lock to his car.

It's obvious what he was doing and he fucked it up again.

[Edited on 04-08-2016 by Ben G]
Robin
Premium Member

5th Aug 16 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont believe he deliberately ran him out, it was just a side effect of the late braking,

hard on the brakes and applying lock is never a good idea, if he had locked up or lost the back like he did in Canada there would have been contact and bigger penalties,

Im not a Rosberg fan boy i think he is a dick, but if people will be punished for making late braking moves whats the point in racing,

Did you see the onboard?
Robin
Premium Member

5th Aug 16 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Watch it again, especially at 1 min, hes going slower than verstappen and verstappen manages to turn in quite easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw4XRlOWD_8

Genuinely he most ridiculous thing anyone has ever said if they think that wasn't malicious
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Aug 16 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Double engine change for Lewis Glad Merc didn't try to do anything clever by stretching components out.

Top 5 this weekend Lewis and then a clear run to the WDC

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

27th Aug 16 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Triple engine change tbh

I wonder how much they cost per unit?

[Edited on 27-08-2016 by Ben G]
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Aug 16 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Triple engine change tbh

I wonder how much they cost per unit?

[Edited on 27-08-2016 by Ben G]

I was wondering this, surely once they've tooled up once - manufacturing new ones isn't that much in the grand scheme of the RnD that's gone into it over the years.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

28th Aug 16 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ, K Mag just Banzai'd Eau Rouge and lost it very surprised he walked away!!!! Pretty much went 200mph-0 in no time at all.

[Edited on 28-08-2016 by Ben G]
Ben G

28th Aug 16 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great result for Lewis. Didn't expect a podium finish. Obviously the Ferrari's crashing and the safety car period helped that, but it still required Lewis to get through safely.

I bet Nico is gutted inside. He drove a fantastic race and did all he had to do, yet is still 9 points behind, with Lewis having nice fresh engines and components for the rest of the season.
nibnob21
Premium Member

29th Aug 16 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently it was driving over debris that caused a blowout for Sainz, in case anyone else was left wondering like I was.

MX5 Project Thread
whitter45

30th Aug 16 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was an OK race , great driving from Alonso - power seems to be increasing from them

Hamilton made the best of his situation - you could see him holding back at the start - certainly got a wiser racing head on him now a days

I like vestapen, very Schumi like but he does push the boundaries

I think it highlighted how stupid the Rosberg penaalty was in Germinay

What was also interesting was how the media react to team mates crashing

Vettel pinched Kimi at the start and was clearly vettels fault - yet hardly anything said

If that had been rosberg and hamilton we would have had 2 weeks of Analysis, listening to toto and niki spitting Dummies

Also Seriously, SKY need to get rid of Crofty - he is M Walker more and more each race - can't even get the drivers correct when we are watching the same feed

Ellis

30th Aug 16 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
SKY need to get rid of Crofty

Couldn't agree more.

I find myself listening to good quality commentary from Brundle then, shouty man David Croft interrupts with some [largely irrelevant] nonsense at high volume. Action on screen nothing to do with Lewis - let's talk about Lewis.

Maybe the casual observer enjoys his shouty commentary but I certainly don't. Even the nonsense he spouts to Paul Di Resta during FP1/2 is embarrassing, Paul does extremely well with him keeping his cool and patience. He comes away with some almighty technical blunders he could so easily avoid by asking the person beside to explain rather than blurt out himself.

Was it 2011, Brundle & Coulthard were commentating together? Sky need to be chasing something like that IMO.

The ex-drivers are so valuable. Although clearly a great man, Damon Hill, is the exception. When a microphone is moved towards his face; he has a level of coherency similar to that of a teenager caught masturbating by his parents.
Ben G

30th Aug 16 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i agree Vettel was at fault for the T1 crash.

You could see on the Slow-mo that Vettel turns in on Kimi before Verstappen even turns up on the scene. The guy is fast becoming a bit of an Imbecile, constantly berating orders of ''get out of my superior way'' over the radio and generally acting like he deserves an empty track. What a tit.
whitter45

1st Sep 16 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massa retires - thank god

Maybe Williams can source a long term younger driver they can develop

Ben G

1st Sep 16 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At last. That guy has become a complete and utter moron in recent years. He cried everytime he gets overtaken.
Ellis

2nd Sep 16 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long overdue retirement. You could see it pained Claire Williams to say they are happy with both their drivers at every interview.

Make some space for a young driver in the paddock, regardless of team. Pierre Gasly surely due a jump up soon.

Somewhat annoying seeing a bright talent in Vandoorne sitting out the season. He absolutely trounced the opposition in GP2. Proven solid pair of hands in single seater racing.

He's hardly set the field on fire in Super Formula but nonetheless doing a sterling job.

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0199931 seconds