corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent films I have seen

New Poll
  <<  256    257    258    259    260    261    262  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Recent films I have seen
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 14 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Angriest Man In Brooklyn - 5/10

some funny bits but really nothing much happens..
Marc

23rd Aug 14 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thor : The Dark World - 5/10

I just don't get it. Love the X-Men, Spiderman and the Avengers films but I just can not get on with Thor. I didn't particularly like the first one, the setting of Asgard just looks cheap like some fantasy film but with a touch of colour. The scenes on earth are a lot better and I would have preferred the films to have been wholly set there. Still, the interaction between Thor and Loki was entertaining, shame he spent half of the film locked up. I was ready to say something else about Loki but I've had to remove that bit!
Cole

24th Aug 14 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Into the storm 7/10 its just another disaster movie tbh
Conway563

24th Aug 14 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Lego Movie - 6.5/10
It was alright but I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. Not sure if it was the kids talking all the way through it but expected it to be better than it was.
Thought the end was a bit shit
Marc

24th Aug 14 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gravity - 6/10

Better than the comments on here led me to believe, but not as good as the critics were making out. It was ok, started off fast and built up a sense of panic and thankfully there was a little more to it than just Sandra Bullock floating around in space. I'm still glad I didn't go to the cinema to see it, I'm not doubting it would have looked good on the big screen, but I like to watch a film for more than just the visuals. I think they missed a real trick by not have character flashbacks that could have created a back story and maybe make us feel more sympathetic to the astronauts.
Marc

25th Aug 14 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Girl Interrupted - 7/10

First time I have seen it all the way through. I'm not sure why Angelina Jolie got an oscar for her performance, I don't think she gave anything more than Ryder, Murphy or DuVall. The film actually reminded me of a mix of Twelve Monkeys (the ward scenes) and Good Will Hunting. I don't think the message of the film really hit home until right towards the end, up until this point it could have just been 2 hours of crazy women in a psychiatric ward. Maybe it needed that to make it more dramatic.
Ben G

25th Aug 14 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Divergent 8/10.
Scotty_B

25th Aug 14 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need for Speed - 5/10 and that was just for the cars.
Gavin
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
Gravity

Visually - 10/10
As a movie - 9/10

Decided to go and watch this at BFI IMAX down in larnnnndan, and glad I did. Visually it was stunning. I also liked how the film makers used interesting objects such as a the deployed parachute to enhance the experience of being in space. Also like some of the camera angles and 1st person frames.

As for the plot, yeah. It was fairly enjoyable, slightly far fetched in places but nothing to cry about.

I just wished there were move movies 'for the cinema' like this

Watched this on the tele. This is defo a film which had to be watched at the cinema. I'd probably give it 7/10 now I've watched it again outside of the cinema.

pew pew pew pewwwww
Ben G

25th Aug 14 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The purge -10/10.

Seriously, who on earth thought this would be a good idea?

So much bullshit it's unbelievable.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Number 1? I saw that the other day thought it was pretty good, 2 is meant to be better
Ben G

25th Aug 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah first one.

Found it hilarious that after the boyfriend gets shot and then the dad tries to get them all together, she goes running off, then the boy runs off.

Also, why would you let your kids know the password? He's supposed to be some super billy wiz security guy, yet appears to be an absolute amateur.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 14 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah theres loads of flaws in the plot, for instance they buy all that protection shit then dont even have a few bullet proof vests lying around.

still enjoyed it though, forgot about analysing it
Generation

25th Aug 14 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Gravity

Visually - 10/10
As a movie - 9/10

Decided to go and watch this at BFI IMAX down in larnnnndan, and glad I did. Visually it was stunning. I also liked how the film makers used interesting objects such as a the deployed parachute to enhance the experience of being in space. Also like some of the camera angles and 1st person frames.

As for the plot, yeah. It was fairly enjoyable, slightly far fetched in places but nothing to cry about.

I just wished there were move movies 'for the cinema' like this

Watched this on the tele. This is defo a film which had to be watched at the cinema. I'd probably give it 7/10 now I've watched it again outside of the cinema.

Same cinema in 3d was 9/10 on dvd at home 6/10
N16K

25th Aug 14 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
The purge -10/10.

Seriously, who on earth thought this would be a good idea?

So much bullshit it's unbelievable.

I liked it the second one look great also.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 14 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Godzilla - 6/10
flybikeslee

26th Aug 14 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inbetweeners 2. the poo slide had me
Marc

26th Aug 14 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fright Night 2 (2013) - 5.5/10

I watched the remake a few months back and was surprised how good it was. Usually with horror remakes they lose the charm of the original, and as it was the 80's it was made in the right time. Fright Night (2011) for me was equally as good as the original and was good enough to not be compared. I saw this was one of the movie premieres and recorded it. I wasn't expecting it to be any where near as good as the previous film especially given its IMDB/RT rating, plus it was DTV.

FN2 was better than I expected although it is a totally different kind of vampire film that shares nothing with FN1. The film started with a women being bitten at a petrol station then jumped to Romania where a school trip was taking place. It had the usual plot of boy suspects someone of being a vampire (the woman from the beginning) and finds out she has to bathe in the blood of virgins to stay looking young and sets out to save the day with the help of Peter Vincent who is a tv vampire hunter celebrity (no longer played by David Tennant). Also for a horror-comedy, there wasn't any comedy.

It was alright, but I'd stick to the first one.

Interesting fact, Sacha Parkinson that played a lesbian in Coro is in it.
andy1868

26th Aug 14 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been on my arse the past few days so watched some films on amazon prime while feeling sorry for myself

Almost Famous 7/10 was okay. Probably wouldn't watch again

Donnie Brasco 9/10 Watched as i thought i hadn't watched it but i had a long time ago. Good film, would watch again (again :lol

The Sitter 6.5/10 Was okay, it got crap reviews online but i think it was better than they suggested. An okay time waster for a couple of hours but don't expect massive laughs or deep storyline.

Full Metal Jacket 9.5/10 Watched for the first time in about 10 years, forgot how good it was, really love this film

Bowling for Columbine 7/10 Again not seen for a long time, still a decent documentary if not a little bit silly.
flybikeslee

26th Aug 14 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

andy1868

26th Aug 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

s'alright, back in work today after 9 days off and feel well better. Work as a cure, who knew
sc0ott

26th Aug 14 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snitch - 0/10. Dont expect it to be like the rocks other films, such as faster, walking tall etc.
Generation

26th Aug 14 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucy 5/10

Nice ideas, put together badly
Marc

26th Aug 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Captain Phillips - 8/10

Quite enjoyed that.
Marc

27th Aug 14 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ripleys Game - 7/10

Sequel to The Talented Mr Ripley, sequel in the sense that the film is a continuation of the character Tom Ripley, now a middle aged man played by John Malckovich. Still living in Italy he along with his accomplice (Ray Winstone) manipulates his terminally ill neighbour Jonathan (Dougery Scott) in to committing murder followed by more crimes on his behalf in exchange for financial security. As the film goes on it appears that Jonathan is developing a liking for his new profession. For a film made in 2002 it uncannily felt like a film made in the 80's. A totally different film from the first, and a lot better.

<<  256    257    258    259    260    261    262  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent films I have seen 23 database queries in 0.0996280 seconds