corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Galaxy S3 people

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Galaxy S3 people
A2H GO

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bad (even though technically it is a proprietary connector since only the S3 and Note 2 currently use it) , everything else still stands though.

[Edited on 22-11-2012 by A2H GO]
John

22nd Nov 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's micro usb with some extra functionality in a port the same shape.

Not the same as using a proprietary connector.
A2H GO

22nd Nov 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, should have used 'non-standard' connector.

John

22nd Nov 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only non standard for added extra's though, can't exactly fit an hdmi port on it.

The usb part of it is completely standard.
A2H GO

22nd Nov 12 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it works with standard micro USB then fair enough, tried it with a micro usb car charger the other day and it didn't work, nothing to say that wasn't the car charger though.

Seen people kicking off about the port change from non-standard but reading this it seems a good thing so happy to put it under the 'good' list, suppose its got to be good at something

http://www.galaxymhl.com/
John

22nd Nov 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must have been the charger. It's just a normal use port.
Rich H

22nd Nov 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gmail app scales email fine for me (ie no need to scroll) with the phone on it's side.

Also not found any issue with the keyboard in general tbh. Do find I have to double check most things I type atm, but actually think that's down to me never having a fully touchscreen phone before. Touchscreen on this is night and day compared to the one on my old BB torch!
A2H GO

22nd Nov 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Landscape works better but never check my email in landscape. Trying out the default Samsung email app for now, it offers combined inbox too, the white text on black looks pants though.

Dom

22nd Nov 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Gmail app scales email fine for me (ie no need to scroll) with the phone on it's side.

It's HTML/picture-based emails that it won't scale correctly, it's fine with bogo-standard text mail. Although i did think the standard email app scales but it looks like doesn't.
K-9 mail is a decent mail app though + it's free
A2H GO

22nd Nov 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the standard one did too, however you can pinch to zoom out which makes it better.

Any hackery that can be done to the gmail app?
Rich H

22nd Nov 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I'm just not as fussy as you lot after coming from a Blackberry

FB app works fine for me compared to the BB one, and the email seems ok - the BB probably handled text based emails better, but html / image emails the S3 works better for me!

Battery life even with sync on seems last pretty well too - am on 44% atm took off charge at 7am. Been in & out of reception all day and been on the phone for about 2 hours in total today, amongst numerous emails / photos etc.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never ever ever understood the need for an all-in-one inbox... infact I love that all my inboxes are separate on my HTC.
John

22nd Nov 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's difficult enough to not send the wrong email to the wrong person with separate accounts, I agree with the keeping them discrete.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking hate sending people at work my personal email account on my iPad, would never happen on my phone because of the two apps
A2H GO

22nd Nov 12 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It reply's from the mailbox it was sent to?

Alternatively you can have it always reply from a specific one.

pow
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that, it's when I compose, it's a couple of taps to uncover and change the from address. Apple still think people are retards
A2H GO

23rd Nov 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like my S3 is nackered, its now showing 'No Sim' and can't get it to work at all.

What warranty do I have? Do I take it back to the Orange shop where I bought it from or am I going to have to send it off to Samsung?

Any chance of just getting my money back?
Rich H

23rd Nov 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weirdly enough mine literally just did this (said no SIM after I read this thread!) Took the back cover off and my SIM had somehow popped out of the holder a bit. Clipped it back into place and back in business. I assume you've checked it's in the right place on yours?!
fazza

23rd Nov 12 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont get your money back, tbh best off going direct to samsung as often orange will just direct you to samsung anyways
A2H GO

23rd Nov 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah had the sim out, battery out, on/off all the usual stuff, no luck. Strange.

Read up and it seems if I take it into Orange they will send it off for repair. Might kick up a fuss and say I don't I didn't pay for a phone that's been taken apart messed about with and put back together again.

Probably won't get anywhere.

[Edited on 23-11-2012 by A2H GO]
A2H GO

24th Nov 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took it in Orange today and it reminded me of why I've avoided having to deal with carriers for the last 5 years.

Tried to tell me the warranty was voided because it had been unlocked and so there was nothing they could do. They unlocked it for me and never mentioned anything about warranty.

Went fucking mental, bought the phone outright any they're telling me I've got no warranty. After lots of faffing and them telling me I needed to proove the original Orange sim was being actively used (which it wasnt and I'm not sure what that has to do with anything) they gave in and decided to send it off.

Now two weeks and 2 hour train journeys everyday without a phone and when I get it back they're telling me I'll have to pay to have it unlocked again. Fucking useless bunch of morons.

Had it been Apple I'd have walked out with a replacement phone nay bother. Going straight on eBay when I get it back.
John

24th Nov 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can unlock it without orange doing it (unless it's different for the LTE version)

Can't really blame Samsung for Orange customer service. In saying that though, Orange are about the best carrier I've seen for phone replacement, normally out next day for a straight swap.
A2H GO

24th Nov 12 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not blaming Samsung, that said the phones only 6 weeks old and shouldn't have broken already.

They did say 2 weeks, no mention or option of next day?
John

24th Nov 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe just business, we've had them replaced for all sorts in work, getting a new phone for a dodgy speaker when the old one had a cracked screen etc.
A2H GO

24th Nov 12 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah well, shit happens. I just hate their attitude, as though you always owe them something, like they're doing you a favor fixing your broken phone after 6 weeks . They should be bending over backwards to sort it out but they truly couldn't care less.

[Edited on 24-11-2012 by A2H GO]

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll