corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did somebody say something?
DC90

2nd Jul 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, samba is going back to anzhi
Nismo

2nd Jul 13 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reecemac
Paulinho done!

Hopefully a sign of good things to come
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Jul 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where will Paulinho fit in? Maybe I don't watch enough of Tottenham but that would mean dislodging Dembele or Parker? Or Sandro when he's fit again. I hope Parker continues to start as he's still a top top player. Nae nonsense in his game and will run for fun.
Robbo

2nd Jul 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parker is being sold iirc. not up to it anymore
AlexSXI

2nd Jul 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think AVB is aiming for something like this:

Lloris
Walker-Dawson-Vertonghen-AssouEkotto/Rose
Paulinho-Sandro-Dembele (in a middle 3)
Lennon-Bale
Villa/Daimaio

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Kaboul, Livermore, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Villa/Daimaio

Parker, Huddlestone, Defoe & Adebayor supposedly off, as is Assou-Ekotto potentially
Robbo

2nd Jul 13 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a suspiciously familair formation
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Jul 13 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Bollocks. He still has what it takes to play at the top level. If anything, he might tire a bit towards the end but he puts a shift in every time he walks on to the pitch.
DC90

2nd Jul 13 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like Parker, would be a decent signing for most clubs if spurs do get rid.

Going to replace Steve here - chelsea have now apparently made a move for Cavani. That's one big buy out clause!
AlexSXI

2nd Jul 13 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I admire Parker too, and there's no one in the game more willing to put their body on the line than him,

BUT,

After watching him pretty regularly for 2 seasons, he has frustrated me immensely with his lack of forward movement/passing and his non-existent goal threat.

In my opinion Sandro does the holding midfield job much more effectively than him and he pops up with the odd goal, and with Paulinho supposedly joining as well as Livermore, Tom Carroll, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Huddlestone etc still as the club, I'm not sure Parker is worth the money he's paid anymore, especially given his age!

[Edited on 02-07-2013 by AlexSXI]
Robbo

2nd Jul 13 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Bollocks. He still has what it takes to play at the top level. If anything, he might tire a bit towards the end but he puts a shift in every time he walks on to the pitch.
i would have agreed with you but thats what everyone has been saying. he certainyl struggled with fitness last year so i guess theyw ant somneone they can rely on for 90 mins not someone they will have to podolski every match
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Jul 13 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree that he doesn't give the attacking threat in his role, but that's what the massivbe arrays of talent are for!
I hope he finds another PL club. He's got another couple of seasons in him and tbh, he'd be a great asset at a team like Sunderland.

Edit: I wouldn't say Sandro is as good defensively; he's got some developing to do. But he definitely is better moving forward.

[Edited on 02-07-2013 by Eck]
Cavey

2nd Jul 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paolo would love him at Sunderland, just then type of player I would imagine him wanting, especially if Cattermole is going from them

We'll have him back at West Ham.

Supposedly looking to get in on the Bony move, a player they've been interested in for ages, but seemed to be missing out on to Swansea.

[Edited on 02-07-2013 by Cavey]
Conway563

2nd Jul 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Going to replace Steve here - chelsea have now apparently made a move for Cavani. That's one big buy out clause!

Read something earlier that Cavani's agent is meeting PSG today so Chelsea are looking at El Shaarawy instead
Robbo

2nd Jul 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il Pharo is like David Villa, neither are strikers, they're left forwards :/ We have been in for El Shaarawy numerous times apparently but Milan want £30m+ which is £10m too much IMO. cracking player and prospect though

I think Cavani will go fro the £35-40m mark at some point, which is massively OTT IMO
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jul 13 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, destined to be the next big flop imo
taylorboosh

2nd Jul 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would take parker in a heart beat
DC90

2nd Jul 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

Read something earlier that Cavani's agent is meeting PSG today so Chelsea are looking at El Shaarawy instead

£43m bid by Psg, chelsea just approaching as it stands
Cavey

2nd Jul 13 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swansea are quietly getting their work done early, 3 or 4 signings for them now.

Nathan Redmond is going to Norwich, good signing for them, he might get to play there too
Hammer

2nd Jul 13 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

£43m bid by Psg, chelsea just approaching as it stands

FFS
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Jul 13 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, Cavani will score for fun in Ligue 1. Still an absurd price though.
Hammer

2nd Jul 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rather sign Bent or Defoe.

And I'm being deadly serious.
p

2nd Jul 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Il Pharo is like David Villa, neither are strikers, they're left forwards :/ We have been in for El Shaarawy numerous times apparently but Milan want £30m+ which is £10m too much IMO. cracking player and prospect though

I think Cavani will go fro the £35-40m mark at some point, which is massively OTT IMO

Judging by some transfers over the last few years, I'd say Cavani at £35 million would be a stupidly good price.

Did you just say David Villa isn't a striker granted he doesn't get to play much in that position nowadays, but he's still a striker
Cavey

2nd Jul 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupidly good price

I think he's overpriced by 10m or so at that personally. Definitely not worth 43m or the e53m (I think his release clause is?)

If he goes to PSG... Ibra to the prem?
DC90

2nd Jul 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still no pre season thread (hint hint) so I'll post here. Bournemouth charging £60 a ticket, yes, 6..0 for pre season game against Madrid. Disgusting.

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0206668 seconds