corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
AlexW

User status: Offline
24th Jul 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing to do is call DVLA/Vosa or check their websites etc.
Metzy

24th Jul 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to MOT it (old one is invalid now)

VIC it which is a quick plates check and nowt else, really dont worry about it.

tell insurance your driving it once done as they most likely will have put the isurance down as 'innactive'

yes i have done this a few times LOL

good luck with it, one of, if not THE most inspirational thread on here for me, ive just brought a full cream leather inteior as thought yours looked so much nicer than others with the black jobbies and love how youve gone about all mods

if its scrubbing, check back of damper against inner arch on full rebound, B's are a bitch for bending the inner arch inwards on an impact which pulls the top of the leg inwards and therefore the leg rubs against the bottom of the arch which cant move, just a thought

Wayne
nath2905
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see you have repaired it mate , mine was a cat c write off, its just has to go for a VIC to make sure you havent welded two cars together lol, its just a shame that you will have to send the log book off and it will come back as a accident damaged vehicle, not a big deal really, if you ever come to sell it you dont have to tell them its a write off unless they ask btw
ProjectNCK

26th Jul 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you get the vectra steering wheel to fit corsa ?
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Jul 11 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked on the DVLA and it comes back as having MOT, so do i need to re-test it or can i just get it straight VIC checked?

Wayne, Was just the arch metal where dad had repaired it being too close to the wheel, smashed it out a bit with a hammer so should be alright now cheers for the positive comments also

NCK, you need the indicator/squib mount and squib/contact ring from the vectra, needs a bit of splicing of wires for the wheel controls but doesn't seem too hard, there's a guide somewhere but can't remember where

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
M Beirne

27th Jul 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to see you repaired it mate, looks like a top job aswell, keep up the good work.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jul 11 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So that Vectra wheel mod is possible - there was someone asking about it in HZ a while back.
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Jul 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers M beirne

Ian, as far as i know, yeah, i've not got round to fitting mine yet as i just need to get the bit of loom that goes from the squib to the plug on the steering column to splice with the corsa one. But i've seen a few Vectra SRI wheels done so figured it should be the same with the GSI. I think the splines changed with the MK4 Astra

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

27th Jul 11 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Cheers M beirne

Ian, as far as i know, yeah, i've not got round to fitting mine yet as i just need to get the bit of loom that goes from the squib to the plug on the steering column to splice with the corsa one. But i've seen a few Vectra SRI wheels done so figured it should be the same with the GSI. I think the splines changed with the MK4 Astra

I've not wired my stereo controls in yet but the rest went in fine

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
ProjectNCK

28th Jul 11 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a guide for doing it ??
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ProjectNCK
Is there a guide for doing it ??

Here you go buddy

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/fit-vectra-b-29126.html

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Metzy

28th Jul 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Paul, i know it sounds daft but you will need to, i had an 18 month old GTi180 that i repaired from a Cat D and obviosuly you dont need an MOT till 36 months old BUT i was refused a VIC cert untill MOTing it... for the sake of the £38 for an Mot its just not worth the argument, lets face a car this worked on is not gonna fail Mot.

positive comments were well deserved, please continue with project, trully inspirational.
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Aug 11 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VIC check done! Think it's all sorted and back on the road, just gotta send off for a new V5

M Sutton

7th Aug 11 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant
SeanXE

7th Aug 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, i had a vectra gsi wheel in my old silver sport

Edit, and the seats lol.

[Edited on 07-08-2011 by SeanXE]
Kieran
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure i see you yesterday at kfc in Victoria park, In podington?
Paul W
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was at welli kfc yeah, saw the back end of a blue corsa next to a black ibiza was it? loads of people stood around it? Didn't know it was you dude, would have come over and had a chat if i did

Kieran
Premium Member

9th Aug 11 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na I was tucked up behind a black pulsar in the Halfords repair bit. I see you at the last minute and shouted lol. Do you live round there then?
Paul W
Premium Member

9th Aug 11 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, thats it, was a pulsar. Yeah I live in rushden, pretty much down the road from wellingborough, and it's about 5 mins from pod which is awesome lol. Went to kfc cos the missus fancied some, wish I'd have noticed you now, would have loved to check out your motor properly and have a chat

AndyCorsaSport

9th Aug 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metzy
Yes Paul, i know it sounds daft but you will need to, i had an 18 month old GTi180 that i repaired from a Cat D and obviosuly you dont need an MOT till 36 months old BUT i was refused a VIC cert untill MOTing it... for the sake of the £38 for an Mot its just not worth the argument, lets face a car this worked on is not gonna fail Mot.

positive comments were well deserved, please continue with project, trully inspirational.

You dont need a VIC check for a Cat D, just Cat C.

Looks well mate, glad to see you repaired it instead of binning it.
Kieran
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going trax? Bet it's nice only going 5 mins down the road on event days lol.
Paul W
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully i will be at trax, yeah. Yeah does come in handy with PVS and stuff, getting to sleep in a nice warm bed instead of camping

Damon.c

19th Aug 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows the car coming along paul ? Have you got the outside sorted ?
Paul W
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's all good Damon, just needs a proper lick of paint and it'll be reet, just driven down to kent and back this weekend without any issues so should be all good for now. Picked something up while i was down there too

Damon.c

22nd Aug 11 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to hear paul that it all good now.

any clues what you got mate??

<<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0231299 seconds