corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer thread

New Poll
  <<  25    26    27    28    29    30    31  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer thread
Hammer

User status: Offline
6th Jul 12 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Why do we need Lloris?

We need a decent back up keeper for Chesney and Lloris isn't one. Ches won't sit on bench again either.

[Edited on 06-07-2012 by Ben J]

Mainly because he's a world class goalkeeper and the keeper you have just now isn't.
Jamie Walby

6th Jul 12 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He never will be unless we stick with him.

I like Szczesny.
Hammer

6th Jul 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a good goalkeeper, as are several other Polish keepers but Lloris is in the top 5 in the world easily.

Again if I were an Arsenal fan I would be applauding the fact he is going for genuine quality now rather than 15 year olds that might come good in 5 years time.
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
He never will be unless we stick with him.

I like Szczesny.

This.
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
He's a good goalkeeper, as are several other Polish keepers but Lloris is in the top 5 in the world easily.

Again if I were an Arsenal fan I would be applauding the fact he is going for genuine quality now rather than 15 year olds that might come good in 5 years time.

We always "go for" genuine quality. We've bid for allsorts of world class players. We never get them tho. We'll get outbid by Yids or someone for Lloris.
Hammer

6th Jul 12 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to the Daily Mail?

This time you are actually signing them rather than being linked, it is a vast improvement.
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we???
Hammer

6th Jul 12 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

27 year old German international with 100 caps and a 1 in 2 strike rate and the top scorer in the French league.

Yeah you are.

[Edited on 06-07-2012 by Hammer]
Robbo

6th Jul 12 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have to disagree mate, rather like Akinfeev, IMO there's a reaosn why he's been at an average club for so long without anyone being really interested. Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon if we brought him in as he and Chesney would be 2 greta options but realistically, we can't afford £12m on a back-up goalie - other priorities. As Walbinho says, Chesney will never be truly world class (lets rememebr hes 20 - IIRC) unless we back him. He had a long term unrevelaed shoulder injury at the end of last season, hence being a little unreliable but in general he's been fantatsic for us the last 18 months and can only get better. Viviano would be a much better option IMO with Emi Martinez as third choice (altho he's likely to go on loan this season)

quote:
We are
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
27 year old German international with 100 caps and a 1 in 2 strike rate and the top scorer in the French league.

Yeah you are.

[Edited on 06-07-2012 by Hammer]

Wasn't thinking about players already bought. Agreed tho with signing of LP10
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We deffo don't need a new No1. Chesney is the man and will be for many years. Unless City etc turn his head.
Hammer

6th Jul 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
I have to disagree mate, rather like Akinfeev, IMO there's a reaosn why he's been at an average club for so long without anyone being really interested. Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon if we brought him in as he and Chesney would be 2 greta options but realistically, we can't afford £12m on a back-up goalie - other priorities. As Walbinho says, Chesney will never be truly world class (lets rememebr hes 20 - IIRC) unless we back him. He had a long term unrevelaed shoulder injury at the end of last season, hence being a little unreliable but in general he's been fantatsic for us the last 18 months and can only get better. Viviano would be a much better option IMO with Emi Martinez as third choice (altho he's likely to go on loan this season)

Lloris would not be a backup goalkeeper. Also, Lyon are not an average club

Quick google suggests he's Spurs bound anyway which might explain why no Arsenal fan seems to want him
Hammer

6th Jul 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
We deffo don't need a new No1. Chesney is the man and will be for many years. Unless City etc turn his head.

You are on drugs.

Joe Hart is a million times better and when they do replace him they'll spend 100 million on whoever the best is at that particular point in time.
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not talking now. I'm talking in years to come. Chesney is only 21.

So he might be the one they replace Hart with.

Just talking hypothetically anyway. Hopefully he'll stay a Gooner.

[Edited on 06-07-2012 by Ben J]
Hammer

6th Jul 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's 22 but I'm not splitting hairs
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

21/22 whatevs.
Robbo

6th Jul 12 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Lloris would not be a backup goalkeeper. Also, Lyon are not an average club

Quick google suggests he's Spurs bound anyway which might explain why no Arsenal fan seems to want him
But he would, this is the point. We arent after a new no1, we are after a replacement for Mannone & Fabianski. Lyon have been going backwards for eyars... 7 straight titles IIRC and now not one in years... Bordeaux, Lille, Marseille, Montpellier and Auxerre (IIRC?) have all won the title since Lyon's time when they were getting into CL semis year after year
Tom

6th Jul 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But he would, this is the point. We arent after a new no1, we are after a replacement for Mannone & Fabianski. Lyon have been going backwards for eyars... 7 straight titles IIRC and now not one in years... Bordeaux, Lille, Marseille, Montpellier and Auxerre (IIRC?) have all won the title since Lyon's time when they were getting into CL semis year after year

What has any of that got to do with Lloris' ability in between the sticks If you went after him I'd bet it'd be as 1st choice. But I agree that you probably won't, Schezney (sp) is looking better and better, and will probably end up a really good keeper so your priorities must lie elsewhere.
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£12m for a keeper would be a waste of time. £12m can be spent much better elsewhere.
JonnyJ

6th Jul 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal definitely have bigger priorities than a keeper.
Nath

6th Jul 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem with Chesney is he isn't French enough for Wenger.
Ben J

6th Jul 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BREAKING NEWS: A fire has broken out in Robin van Persie's North London penthouse. Police suspect Arsene

I'll get my coat.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 12 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You hate RvP now don't you?
JonnyJ

6th Jul 12 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
You hate RvP now don't you?

Hes gone from "Arsenal hero who loves the club, best striker in the country" to "Was shit anyway, injury prone, one good season"
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 12 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't blame the guy for wanting to go to a team that will win something. Although he has went about it in a shity way.

<<  25    26    27    28    29    30    31  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer thread 23 database queries in 0.0209651 seconds