corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  278    279    280    281    282    283    284  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
11th Oct 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the complaints on gtplanet were always that the slipstream is too strong, so I can't imagine they would've added the feature and not let us tone it down. Although this is PD I suppose
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my fingers are crossed!

chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jamie, have you found any info on the slipstreaming yet?
Jamie-C

11th Oct 11 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much, but its 100% been toned down and GTP are praising it. Best thing to do will be to try it our selves. Has to be tested in a race though as there's no slipstream at all in free run.

quote:
Originally posted by GTP
Draft on weak is simply amazing. The guy behind you slowly gains on you, and I only noticed a 15kph difference (285 vs 300) at no chicane Monza. Overall the game feels simply amazing.

quote:
Originally posted by GTP
I had a few races with the goal of testing the draft. On weak setting it's great. You need to stay in the draft for quite some time to build up speed to pass. I think the difference on the back straight at Daytona Road was maybe 5 mph. A huge improvement.

[Edited on 11-10-2011 by Jamie-C]
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds promising so far, just finished work so will get on the dl when in home lol

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

62%.... nearly there
Danny W
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2% for me so far lol says 281 minutes left

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99% downloaded..

they need to sort their servers out, ffs its onlt 1.2Gb normally it takes me about 6-8 mins per Gb to download
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok im online if anyone wants a play?

first things ive noticed is the time it takes to navigate, taken me ages to download the new car and get onto an online lobby. probably because everyone is downloading the patch maybe.
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just disconnected from my own lobby... grrr gotta load it all up again!! loading seems to take forever now.
Jamie-C

11th Oct 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there will be a lot of traffic with everyone downloading the patch. I'm getting a bite to eat then I'll be on
Danny W
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

29% lol hopefully I'll make it online around 9 lol

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure what you think jamie but im not really that impressed..

at first i thought YEA!! but after playing around with it and trying the setups and trying to make the car do things i dont think its that much different from spec 1.

the slipstream being turned down is nice tho, deffinatly makes races a lot more fun.
Danny W
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just downloaded, going to nip on and have a mess about

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jamie-C

11th Oct 11 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to car delivery Kurt, its a small truck at the bottom left.
cunningham

12th Oct 11 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should get a scooby vrs evo event with pp limit of 550
Daveskater
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Count me in

It's only £9.50 if you buy the bundle pack Dave, has both new tracks, all them cars, paints and the new suits.

The update is 1.2GB big, so I recommend downloading it well in advance if you have a shit connection
I'm only really bothered about Spa and maybe the paint though, suits/helmets I've no interest in (are there actually people who get moist over it? I don't see what's so amazing personally) and I'm not too bothered about the cars at the moment. Not bothered enough to pay for them with my real money anyway. Especially not after having to spend half my monthly wage getting my real car fixed this month

Paint I can live without anyway so might even just get the tracks at the moment. Will have to download the update tonight

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
SportBoy

12th Oct 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

race on sunday night? deepthroat raceway? scooby vs evooo?
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just started the 60lap race at grand valley for one of the endurance races, i wanted to see how the new tyres felt and how the new wear rate worked.

started off with racing softs and managed to do a 1'53.4 best lap and they lasted 15 laps, changed to racing hards and the best lap i could get was a 1'55.3 and they only lasted 11 laps and even then i should of changed them at 10 laps..

ive saved it now at half way so i will try it again once i get a bit more consistant but so far it looks like the softs are more grippy and last longer.. .
Paul_J

12th Oct 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just gave spec 2 a quick go and I'm loving it.

Most people won't notice the difference, but I do. Car's feel more fun to drive now, I think it's simulating weight transfer a bit better, I find lift off / mid corner braking is now a lot more punishing - which is good

Stangely in my 458 italia I was able to still blast round almost as easily as before, but in my tuned nsx R the car was constantly tying to swap ends... which was good fun

All the other little tweaks are nice too.

Looking forward to spa!

[Edited on 12-10-2011 by Paul_J]
Daveskater
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a bit of a go and noticed a difference in how the Sports tyres acted, too tired to evaluate much further than that

Also, I managed this somehow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQiyprKkcYs

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fancy a couple of races friday?
Paul_J

12th Oct 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want a race in a min chris? I'm slightly drunk so probably won't be able to drive properly though
cunningham

12th Oct 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could come on for a few races friday depends on numbers and what cars. Im not that into supercars more hot hatches with pp and tyre limit
Jamie-C

12th Oct 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm game for Friday

<<  278    279    280    281    282    283    284  >>

New Poll