corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Sep 12 at 06:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this thing as good as a galaxy s3 yet?
pow
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 07:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Epic fail on the dock connector, should use micro USB like the rest of the world.

Wish there was a decent phone out these days, might even have a dabble in a BlackBerry next time.
Wrighty

13th Sep 12 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, haters gonna hate but i dont GAF. Its an improvement hardware and software wise and it looks great, apple hardware is 2nd to none. Dont care how much they are its a brilliant phone, mine 4 hasnt let me down in 2 years so im deffo going to buy one and cant wait to use the new features
John

13th Sep 12 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What new features?
Rob_Quads

13th Sep 12 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are those that are really dissapointed expecting?

I think your very much expecting something that Apple has never done. Since the first phone they have not produced an amazing phone. Each one has been a good progression on the last with some nice key features i.e. much better camera, much better screen etc.

Its the same as all other phones. Between the S1 to S2 or S2 to S3 there are a couple key upgrades and a number of small ones. Nothing earth shattering.

Apple has never been all about the hardware specs. Its about the experience and the iOS is the other major player in this which has also progressed each year.
James

13th Sep 12 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell, just seen Apple EarPods, holy shit, headphones that go inside your ear?

*Buys Apple shares*

John

13th Sep 12 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iOS is completely stagnating with the exception of getting some features that it should have had from the beginning.
Rob_Quads

13th Sep 12 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John - What do you want iOS to do to not be stagnating? Whats it not doing that i.e. Android is doing?
Whittie

13th Sep 12 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not impressed overall.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

02 won't send out nano sims got to collect from store on 21st!

Wait at home for shiny new iPhone, drive 30mile to 02 shop to get nano sim, wait upto 24hrs for sim swap to be carried out on 02's busiest day!

Sounds like a fun day! Wankers, was going to do sim swap prior to 21st so was ready to fire in!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
adiohead

13th Sep 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butthurt weirdos. Just buy your cheap HTCs, Samsungs and Nokias and leave the iPhones for us hipsters
John

13th Sep 12 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
John - What do you want iOS to do to not be stagnating? Whats it not doing that i.e. Android is doing?

I like the way android/google (I know this doesn't always actually make it to phones straight away) can put new things in quick. Apple are moving more and more towards the microsoft massive corporate too big to turn around outlook.
Bart

13th Sep 12 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
iOS is completely stagnating with the exception of getting some features that it should have had from the beginning.

quote:

1.FaceTime over 3G and 4G – Make FaceTime calls over cellular connections.
2.Facebook Integration – Share photos to Facebook from Photos app and Like Apps.
3.Maps- New maps with traffic and 3D flyover mode.
4.Calls – Slide to answer a call or slide up to reply with a message & remind you to call back later.
5.Passbook – Your digital wallet for loyalty cards, Amtrak, United, hotel reservations and more.
6.Lost Mode – Send a phone number to whoever found your lost iPhone to get a call.
7.Turn by Turn Directions – Voiceguided turn by turn directions with GPS on the iPhone 4S.
8.Open Apps with Siri – Siri can now open apps with your voice.
9.VIP Inbox – Tell Mail who your important contacts are so you never miss an email.
10.Siri - Check sports scores, movie times and make restaurant reservations.
11.Instant Sharing to Facebook and Twitter – Notification Center lets you share direct to Facebook and Twitter.
12.Better Sharing Menu – When Sharing, you’ll see a new icon driven sharing menu.
13.Autocorrection for Every Keyboard – Support for autocorrect while using external Bluetooth keyboards.
14.Location Based Reminders for iPad – The iPad will no support reminders based on location, may be limited to cellular models.
15.Manual Location Entry for Reminders – No longer need GPS to set a location reminder, type in an address.
16.VoiceOver Improvements – Better accessibility features from VoiceOver for visually impaired users.
17.Personal Dictionary in the Cloud – sync personalized spellings and autocorrections of names across iPhone and iPad.
18.Do Not Disturb - Set the iPhone to prevent calls and notifications from waking you at night, but still allow special callers.
19.Per Account Signatures in Mail – One signature for work email, one for personal.
20.Game Center Challenges – Brag about your high score and issue challenges to friends.
21.Game Center Friends from Facebook – Pull your Facebook friends into games.
22.Manual Reorder of Reminders – Change the order of reminders to match your priorities.
23.Improved Privacy Controls – More granular control over your personal data. Turn location control off by app.
24.Custom Vibrations for Alerts – Already available in iOS 5, expect new features.
25.Features for China – Baidu, Sina Weibo, Tudou, Youku, Better text input, dictionary
26.Video stabilization : Stabilizes iPhone and iPad video, which are often shaky.
27.Shared Photostreams- Make and share albums in PhotoStream. Easily share the right photos with specific friends and family members in near real-time. Also includes comments and notifications.
28.App in Safari Search Results – See app store search results in the Safari search results.
29.Full Screen Landscape Support in Safari – See more of the web while browsing in landscape on the iPhone.
30.Faster Safari Javascript – Improved Safari performance while browsing.
31.HDR Improvements – Better performance and results for HDR photo taking.
32.Made for iPhone Hearing Aids – Apple certified hearing aids that will work specifically with the iPhone and iPad.
33.Improved Accessibility Controls – Lock settings and lock the home button to keep kids out of settings they don’t need to touch.
34.French, German and Spanish Dictionaries – Multiple language dictionaries now in iOS 6.
35.Alarm with Song – Wake up with your favorite music in iOS 6.
36.Redesigned Stores – Better looking mobile stores with Coverflow.
37.In App Bluetooth Pairing – No longer need to leave the app to set up your Bluetooth headphones
38.Eyes Free – A new Siri button for Siri in-car integration with upcoming support for BMW, GM, Mercedes, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, Chrysler and Honda
39.Location Based Alerts for Find My Friends- Get an alert when kids leave school and more.
Safari Browser Syncing - Continue browsing sessions on the iPad after starting in your computer or the iPhone.

I know you'll argue Android have been doing this for ages and alot of these features are hardly mind bloding yada yada yada, but its hardly stagnating
Whittie

13th Sep 12 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

Wait at home for shiny new iPhone, drive 30mile to 02 shop to get nano sim, wait upto 24hrs for sim swap to be carried out on 02's busiest day!

Sounds like a fun day! Wankers, was going to do sim swap prior to 21st so was ready to fire in!

Just cut your sim down, sorted.
John

13th Sep 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:

quote:

A load of features that everyone else has done for ages.

I know you'll argue Android have been doing this for ages and alot of these features are hardly mind bloding yada yada yada, but its hardly stagnating

Obviously I'll argue that since that's exactly what I've said in my post you've quoted.

I was buying an iPhone btw, got the envelope coming from mfym for my 4S, i'm not spending £230 quid to have the same phone with a very slightly bigger screen though.
John

13th Sep 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:

You know it's not just a cut down one don't you?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nano-SIM challenges
While the nano-SIM might be smaller, there is a downside to it. Unlike the micro-SIM cards, which could be made by simply cutting the normal SIM cards, nano-SIM cards cannot be made this way, as nano-SIM is also 15pc thinner than micro-SIM. So, even if normal/micro-SIM can be cut to the nano-SIM size, there is no way to reduce the thickness.
Bart

13th Sep 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was buying an iPhone btw, got the envelope coming from mfym for my 4S, i'm not spending £230 quid to have the same phone with a very slightly bigger screen though.

Keeping the 4S or getting something else? Im in the same boat.
Im not that dissapointed though tbh.
Whittie

13th Sep 12 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:

You know it's not just a cut down one don't you?

Obviously not. Missed the presentation last night.
John

13th Sep 12 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't in the presentation.
Whittie

13th Sep 12 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't give a shit how much smaller the sim is either way John
ed

13th Sep 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could - GiffGaff have only just started doing micro-sims, how long will it take them to do these new ones?
Rob_Quads

13th Sep 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im interestied to see what EE are going to do tarrif wise for the new 4G service.

Will probably put my Vodafone contract down now I am out of contract.
James

13th Sep 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon EE will charge a fortune for 4G. They have the monopoly at the moment.

Do we know if the UK 4G is any good? I read that 4G is supposed to give better connection quality than 3G, for example, on a train 3G is pretty much useless as it just drops out all the time. Will 4G improve this?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's going to be fiddly as fuck cutting a micro to a nano sim.

If you've cut a standard sim to a micro you'll probably struggle too, as contact size is also smaller.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll