corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
16th Mar 14 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noooooo. That means button is 3rd
fred7

16th Mar 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame for him but yay but mags and button!
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sucks. I don't mind that RBR have been penalised, but I feel for Ricciardo, I like him.

MX5 Project Thread
JonnyJ

16th Mar 14 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Noooooo. That means button is 3rd

Let them have it, they're winning the square root of fuck all again this year so no biggie
JonnyJ

16th Mar 14 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red Bull appealing also.
Ben G

16th Mar 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Really don't understand the hate towards Hamilton on here. Gutted for him he's had to retire.

Couldn't be happier, especially after wank fest of pole yesterday! Rosberg has this in bag if no issues!

You're just as much of a sheep as the rest of the haters.

You should create your own hamilton bandwagon of hate thread where you and whitter (englishmen) can go and talk as much rubbish as you want, rather than clog up this one with your bollocks.

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by Ben G]
JonnyJ

16th Mar 14 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only jealousy Ben, as Ferrari have failed AGAIN. Another year of average qualifying and average races with nothing to celebrate. Bad times.

RB Statement

Ben G

16th Mar 14 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did I hear correctly when someone said these turbo engines are running 3.5 bar of boost? That's pretty insane and i'm not surprised there are reliability issues.
Tiger

16th Mar 14 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 80's cosworth 1.5 engines used to run 5+ bar.
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Tyres seem to be much better this year, in terms of degrading aswell as when punctured. The whole carcass came off bottas' car as a whole, rather than bits flapping around all over the place. Good to see.

TBF Bottas cracked about an inch off the wheel rim itself off, so the tyre just "fell off". It wasn't a puncture as such.

WRC cars have been running 3bar+ for years I believe, I really didn't expect the actual v6 petrol motor to be a reliability concern this year - more the batteries and electric motors, but both Hamilton and Vettel suffered today from an actual engine problem as far as we know.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Tiger

16th Mar 14 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we've been treated in recent years to good reliability as the engines were tried, tested and developed. This year its all totally fresh and new and high profile failures will be as prevelent at the front of the grid as at the back.
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:

Tyres seem to be much better this year, in terms of degrading aswell as when punctured. The whole carcass came off bottas' car as a whole, rather than bits flapping around all over the place. Good to see.

TBF Bottas cracked about an inch off the wheel rim itself off, so the tyre just "fell off". It wasn't a puncture as such.

WRC cars have been running 3bar+ for years I believe, I really didn't expect the actual v6 petrol motor to be a reliability concern this year - more the batteries and electric motors, but both Hamilton and Vettel suffered today from an actual engine problem as far as we know.

The chunk coming off Bottas's wheel happened later in the race than the puncture at turn 10.

MX5 Project Thread
fred7

16th Mar 14 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
I think we've been treated in recent years to good reliability as the engines were tried, tested and developed. This year its all totally fresh and new and high profile failures will be as prevelent at the front of the grid as at the back.

It makes for better racing though dont it.
Tiger

16th Mar 14 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its good to have a shake up every now and then, im excited for this season.
whitter45

16th Mar 14 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:
Really don't understand the hate towards Hamilton on here. Gutted for him he's had to retire.

Couldn't be happier, especially after wank fest of pole yesterday! Rosberg has this in bag if no issues!

You're just as much of a sheep as the rest of the haters.

You should create your own hamilton bandwagon of hate thread where you and whitter (englishmen) can go and talk as much rubbish as you want, rather than clog up this one with your bollocks.

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by Ben G]

Thanks Ben just my opinion like the others who like Hamilton everyone has their opinion and the drivers/teams who they love and hate

Gutted for DR on his home grand prix

Dave

16th Mar 14 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Everything happens for a reason spamilton.

Have you actually seen/read that full interview yet?

Of course he hasn't. He just a weirdo. Spamilton? What is that even meant to mean?

Good question, it was Spamilbleton earlier. Should probably cut the guy some slack though, he has difficulty remembering what country he is in at times.
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

The chunk coming off Bottas's wheel happened later in the race than the puncture at turn 10.

You mean later in the lap? I think it's still safe to say that the structure of the rim was compromised when he hit the wall, which just popped the (intact) tyre off the wheel. Not that it matters

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
p

16th Mar 14 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars sound so bad
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You mean later in the lap? I think it's still safe to say that the structure of the rim was compromised when he hit the wall, which just popped the (intact) tyre off the wheel. Not that it matters

Ahh we're talking about different things. I know the bit of wheel you're on about now.

I was referring to the chunk of carbon fibre we saw get knocked off one of the wheels by a mechanic during a pit stop later in the race. I think that was Bottas? I may be wrong.

MX5 Project Thread
fred7

16th Mar 14 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was rosberg wasn't it?
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye 'twas Rosberg who lost a bit of his brake shroud.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

16th Mar 14 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Cars sound so bad

Incorrect.

Engines produce less decibels, but tyre squeal, turbo chatter, the car bottoming out and the crowd noise makes for far better viewing on telly.

I would like a bit more noise as they go up the revs, but it's not essential.
Ben G

16th Mar 14 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the hulkenburg tyre squeal was my cat going mental btw
JonnyJ

16th Mar 14 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Aye 'twas Rosberg who lost a bit of his brake shroud.

If that was Lewis it would've pinged off and into his right front and caused a puncture just as he got out the pits

The boy needs some luck!
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was crazy, I thought Jonathan Legard had snuck back into the commentary box.

I was watching some onboard from quali with throttle/brake and RPM readouts. The cars were only doing 11000rpm (and they're limited to 15k).

I'm still not exactly sure why they're not using all the range - obviously fuel saving comes into it during the race, and qualifying was wet so perhaps they are torque/grip limited... but normally with turbocharged cars the torque is higher at the lower RPM band.... though with these things fuck knows

Edit: Reason I'm wittering on about RPM is that the engines may be louder if/when they start using more of the range.

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0266111 seconds