corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Video M5 Vs. RS4

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Video M5 Vs. RS4
Kris TD

User status: Offline
19th Aug 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check this out then, rs6 plus:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_rs6_plus.asp
Mad Moe

19th Aug 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apprently the the new RS4 will run a twin turbo version of the 4.2 V8 unit but it isn't expected until summer 2005
StuartVRS

19th Aug 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
yeah ok, maybe your right, dunno bout the new one though or even if they have realeased one.
new s4 is defo a v8

[Edited on 19-08-2004 by Kris TD]

afaik they are no longer making RS4's, they were 2.7 twin turbo, the RS6 is a 4.2 V8 twin turbo, new S4 is an RS6 engine without the turbos
Kris TD

19th Aug 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rs6 uses a slightly more powerful s8 engine,
DAYZEE

19th Aug 04 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no way thats an M5, it a 540 probably. An M5 is quicker than an RS4, 0-100 in 10.6s compared to 11.2s for the RS4. Not a lot faster but it clearly shows the M5 is an easy match for one, and the gap the RS4 pulls wouldn't happen against an M5.
Still, they were both dicks.
Scrappy Doo
Banned

19th Aug 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The driving of both cars was highly dangerous and the fact that they filmed it is even more worrying. People like this dont deserve to have such powerfull cars if they cant be responsible with the power.
corsa5dr

19th Aug 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post from the apparent owner of the M5 off the VX220 forum....

Hey guys...

Before I begin a story, I would like to thank Beckhammania23 for hosting this Video...

So, I am on my way to work from a BMW dealer, where I picked up my Shaft CAM Sensor...Coming to a Land Rover dealer to see if they've got brochues of a NEW Discovery...I want to buy it for winter...No brochures yet...

Coming out of the dealer and what I see 2 RS4's with 760i behind with government plates...taking left to Moscow Ring road...I've seen those RS4's before and I know they are modded...I jump in the car and in 2 min I catch up with them...Blue RS4 in front, Silver follows him and 760i at the back...

Over take him and the BLUE RS4 spots me, black smoke from exhausts and the chase begins...He follows me but gets lost in a traffic, I wait for him and he catches up and them I follow him and take a video...

http://members.home.nl/nica23/P1010001.MOV

Well, the RS4 was MTM tuned...when I spoke to the guy later...he probably does not know about his car anything...

He said " I've got a MTM 600HP" (I not sure if there is an MTM 600HP RS4) ...and a Ceramic Clutch"... I've asked him later what was his times and he said "I dont know" but was told that 0-100km (0-62) in 3.8sec's... That is ONE FAAAST MFKing Avant ...especially if stock RS4 from a start can kill our BEAST's...When the gap increased big time... I was in my 6th gear..So dont think that it was that fast...let him joy....was not not really pushing then I catched up with him and ....

Left the ring road, he went same way, opened my window and spoke to a guy a bit...then 2nd gear launch...he destroyed me ...Then from the lights he...mislaunched or something and punished him...and we went opposite ways...

Stopped to watch a video an WTFK..."Today an RS4 Day or Something" another 3rd Silver RS4 one passes by... ... almost same way I need to go...Followed him but the guy was just driving in one lane, the car was so dirty and when I blowed his door he did't follow me, the taking a turn and Oh my god, again another RS4 went taiking a turn opposite direction...

It was a nice experience...but I dont like Avants...

Und sein Kommentar dazu:

Guy's thanks for your comments...Yes I need to be more carefull

I have to admit...Sometimes when I race someone I have to go like that... Driver's who have FAST cars in Russia 90% of then will give a good race...This was not the most scariest drives I've had...The race with M3 I had before was even more wild... ...I was sweating...

It looks much closer from a camera angle...In real life it was not that close, or well sometimes very close...you have to feel the beast...

What can I do I like to race...I like adrenaline...and I M5 POWER...I am 100% enjoying my car...You have to feel you car and a traffic...Lots depends how crazy you are and on your skills...I am not saying that I can drive...I am sure there better driver then me on this board but I am not Crazy...I just like to go FAAAST...and I like Competition..I lik,e to explore M5 limits...Races like this do not happend often and when they do I'll take my chances...
vibrio
Banned

19th Aug 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
yeah ok, maybe your right, dunno bout the new one though or even if they have realeased one.
new s4 is defo a v8

[Edited on 19-08-2004 by Kris TD]

afaik they are no longer making RS4's, they were 2.7 twin turbo, the RS6 is a 4.2 V8 twin turbo, new S4 is an RS6 engine without the turbos

other way around. RS6 is the S4 engine with turbos
Ditch

20th Aug 04 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE
There is no way thats an M5, it a 540 probably. An M5 is quicker than an RS4, 0-100 in 10.6s compared to 11.2s for the RS4. Not a lot faster but it clearly shows the M5 is an easy match for one, and the gap the RS4 pulls wouldn't happen against an M5.
Still, they were both dicks.

RS4 is quicker than an M5 over the SqM
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 04 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus if its running 600 bhp it'd eat it
SetH

20th Aug 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He`ll take his chances? fcuking pr1ck, gambling with everyone elses lives whilst he does it.
Jules S
Premium Member

20th Aug 04 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I just say that Sicey from the vx220 forum is NOT the driver of either of those vehicles

he cut/pasted it from www.m5board.com

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Video M5 Vs. RS4 22 database queries in 0.0138731 seconds