corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Knowing when to stop.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Knowing when to stop.......
timrud_

User status: Offline
5th Oct 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If car was ever to go on cossie management, the end aim would be a custom manifold and downpipe, GT28 turbo, Pectel L8 and Greens or possibly Greys depending on how the fueling was going!

Thats a bit of a way off for me though at the moment!

Unless that is somebody wanted to take the whole lot.... Turbo, manifold, downpipe and management off me! (double hint hint LOL)
GY52

5th Oct 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a tough one - doing a scooby in a staright line in a LET corsa has to be awesome until you hit a roundabout and the scoob goes round like its on rails and the LET's front wheels are still trying to grip. In an ideal world you would have both agreed - i think i would rather have something different to everyone else - and everyones seen a scooby aint they?!!!!
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wht kind of bhp would u get with cossie management and the other stuff u mentioned???
SteveW

5th Oct 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jambo - i think the EDS Phase 2 has just two settings mate.. one it for 10psi and the second is for 15psi (i think, but then hey i know fuk all about engines )
Jambo

5th Oct 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like to add that everyone who bangs on about corsas not being able to handle the power etc etc, ive been out in mykes XE and steves LET, granted its not as refined as an M3 not that i was expecting it to be, but its hardly as bad as people say.

Im all impatient now i want it now knowing my luck itl be finioshed the day we have black ice everyday for 3 months
J da Silva

5th Oct 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo a lot of people who comment on the corsa LET's know shit all. FACT!
Jambo

5th Oct 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have noticed this, i thought steve was gunna kill me and wed be just scrabbling for power etc etc. But err, didnt even really feel much of a loss of traction like AT ALL!!
timrud_

5th Oct 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Purple: Depends on the internals of my engine mate.

GT28 is a cracking turbo, I've seen the manifold and downpipe, they look good (though I've not seen them road tested). Mapping of Pectels is very advanced, I'm sure on Greys (if I went that big) holding 25-28psi you could see 400?

Would deffo be wanting a good head on the car, steel rods, low comp pistons etc...

Whilst having 400bhp would be fantastic. I bet it wouldn;t get to 100 any faster than mine now! But after 100 (or getting it into 4th gear) it would be unbelievable!
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen as how people do bang on about the handling etc... got no experience of 1 so cnt comment..... just out of intrigued how difficult / costly would it be to fit a 4x4 setup - i.e rally setup???
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Purple: Depends on the internals of my engine mate.

GT28 is a cracking turbo, I've seen the manifold and downpipe, they look good (though I've not seen them road tested). Mapping of Pectels is very advanced, I'm sure on Greys (if I went that big) holding 25-28psi you could see 400?

Would deffo be wanting a good head on the car, steel rods, low comp pistons etc...

Whilst having 400bhp would be fantastic. I bet it wouldn;t get to 100 any faster than mine now! But after 100 (or getting it into 4th gear) it would be unbelievable!

wht top speed would it max at?? around 150 / 160mph or are we talking quite abit more????
SteveW

5th Oct 04 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but in first and second it spins like a mutha IF i really nail it and let the turbo spool up to max
Jambo

5th Oct 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
yeah but in first and second it spins like a mutha IF i really nail it and let the turbo spool up to max

I think we need to go for a little drive again sweetie
ed

yyep, 1.2 8v power
timrud_

Purple, I've not got a speedo in the car, and my rev counter stops at 7k, but its done more than 7k in sixth.....

If anybody has the vauxhall speed calculator on their PC, my tyre size is 195/45/16 to get my speed!

Once it gets to about 6500 in 6th gear it does take a while to climb. Was done racing a VERY surprised motorbike

....... on a private road ROFL

Spins in 4th a tiny bit in the dry, in the wet lights sixth up..... eeeek!

[Edited on 05-10-2004 by timrud_]
GY52

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Id like to add that everyone who bangs on about corsas not being able to handle the power etc etc, ive been out in mykes XE and steves LET, granted its not as refined as an M3 not that i was expecting it to be, but its hardly as bad as people say.

Im all impatient now i want it now knowing my luck itl be finioshed the day we have black ice everyday for 3 months

Not trying to say corsa handlings sh*t mate cos its far from it, just from experience having been out in a 2.0l corsa (non LET) and an import WRX running 310bhp the scoob out handled it. As i say though how many people think that a corsa can kill their standard WRX or evo
ed

5th Oct 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you floor Steve's car smoke comes outa the air vents... Hmmmm... Haven't seen much smoke coming outa the tyres though, apart from when I drove it once
J da Silva

5th Oct 04 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5
Seen as how people do bang on about the handling etc... got no experience of 1 so cnt comment..... just out of intrigued how difficult / costly would it be to fit a 4x4 setup - i.e rally setup???

Depends how good you are with a welder and knowledge, piece of piss to some folk, but the worst job in the world to another bloke.
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Purple, I've not got a speedo in the car, and my rev counter stops at 7k, but its done more than 7k in sixth.....

If anybody has the vauxhall speed calculator on their PC, my tyre size is 195/45/16 to get my speed!

Once it gets to about 6500 in 6th gear it does take a while to climb. Was done racing a VERY surprised motorbike

....... on a private road ROFL

Spins in 4th a tiny bit in the dry, in the wet lights sixth up..... eeeek!

[Edited on 05-10-2004 by timrud_]

crazy but
timrud_

5th Oct 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been told by them guys that got the 13.1 sec corsa that look standard that 4x4ing my car would be piece of piss!
ed

5th Oct 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by purple5

Depends how good you are with a welder and knowledge, piece of piss to some folk, but the worst job in the world to another bloke.

The most difficult part is getting the front end to be in line with the back end and maintain the correct wheelbase. The rest is er... difficult, but not impossible...
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it massive cost tho VT? and would it improve the handling if it needed improving to justify the outlay? basically am saying would it be worth it if someone wanted to do it???
ed

5th Oct 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you were to pay somone to do it you would realistically be looking at £20k - no joke. 4wd Corsa's are the kind of thing you should look into doing yourself... Cos I would say that a £20k Corsa is a little silly?
J da Silva

5th Oct 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Edlington says DIY or fuck off
MarkW

5th Oct 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
Like Edlington says DIY or fuck off

ed

5th Oct 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Knowing when to stop....... 22 database queries in 0.0146110 seconds