corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got the £400.00 exhaust - PICS!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got the £400.00 exhaust - PICS!
TOMAS

User status: Offline
11th Mar 05 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eh, no its not welded straight pieces LOL. Pics are bad sorry. Will try and get better. Blimey I wouldnt let them weld lots of straight pieces together LOL
vibrio
Banned

11th Mar 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for £400 it's well over priced even if it is "hand-made" 2 small boxes and a back box coupled with some metal pipe is not that much to buy
Fad

11th Mar 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Eh, no its not welded straight pieces LOL. Pics are bad sorry. Will try and get better. Blimey I wouldnt let them weld lots of straight pieces together LOL

No i meant as in the whole system is one pieace with just bends and just welds ate the boxes. Just like on mongooses they dont have any welds as they are fully madrel bent for better flow etc
mentalcorsa

11th Mar 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good tom least you can live with the sound now
myke

11th Mar 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good TOMAS.
i think probably the pipe was heated up where it was to be bent to make tit more malleable; and this caused discolouration which is being confused fo welds ?

i like it, although, if it's still too loud, then get them to replace one of the boxes fo a larger one.
TOMAS

11th Mar 05 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup they heated the pipe before bending, its got the rainbow heat stipes. Anyhow guys i'll let you know if it falls appart.

Another job sorted, now to get new HT leads and give the engine a seeing too. GOT to stop the oil leaks...
Fad

11th Mar 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Another job sorted, now to get new HT leads and give the engine a seeing too. GOT to stop the oil leaks...

This will never happe trust me on this
and-m

11th Mar 05 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some proper BERU leads, dont bother with carp!
TOMAS

11th Mar 05 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL, well I want to try it on 5w 40 or 0w 40 oil to help the sticky lifters but its leaking quite a bit on 15W 40 so I can imagine how much im gonna loose with thinner oil!! Also 0w 40 aint cheap at about 1pint every 500 miles!
Fad

11th Mar 05 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
LOL, well I want to try it on 5w 40 or 0w 40 oil to help the sticky lifters but its leaking quite a bit on 15W 40 so I can imagine how much im gonna loose with thinner oil!! Also 0w 40 aint cheap at about 1pint every 500 miles!

wouldnt bother with the fully sythetic stuff its well too thin, it'll make it more tappy than before and wont protect the engine specially when warm. stick to 10/40 or if its getting a bit old and long in the tooth 15/40.
calidus

11th Mar 05 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its a handsome looking system...any pics of the manifold? i really like the style of the backbox and the tailpipe design, v simplistic yet they seem to be bang up to date with high performance cars with factory systems if u get me??? no??? aaah ok...i will get me coat
MatG

12th Mar 05 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£400 is very cheap if you have got a hand made system (mandrel bent not welded), if you went to BTB it would have cost around £1500+vat

Powerflow charge £400 for a lot of systems as well so I think you got a good deal.
broster
Premium Member

12th Mar 05 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going to mention that, if you think £400 is a lot go ask for a price at hayward and scott!!
Joff

12th Mar 05 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fad - he said it WAS mandrel bent
Ally

12th Mar 05 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got nothing else to spend your money on then cool.
TOMAS

12th Mar 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ The joys of the single life & im still living at home
TNM

12th Mar 05 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good tommy.

Old one didnt sound to bad just rasped every so often. Will have to listen to it.
vibrio
Banned

12th Mar 05 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

0w40 will be too thin. 5w40 would be good to use however if it is leaking oil with 15-40 I suspect you have a problem and 15w40 is also mostlike too think to use for the current temps we have int his country
vibrio
Banned

12th Mar 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
£400 is very cheap if you have got a hand made system (mandrel bent not welded), if you went to BTB it would have cost around £1500+vat

Powerflow charge £400 for a lot of systems as well so I think you got a good deal.

BTB are over priced as are hayward and scott
3CorsaMeal

14th Mar 05 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid £300 for a mongoose system which is also made by hand to order, and then just sent out, although its excellent quality i would of liked the angle of tailpipes slightly different

i think an extra £100 to have it made on car and getting it just right is worth while

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got the £400.00 exhaust - PICS! 22 database queries in 0.0172548 seconds