corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had an accident :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just had an accident :(
Kerry

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 05 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to put a time scale on things

its 2 weeks now since my accident

it took them a week to assess the car and say its a write off, which at that point they would say for yours to be repaired

its taken another week for them to deciede on a value ect but thats irrelevant to your claim

if i was you i would kick off that its not ure fault and u are without a car and if they dont give u one then u will claim loss of earnings instead. if u dont get anywhere then seek legal advice with a solicitor
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^Yeah keep any reciepts for bus/taxi fares or car rental - you can claim all that back off his insurance
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
- but did you have courtesy car on your insurance policy? and what coverage were you tpft / f/c?

I know it may take a while bit gutted about that.

I was FC but it didnt say anything about car hire on mine - it was through his insurance his company (budget I think it was!!) contacted me and sorted it out!!
myke

23rd Mar 05 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky paul.
guess it's easier that he stopped. and came back.
nickyboy01

23rd Mar 05 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Will the fact I'm tpft make it less likely that my insurance will bother to get this guy to pay? I've not got anything about curtousy car in my insurance statement, though it does say I'm covered for social, domestic and pleasure and communting to and from a place of perminant work.

Got naff all to do with it, if it wasnt your fault then it doesnt matter if you're insured just third party or fully comp. The insurer will prolly have an approved repair centre on their system for your area.

Doubtful if you will have anything in your policy about a courtesy car, you'll need to find out if the other insurer will pay for one. You can only usually have one for a set period like 14 days. Try a company called Helphire who provide cars in the event of a non fault accident.

Also aont nessacerily affect your NCD, mines gone up very slightly every year due to the general increases in claimis and i havent had an accident/claim in 11 years.
Andrew

23rd Mar 05 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear this dude.

My new Paxo shakes when you get past 80, not gonna be doing that too often Engine also sounds like it's gonna go bank at any point too The joys of Paxos Got 8k now towards a house though of the Focus
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been told by someone - that if I know who his insurer is, Just ring his insurer up and tell them someone who is insured by them caused the accident etc... Rather than going through my insurance at all! this would make me more likely to get a courtesy car and less likely to go down on record with my company as a claim etc.
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot Nut
Sorry to hear this dude.

My new Paxo shakes when you get past 80, not gonna be doing that too often Engine also sounds like it's gonna go bank at any point too The joys of Paxos Got 8k now towards a house though of the Focus

Oh shut up please
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've been told by someone - that if I know who his insurer is, Just ring his insurer up and tell them someone who is insured by them caused the accident etc... Rather than going through my insurance at all! this would make me more likely to get a courtesy car and less likely to go down on record with my company as a claim etc.

Yes phone his Ins company, tell them he ran you off the road & you have 4 witnesses to this &b ask them what they are going to do about it!!
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So don't bother with mine? or should I ring mine - ask for advice and then do that
nickyboy01

23rd Mar 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will still have to inform your company whether you claim on your policy or not, both my brothers had to when they had minor accidents which they repaired them selves, didnt affect the policies tho.
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm ok
Colin

23rd Mar 05 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you cant claim on your policy anyway as you are 3rd party only cover - id call the blokes company 1st - see what they say!!
PainZ

23rd Mar 05 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul,

Some learner driver drove into my mums car and we claimed off their insurance,

We contact tescos (their insurance) who delt with the whole thing, of course we let our insurance company know what had happened and they said that now we had contacted the other partys insurance our selves it was out of their hand.

Once the car was repaired we was not happy with the job. Tescos refused to anything about the repair work and our insurance company said they couldnt do anything because we had talked to tescos direct.

My advise would be to tell you insurance company what happened, and all the other drivers details and let them do the work. This is what you pay them for after all.

This way if your not happy you got somone to come back on.... Leave his insurance company alone imo
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So how do I go about doing this? (I'm clueless)...

I ring my insurance and say what? - should I tell the guy who caused it that I'm gonna go through insurance as I've been advised (coz I told him that I'd prefere to go private).

When speaking to insurance what do I say? 'hello, yes I've had an accident that wasn't my fault and I have witnesses and the other drive admits blame?'

Then what happens? Etc?

Also about the police thing - I don't want to report it to police if possible, as I don't like them and it may sting me in the future. But if I did report it - how do I go about doing that?

Ring 999 and go 'I had an accident today... just letting you know'

will I deffo get a curtousy car even though I'm only tpft and don't have it on my policy?

Paul J

pmsl

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok... but It looks like doing it that way I'm less likely to end up with a courtesy car as I'm tpft and my insurer probably won't put much effort in to get it sorted?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tesco's are Annoying. My Dad hit a Deer in his Mondeo ages ago, Mullering the front bumper and wrecking the steering. It only went into repair on the 21st. Which i think is appalling personally.

Hope it all goes well Paul.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 05 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you've gotta remember is, its the other company that pays for everything, they provide the courtesy car and they get everything sorted, your the victim remember

Corsa C Z20Let

Paul_J

23rd Mar 05 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
what you've gotta remember is, its the other company that pays for everything, they provide the courtesy car and they get everything sorted, your the victim remember

yes I know this, it's my point - about who I should contact...

If i rang the other guys insurance company I could really push for a hire car. I think when I ring up flux, I might just ask for advice - whether to go alone against his company or through them?

He's admitted its his fault, I have witnesses - So it shouldn't be a problem whatever happens.
Mistamist

23rd Mar 05 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said paul, ring his insurance, tell them that you car isnt driving the same and needs to go int the garage, and that you have to get to from work, they will contact your nearest car rental place (enterprise etc) and then the rental company will contact you to pic up the car.

thats how it worked with me, my uno was drivable but i told them that i wouldt be prepared to drive a car that is damaged as i do a lot of motorway milage.

dont ask them, TELL THEM!
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

24th Mar 05 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beans

Corsa C Z20Let

Colin

24th Mar 05 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cannot claim against your own company though - id forget it.....try dealing with his IMO!
scott d

24th Mar 05 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd offer advice but would be repeating whats already been said. Good luck with getting it all sorted soonly tho
scott d

24th Mar 05 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot Nut
Sorry to hear this dude.

You crack me up mate!
dna23

24th Mar 05 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as everyone else has said it seems really clear cut so it shud be a case of not affecting ures in anyway but u may have to state u have had an accident in the last 5 yrs, then they'll probably wanna know the details .etc

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had an accident :( 23 database queries in 0.0800910 seconds