corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone drove into my car :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Someone drove into my car :(
Jambo

User status: Offline
26th Oct 05 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insurance is informed claim is started to process and the legal people are involved due to liability dispute.

She said i didnt look at what im ot quite sure, i only saw he last second indication in my passenger window the millisecond before she swiped my car!

She said shes going to get a quote to asses the damage and that she had the intention of making a claim against me, so i have allready made a claim against her.

Teddy

26th Oct 05 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect excuse to buy the cav then
Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to add, if i had braked seeing her indicator, we would have both had to very written off messy cars
Ally

26th Oct 05 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo, go straight to a solicitor and get your side of the story drawn up into a statement

I cant understand why she wont just get a quote, you get a quote see how much each one is then if its not too bad just pay for your own repair, and she pays for her

Sounds like shes a tight arse who wont pay, knows its her fault but has decided to try and get you to pay it anyway
SJW
Banned

26th Oct 05 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha what bullshit, she crossed into your lane therefore it was her that wasnt looking, fking muppet, since when do u have right of way over a car already in another lane?

[Edited on 26-10-2005 by SJW]
Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SJW
haha what bullshit, she crossed into your lane therefore it was her that wasnt looking, fking muppet, since when do u have right of way over a car already in another lane?

My thoughts exactly, im not sure if she is from this world
stubbsy05

26th Oct 05 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of your car?
SJW
Banned

26th Oct 05 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry bout it, same thing happened to me, sum cunt pulled out of a t junction straight into the side of my old gsi, they never even looked right!! tried blaming it on me, obviously her fault, i think there insurance people usually strongly advise they accept liability in cases like this

Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to know SJW, i really hope this doesnt get nasty, i am notriously unlucky and wouldnt be suprised if it went sour.

If i loose my no claims itl ruin everything
Ojc

26th Oct 05 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stephen John Williams
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 05 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo - http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/

Sections you need to read and quote:

112: If you need to change lane, first use your mirrors and check your blind spots (the areas you are unable to see in the mirrors) to make sure you will not force another driver or rider to swerve or slow down. When it is safe to do so, signal to indicate your intentions to other road users and when clear move over.

138 - Before overtaking you should make sure: - the road is sufficiently clear ahead - possibly - this is referring to single carriageway?

143 - DO NOT overtake where you might come into conflict with other road users. For example: - when you would force another vehicle to swerve or slow down.

Her only defence as far as I can see is that you were incorrectly position according to 116, but this is a weak defence as it doesn't mitigate driving in to you.

Edit - I'm still also worried about 163, were you sufficiently far away from the roundabout that this doesn't apply? I'm rather concerned that you went round the roundabout and came off with her on your left, this is bad driving!! If she had have continued around and you hit her this certainly would have been your fault. You should never put yourself in that position.

Can we have a map?

[Edited on 26-10-2005 by Ian]
ed

26th Oct 05 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
Jambo u need to draw a diagram so i can understand what happened
Woman changes lane without checking her blind spot and comes into contact with J-Dawg...
SJW
Banned

26th Oct 05 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if she hit the back end of him then he had already gone past therefore when he was going past the road was clear
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 05 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe your idea of clear differs from mine Steve. I wouldn't stand up in court and say something so embarrisingly stupid for fear of losing the case there and then.
SJW
Banned

26th Oct 05 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Jambo - http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/

Edit - I'm still also worried about 163, were you sufficiently far away from the roundabout that this doesn't apply? I'm rather concerned that you went round the roundabout and came off with her on your left, this is bad driving!! If she had have continued around and you hit her this certainly would have been your fault. You should never put yourself in that position.

[Edited on 26-10-2005 by Ian]

this is very true, but would not excuse the fact of her not using her mirrors, even this was the case she would have changed lanes on assumption only
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 05 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I'm talking there about her - or anyone - continuing around the roundabout and the position of blame it puts the person on the outside in.
SJW
Banned

26th Oct 05 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there is two lanes there surely your entitled to be in it?
if they didnt want people in the right hand lane just after the roundabout wouldnt they design it as single carriageway that split into two further up the road?

i aint saying your wrong, or that im right, just suggesting things
Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, about 1000 yards plus, i didnt go round the roundabout at 80! i moved to the right lane to overtake her on previous dual carriageway but she sped up so when we came off next roundabout i was moving faster, so kept in right hand lane as i was pulling away from her

She then twatted me lol
Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PLUS i just remebered there was a golf behind me! who was looking like he wanted to overtake me!

I tried to signal him to pull over but he carried on going. tbh it may of looked to a witness like our cars very nearly touched but actually didnt if you see what im saying
ed

26th Oct 05 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You pissed her off because your car is faster... My sister would have done the same
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 05 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SJW
if there is two lanes there surely your entitled to be in it?
if they didnt want people in the right hand lane just after the roundabout wouldnt they design it as single carriageway that split into two further up the road?
They're two lanes to carry more traffic.

The thinking is, its better to stay on and travel around again than it is to force people off. The roundabout is like a long round road which *in leaving* you check who is there.

In being entitled to be in the lane you also must look before crossing the paths of other motorists, which is what you do when you leave from the outside lane (ie. that closest to the middle).
Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i looked when i crossed her path ian, she was driving in that lane.

Next thing i saw was an indicator flash on around about my passenger window then wallop
Jambo

26th Oct 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also how hte FUCK didnt she Hear my car its unbeleivably loud, especially when travelling at that speed!
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 05 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know, Steve and I are talking about the rules generally, not your accident.

Is she planning to prepare a case against you? I had a very similar thing with an accident my brother had and being the defence was very easy, just basically rubbished everything the guy was saying.
SJW
Banned

26th Oct 05 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who won?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone drove into my car :( 22 database queries in 0.0171032 seconds