corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roll/show cages

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Roll/show cages
Butler

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your point, I would go with a proper cage and probably use the car for track purposes, only wondered cos polished cages look flashier lol
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lies, proper cages look flashy too
Butler

3rd Jan 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fusionfabrication make 6 point cages, are they real? LOL
broster
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

proper cages dont look flashy robin, they look HARD
broster
Premium Member

3rd Jan 06 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fusion cages are shiney cages.
Butler

3rd Jan 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are indeed
SVM 286

5th Jan 06 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
safety devices went bust iirc, but are trading again from norway or somewhere, and are rather a lot to buy and ship

get a custom one made up

belguim, and they fucked me about so wouldnt go there, shame as there cages are

In the sub £1000 category they have always been unbeatable - looks like i'm gonna have to wait till they get back on their feet again.
SVM 286

5th Jan 06 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
aritchie how much of a fuckwit was it to fit your cage, as i looked at the OMP one then got told its a nightmare to fit

Jimbo - a f*ckwit is a dim/foolhardy/thick/ignorant/stupid person.

Are you being rude?
SVM 286

5th Jan 06 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by starkmotorsport
Competition roll cages can be fabricated by anyone, aslong as they are built according to the specifications of the MSA and FIA. There are several materials which can be used, the most common being CDS and T45. Depending on the material used, you can vary the diameter and wall thickness of your cage.

However unless you have experience with competition roll cages, Id highly recommend that you DIDNT try it yourself as unless you have good welds completely around each joint, the cage could collapse in an accident.

Safety Devices International are up and running and their cages are available to a number of us, just not commonly available to the general public.

Show cages are a complete waste of time. Apart from anyone worth their salt shaking their head at your car, they are dangerous. These arent approved by anyone, so can potentially make an accident worse, if not fatal.

I personally would never have anything to do with a "show cage"

Nicely put - a show cage is indeed slighly more pointless and useless than a chocolate engine, a lace condom, or a girlfriend with a cock.
SVM 286

5th Jan 06 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
What fia approved ROLL cages do they actually make in polished chrome, if they do?

You'd have to get it chromed.
Butler

5th Jan 06 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure fusionfabrication can make one up to my specification, if it is the same shape as a full cage would it still class as a show cage or roll cage?
broster
Premium Member

5th Jan 06 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fusion cages are show cages, the ones i have seen have had a join on the main hoop secured by bolts..... some may think thats ok, i however would like to have it as one complete section...... they do look pretty tho

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roll/show cages 22 database queries in 0.0104399 seconds