corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Handing New Car Back - Not fit for purpose.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Handing New Car Back - Not fit for purpose.
ed

User status: Offline
14th Dec 06 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The squeal comes from the front brakes, not the rear anyway so upgrading to a 1.9 could potentially not solve the problem if you are unlucky.
blebo

14th Dec 06 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
Originally posted by blebo
The dilemma is do I take the £1K hit, Which I cant afford - might need to have a car boot sale etc - or just grin and bear it for two - long and boring - years

at like 10:24 this morning you were going to grin and bear the car for 2 years with no mention of squeeling brakes, but now just a few hours later it's so unbearable you plan to back the car

Didn't want to go into all the details this morning cause I had never thought about taking the car back. I spoke with the dealership today and on the side I was told that two other people have returned the car due to "brake issues"

Yes I want to get rid of the car cause of the noise and number of trips to garage

No I cant tell if the new car will have the same proplem but from what I have been told FIAT are unable to sort the proplem out in the active sport range.

It not a cop out to get rid of the old car free of charge
Colin

14th Dec 06 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was sending one faulty Fiat back theres no way id be taking on another one!!
Gareth

14th Dec 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine what its going to be like in a few years if its got a problem from new and fiat carnt fix it!?
ed

14th Dec 06 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Squeeling brakes is hardly the end of the world though. It's not like the car is dropping to pieces.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Dec 06 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed will stick up for the punto until the END.
blebo

14th Dec 06 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Squeeling brakes is hardly the end of the world though. It's not like the car is dropping to pieces.

Great fun driving round the town with brakes that squel, and I mean squal proper loud.......an I cant go into a multi storey car park.
ed

14th Dec 06 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No no no, it's annoying and they shouldn't do it. I was saying that it's not like the car is falling to bits Gareth John...

I'm suprised they haven't fixed it. Mine has the modded brake pads on already as it was built post recall and the brakes are silent and fantastic...
Twiggy

14th Dec 06 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

copper grease?
bubble

15th Dec 06 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brakes still work and they are still fit for the purpose.

the porsche gt3 costs over 100k. when msn cars test drove it the brakes squealed.

its common on any car.
ackers2302

15th Dec 06 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what you're sayin mate. its the small things like that which take the enjoyment out of ownin a new car, knowin you're guna have it a while.
surely there's something in the contract statin that if you dont keep your end of the deal up you can be sued and vice versa. well their car is faulty so tell them to sort it out or you will be in touch with trading standards.

they'l soon get their finger out and do sumat
Gez G

15th Dec 06 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FAILED ITALIAN AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Handing New Car Back - Not fit for purpose. 22 database queries in 0.0100670 seconds