corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Civic Type R..........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Civic Type R..........
Tom

User status: Offline
4th Apr 07 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
Not saying it's not good, i just think honda are letting themselves down, Type R's should be special / rare and the last civic fucked up that rep! the EK9 and DC2 were both supperb / special / extremely rare. I just don't think either of the 2 latests civics are worthy of the type r badge imo.

you clearly have no idea

Honda are a business, they make things to sell, they dont want to make sumit that only a few people buy, the EK9 is rare as it was never released over here! the DC was released in short numbers too.

Honda hit the nail on the head with the Bread Van type R , it sold thousands and this has made them momey, shock horor what they set out to do

Piss off i'm not having that ffs
topshot_2k
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but also ruined the image, steve does have a point, no different than the 888coupes or calibra tourers etc
Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what about the NSX? I know why the EK9's are rare! but what i was trying to say is i don't think Honda should of lowered their standards on the Type R's as all the older ones are quicker / better handling than the newer ones. Just my opinion.
Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my Type R's as i got dragged into them by my mates (one of which works for Honda) and i do like the last Civic but it's not comparable to the EK9 which was a 1.6 that obliterates all the current hot hatches today. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds and handling of a track car.

IMO that is what a hot hatch is about, hence why i'm not keen on many new ones! As i've said in previous threads i think most hatches have gone down the mini mpv route. worrying more about space in the rear, boot space, comfort than anything else.

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by Cupra Steve]
Tom

4th Apr 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So what about the NSX? I know why the EK9's are rare! but what i was trying to say is i don't think Honda should of lowered their standards on the Type R's as all the older ones are quicker / better handling than the newer ones. Just my opinion.

They are just less 'raw' in order to appeal to the masses why is that so hard to understand.

The NSX is a totally different kettle of fish, honda are renowned for doing things to push the boundaries and are very technologically advanced but there main business is selling cars (and bikes etc), and making a stripped out racer type (RAW) small hatch isn't gonna do anything for there credibility or sales anymore imo.

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by Tom]
Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand WHY they done it, i just don't think they should of. The cars appeal to more people hence why every cunt has a civic type r. People with no clue but think they are the best! You don't see many knobs driving DC2's / EK9's. Doesn't that say something?
Nismo

4th Apr 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Beacuse cars nowadays have to have more stuff to keep up with the market, air con , sat nav bigger wheels, bigger fuel tanks, then theres all the saftey regulations and car impact tests, the air bags everything has had to change!

All older cars are better, they had to do less and weighted less.
Tom

4th Apr 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I love my Type R's as i got dragged into them by my mates (one of which works for Honda) and i do like the last Civic but it's not comparable to the EK9 which was a 1.6 that obliterates all the current hot hatches today. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds and handling of a track car.

IMO that is what a hot hatch is about, hence why i'm not keen on many new ones! As i've said in previous threads i think most hatches have gone down the mini mpv route. worrying more about space in the rear, boot space, comfort than anything else.

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by Cupra Steve]

Honda set the precident with the last type r though which is why competitors all now offer these things (don't forget decent safety, air con, airbags, electric everything etc) because honda made the 'hot hatch' accesible to people are not car mad and who maybe have families etc.
Tom

4th Apr 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I understand WHY they done it, i just don't think they should of. The cars appeal to more people hence why every cunt has a civic type r. People with no clue but think they are the best! You don't see many knobs driving DC2's / EK9's. Doesn't that say something?

Yes it says that nismo's point about you not understanding honda is a massive corporation with directors and shareholders and profit targets's is completely relevent.
Nismo

4th Apr 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Cus no one wants 10+ year old cars that dont have air conn and what not, the DC2s and EK9s appeal to younger drivers who want cheaper cars , they appeal to boy racers, honda dont just want to sell to boy racers they want to sell to the whole market so they carter for everyone , why can you not understand this
Daimo B

4th Apr 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
by my mates (one of which works for Honda)

I've never seen you type that line before
SAL
Premium Member

4th Apr 07 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

Yes it says that nismo's point about you not understanding honda is a massive corporation with directors and shareholders and profit targets's is completely relevent.

That in itself is why there are so many knobs in Type R's giving them a bad name.
antscorsa

4th Apr 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ek9 is and was a completely differnt type-r compared to the new ones!
In that shape civic the EK the flagship model was the vti-s same as the new type-r GT. they made and sold the ek9 only in japan, in very very limited numbers and was a special edition to see how far they could push the boundaries of a hot hatch at that time!
Honda must be doing something right as they seem to sell more type-rs than other hot hatches out there.
fairdos cocks drive type-rs and they aparnelty think there the fastest things in the world, but thats like most hot hatches, such as 106 gtis, vts, gtis etc theyve all got there group of idiots behind the wheel.
saw the new type-r at brands hatch on sunday, loved it, look amazing and makes the golf, astra focus etc look very dated as the last civic did to its competitors.
Nismo

4th Apr 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honda dont care who drives them , they care about there revenue ffs

If i owned honda id let you buy one, i wouldnt worry about you driving one, your the one thats paid for it!
topshot_2k
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom

4th Apr 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dear honda,

One of the forum members on a corsa forum is extremely concerned that you may have lost your racing pedegree image. One of his mates who works for your company is also concerned that due to the current 'type r' line-up being focused towards the masses you are compromising the image because these cars are accesible to anyone.

He thinks you should mass produce cars like the ek9 civic type R as most of the people you see driving those 'aren't nobs' and therefore only sell a couple of hundred a year (obviously the lack of safety features and weight in these cars means that nobs are unable to buy them and vice versa for your current shape shape civic)

Whilst I appreciate you have shareholders to keep happy and safety regulations to adhere to please take this extra seriously because this young mans group of freinds stretches from nova owners to pagani owners so he know's he;s right.

Kindest regard.
Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Dear honda,

One of the forum members on a corsa forum is extremely concerned that you may have lost your racing pedegree image. One of his mates who works for your company is also concerned that due to the current 'type r' line-up being focused towards the masses you are compromising the image because these cars are accesible to anyone.

He thinks you should mass produce cars like the ek9 civic type R as most of the people you see driving those 'aren't nobs' and therefore only sell a couple of hundred a year (obviously the lack of safety features and weight in these cars means that nobs are unable to buy them and vice versa for your current shape shape civic)

Whilst I appreciate you have shareholders to keep happy and safety regulations to adhere to please take this extra seriously because this young mans group of freinds stretches from nova owners to pagani owners so he know's he;s right.

Kindest regard.

Thats a quality letter
Cupra Steve
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Honda dont care who drives them , they care about there revenue ffs

If i owned honda id let you buy one, i wouldnt worry about you driving one, your the one thats paid for it!

I suppose, some companies are interested in there image though.
Avey

4th Apr 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality
topshot_2k
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

renault did it with the clio v6, vauxhall etc have with calibra, astra

dont see why honda couldnt.
Rob H

4th Apr 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k

Did What?

The V6 still had leather seats, climate control, big wheels, shit loads of soundproofing, a big bulkhead for safety etc etc.

And there has never been an all out monster of a Calibra/astra. The maddest car Vaux have brought out imo is the VXR astra, and that's still reserved to what it could be, hence the VXR sprint by 888 engineering .
whitter45

4th Apr 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Just admit you bought a shite car, acnnot accept the honda brand makes good cars and make pointless posts on corsapsort

Spend your time wisely and go and look for a decent car
nik

4th Apr 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nik
Maybe your be able to afford a 16k when your over 60 too

could afford it now, dont see the point in putting money into new cars only to lose 50%+ when i come to sell it.

Would rather by a nice house, which i have, and save for my Evolution

I have a nice house and an Evolution Couldn't resist sorry
topshot_2k
Banned

4th Apr 07 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why d i have a shit car ?

you drive a TT FFS.

My car has never borke down in the 2 years i have owned it, past both MOT's, low 7 to 60mph, handles superbly, looks nice/subtle,
has done under 70k with full history and only 1 owner and cost me £2900

bloddy good deal IMO. so please STFU.

I gave my view on CTR's, not asking you to like it

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Civic Type R.......... 22 database queries in 0.0168431 seconds