corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My court results.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My court results.
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th May 07 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never speed in a 30 Daimo, never have, never will.

In fact, I rarely go above 25.

Think what you want though, you know me better than I do.
deano87

15th May 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Unless your old or own an auto, no-one sticks to 30mph. I'd call you a liar if you said you never exceeded 30mph.

I've exceeded 30mph in a 40mph, but didn't realise I was doing it, and got straight back down to 30mph. I never drive through a 30mph thinking, "baahhhh it's ok, I'll do 40".
ed

15th May 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing I find hard to understand is why is it acceptable to drive as fast as you like in Germany, but over here you would get ass flamed if you made a post saying that you flipped on the cruise control at 120mph on the M1.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't use Cruise Control

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
deano87

15th May 07 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
One thing I find hard to understand is why is it acceptable to drive as fast as you like in Germany

I think it's mainly because you have to pay a fair whack on the toll roads. So they can afford to clean up the mess and keep the roads safe/in good condition.

That is just a presumption though. It's like you can supposedly get away with speeding more on the M6 toll, because it's essentially private.
Daimo B

Yeah yeah, whatever guys.........
ed

I can only get 115 out of my Punto as they discontinued the 6 speed box and they wouldn't fit cruise control to my model
sam-smith

15th May 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
That argument will work well when you get caught

"It's ok officer, the car in front would have cleared the road of any children/animals already"

robin i aint even gonna try outsmart you
ed

15th May 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by ed
One thing I find hard to understand is why is it acceptable to drive as fast as you like in Germany

I think it's mainly because you have to pay a fair whack on the toll roads. So they can afford to clean up the mess and keep the roads safe/in good condition.

That is just a presumption though. It's like you can supposedly get away with speeding more on the M6 toll, because it's essentially private.
The M6 Toll isn't private. In Germany they don't have tolls on the motorways. They also have speed limits on about 60% of thier motorway network.
sam-smith

15th May 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
guess i am then

TBH this was clear before you posted in here.

There is a big difference to speading 70mph in a 30 and speeding on a motorway or other faster road.

i think you missed the point. as though you assume i drive fast on every road. i dont drive fast anywhere. but i am sayingf everyone is guilty of 35 in a 30 etc
deano87

15th May 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by ed

The M6 Toll isn't private. In Germany they don't have tolls on the motorways. They also have speed limits on about 60% of thier motorway network.

Fair enough.
ssj_kakarot

15th May 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry but very few people drive 30mph in 30mph limits, and if people do drive 30mph they just get overtaken by some one behind them.

most people drive 35+ up to about 40.

i find it hard to believe some one can drive 25mph and not get overtaken or piss other motorists off tbh.
Robin
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must be the exception to that theory then.

I'd rather drive at 25 and piss people off than run some kid over on a housing estate.

[Edited on 15-05-2007 by Robin]
Butler

15th May 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never speed in 30s, no a mph over. Its not hard to stick to the fucking limit, and it is there for a reason. I couldnt go over it I dont think, its natural for me to stick to 30s now. I would feel very weird speeding in a 30!
Butler

15th May 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People do get pissed off with me doing under the limit, not my problem though, they are the cunt
deano87

15th May 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
People do get pissed off with me doing under the limit, not my problem though, they are the cunt

Agreed.

At the weekend, in the wet, I was driving down a countryroad at 60 in the wet, which was pretty dodgy and approached a village (30mph limit) so I slowed right down before the 30mph, as I was also looking for a particular house.

Anyway, I just see the Zafira GSi come up behind me, and was tailgating big time. I couldn't see the Griffin, but could see the driver and his missus. Anyway, he overtook me going into the 30, and nearly hit a Golf which he obviously didn't see coming, as he was too busy look at me as if I had gone mad. Then I was appauled to see his kids were in the back. He continued to speed through the village as he disappeared extremely quickly. Fucking idiot.
Daimo B

15th May 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

I also believe that if you want to be able to drive at 120-130mph on the autobahn (the acceptable speed limit in non speed limit areas), then you also need an extra part on your license that costs quite a bit to take in the first place.
ed

15th May 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, most people do about 80-90mph on the Autobahn anyway, which is funnily the average speed people drive at on UK motorways.
Carl

15th May 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd rather be travelling at 35mph in a 30 and be concentrating, rather than be doing 25 and half a sleep.

I drive to the roads conditions and the surroundings, as go alot of people.
Driving at 25 in a 30 if its a clear 30, wide road, waste land at the sides, is bad driving imo. if its up an hill leading to a blind bend with a school close by then its a bit different.
Butler

15th May 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you cant be a good driver without breaking the law?
Colin

15th May 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still get a ban showing on your license though that you need to tell the insurance??
Nick A

15th May 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikegsic16xe
for all you badgers that thought id get a 18 month ban, huge fine and 12 points......i have good news i got....

a 55 day ban
£235 fine.
no points.

That takes the fcuking piss

I got a £60 fine plus 3pts for being 9mph over 30, you do double that and get a lightly spanked bottom, No justice
Carl

15th May 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
So you cant be a good driver without breaking the law?

it didn't say that. Your a bad driver if you are disrupting the flow of traffic unnecessarily (sp) That's my view anyway. It's common sense, if there is a road with nothing at either side, it's 11 o'clock at night and you are trundling along at 25 mph, would you not find that badgeresque?
Nick A

15th May 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
i love it how everyone says you deserve more and much of a naughty boy you were but everybody on this message board is guilty of speeding.

get off your high horse

Yes but 70 in a 30 Lets be realistic
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I speed.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My court results. 23 database queries in 0.0109961 seconds