corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsasports new showcars?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsasports new showcars?
BYRON

User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Fear sold his car to someone and I dunno what happened to it

New owner stacked it iirc
All Torque

16th May 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to see that Stavs
Daimo B

16th May 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

But IMHO D5 is in a different league to D4

Its like comparing the premireship against Division 4 (if theres still such a thing...)

D5 being division 4 of corsa.....
cossie_corsa

16th May 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Stu's was for sale on here not long ago, don't know where it went.

PainZ split his car too IIRC (If you class that as show, which I would)

Matt H has a normal car now, not the blue one or the first silver one.

Erm, Tomnova16s will be showy I think (ask ed)

SteveW split Thundercorsa, Jambo hasn't got his LET and it's vanished.

Fear's car has disappeared too.

Ash Warner's is still about.

That's about it really

mines still knocking about. will have a smooth bonnet and be de spoilered but other than that is still a show car.
jr

16th May 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Martin's/Graeme's Euro C
Fads/Jay Carr's B
Stavs
Beardy
M Suttons
Brosters

Worthy of a magazine feature = worthy of a showcar

dont agree there pete
All Torque

16th May 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats okay Jr, but why?
cossie_corsa

16th May 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what type of show car i guess. subtle show cars and crazy show cars like my space ship
jr

16th May 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO a show car is completly diffrent to a mag feature car

I hope mine when done will get featured, doesnt automatically make it a show car, cars like Ak's, adam b's , james valvers could get featured quite easily IMO, wont ever be "show cars" though

cars like D5, jamesW etc are show cars IMO
M Sutton

16th May 07 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I kind of agree with jr, there alot of cars that can easily get featured but dont make them full on show cars.I suppose i class show cars as ones that have been turned out with stunning bodywork,interior,engine etc and litrally just come out for shows/meets and arent everyday cars,alot some people do use them everyday and keep them nice...its hard to say!
7 omm

16th May 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that gold XE powered one off here with the GSi kit on was the nuts...

where is that now?..

ed

16th May 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably fallen to bits because the work was done by cowboys.
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th May 07 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate from school now owns that Gold GSI kitted XE, has an airdam rear iirc. The guy who owned it before him was a complete wanker claiming he done all the work himself and saying it does 13 second 1/4 miles then i come on here and see the original owner!
Jon_C
Premium Member

16th May 07 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that brads old one
BYRON

16th May 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
A mate from school now owns that Gold GSI kitted XE, has an airdam rear iirc. The guy who owned it before him was a complete wanker claiming he done all the work himself and saying it does 13 second 1/4 miles then i come on here and see the original owner!

Brad Finchman
gianluigi

16th May 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brad's not a wanker
Jon_C
Premium Member

16th May 07 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think brad sold the car and now its been sold on again
ed

16th May 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was sold on eBay not long ago.
corsa_crew

16th May 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would class mine as a showcar at the min as only gets taken to shows and local events - and i know it aint to everyones taste but its different and its the way i like it

current pics of car as it stands

just need to touch up the interior a little and then start work on the engine bay -

totally agree with everyone thou that there really has been a shift and not too many show cars left on the site compared to this time last year

[Edited on 16-05-2007 by corsa_crew]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th May 07 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
Brad's not a wanker

Think he means the bloke that bought it off Brad and fucked it

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th May 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Brad is the guy on here, it was then sold to a bloke who i saw at Guildford cruise on many occasions and got talking to, then i saw it for sale, next thing i know my mate tells me that Tom Butterfield (has a rich daddy, turned up to leavers ball in an F40) had bought it and took him out in out. Said it felt quick.
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th May 07 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would define a show car as a trailer queen. In no way practical for everyday use.

A mag feature car could be anything. IE PF featured an old red mk5 RS2000 that was in no way mint!
SAL
Premium Member

16th May 07 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for once steevn i agree, i use my car daily and would not bother towing it around, if i did want to go that route i would build something completly diffrent and unuse able.

most cars on here now are just smart looking and decent tunning, its all gone a bit suttle and people are scared to try new things.

there are still some cars on here that are very close to a magasine feature, even though i feel total vaux will feature anything as all the decent cars have all ready been done, maybe they should look around europe for some insparation.

Ben D

16th May 07 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
for once steevn i agree, i use my car daily and would not bother towing it around, if i did want to go that route i would build something completly diffrent and unuse able.

most cars on here now are just smart looking and decent tunning, its all gone a bit suttle and people are scared to try new things.

there are still some cars on here that are very close to a magasine feature, even though i feel total vaux will feature anything as all the decent cars have all ready been done, maybe they should look around europe for some insparation.

Your Right people are scared to try new things, especially regarding Corsa's, Everyone is opting for GSi KIT & Speedlines/Softstars Even though the Look works well it's all very 'beige', beige being safe and fitting in with the crowd, the whole point Of modifying a car is to be different and your not going to be different unless you try Creating something that hasn't been done before, which not many other people are attempting any more.

I wouldnt Regard mine as a show standard car It's Just a bit of fun creating something but when i started it i did aim to create something different which i think i am Achieving, even though it IS looked at as a Marmite Car, Especially By the 'Subtle modders'
SAL
Premium Member

16th May 07 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i not really one to talk though as mine is as subtle as you could get really, but it was like that before i found corsasport...i did try a few reiger parts but i went back to oe look.

i would still have a lumma kitted corsa though
Ben D

16th May 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yours is a VERY Looking car though I do like Subtly modded car's But i just dont see the pont of modding a car and Spending however much on mods that Absoloutly everyone else has, it defeats the point of modding.

Show Car's Are meant to be Marmite, they are supposed to be something new and in your face and Something innovative, and Something maybe not to everybody's taste, because let's face it new/different things never are to everybody's Taste, Especially not the subtle/GSi kit & Speedlines Clique

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsasports new showcars? 23 database queries in 0.0133841 seconds