corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Stainless steel inlet manifolds for X14XE, X16XE & C16XE - *PICS* close to final production

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stainless steel inlet manifolds for X14XE, X16XE & C16XE - *PICS* close to final production
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 08 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit far me thinks. I could do the test though as my engine is completely standard bar a drilled airbox so then you can get an idea on the bhp increase
Will94

3rd Mar 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye that it would, but being the 1st off the line i'm gonna need there to build up the kit

Car failed its MOT but if i have the time hopefully by next weekend i'll have a working prototype or at least not far off... meaning i can trial run it on my car to make sure theres no issues with it, and upload some pictures 4 u chaps
Simon_16v

4th Mar 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you made some instructions on fitting etc im sure that would be an added selling point
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Mar 08 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much without powder coating?

i can do it myself
gianluigi

4th Mar 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll have one in yellow.
StrawsSXi

4th Mar 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im interested in one of these. how far along with them are you?
Will94

4th Mar 08 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can do them un powdercoated, just specify if you wanted it shot blasted or not

As for price i'll still have to look into that but rest assured i'll keep you peepz updated as soon as i know more.

Latest update, the 3mm proto is welded up and all holes drilled. i just need to order in the fittings for the breather and vacuum pipes which could take up to a week (at the most) after that providing everything fits and works then it'll b onto making a run of stainless ones which should take no time at all

I'm planning to include fitting instructions too which will include pictures
Simon_16v

4th Mar 08 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to do some tests on an un-modified engine for a price please let me know as im really interested Will
Will94

5th Mar 08 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do need such tests but you're a bit far away mate, near some1 nearby so we can both go to a local rolling road and i can supervise the fitting etc etc
Simon_16v

5th Mar 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you were willing to post we could sort out a £ . Wouldnt need a fancy powdercoated one, just a aluminium one or something.

I have a rolling road thats about 2miles away from me that is re-known for tuning jap cars and rally cars all motoscope.

If we got the results ready for pvs you could use my car as a start to your advertising
j_man

5th Mar 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be interested in one , could you do one in ally ???
Will94

6th Mar 08 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fraid aluminium is not an option, dont have the material at hand nor the means to weld it i'm afraid

The only benifit over stainless would be less weight mind, the stainless one would be stronger. If it was made from 3mm ally it would probably warp shape as you tightened the bolts
bigjim172000

6th Mar 08 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any more news on these as i would love one at that kind of price
Will94

6th Mar 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

currently waiting for the fittings for the vacuum pipe fittings to turn up so i can test the prototype on my car bud. if that goes without a hitch then i'll make a run of about 10 to start off with

[Edited on 07-03-2008 by Will94]
Simon_16v

7th Mar 08 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good will. Would we be able to sort something out for testing on a standard engine?
Will94

7th Mar 08 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i do intend on doing some rolling road tests once its in production but its something i will have to be there to supervise and fund even if only partially
Stokie Dave

7th Mar 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fancy getting him to pay you to test it on your car lol a before and after result on any normal x14/x16xe would suffice I'm sure

sounds interesting, will be keeping my eye on this, theres a few of these cheaper ones about nowadays
Simon_16v

7th Mar 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i was thinking of sorting something out with Dave A and getting a price then could deduct that from the cost of the inlet manifold, then i would pay for the rolling road?
sinnerboy

7th Mar 08 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Will94
Fraid aluminium is not an option, dont have the material at hand nor the means to weld it i'm afraid

The only benifit over stainless would be less weight mind, the stainless one would be stronger. If it was made from 3mm ally it would probably warp shape as you tightened the bolts

Wont warp if you have pipe between the holes like im doing with mine..Will also keep it air tight.
Will94

7th Mar 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is true, but still dont have the facilities to weld ally at hand so i'm a bit stuck.

But less weight would be the only advantage over stainless, cant really see the difference in weight being a worthwhile mod since its not that heavy in the 1st place
sinnerboy

7th Mar 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only reasons i went for aluminium is because it's cheaper to buy a sheet of Aluminium compared to stainless and can be polished to a higher standard.
Will94

7th Mar 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point. Shame i aint got the access or means to do it in ally then

Stainless will do the job all the same.

Update: vacuum pipe fittings turned up today, hoping to test it on my car over the weekend if i get time. will post results and hopefully pics on here if it works
gianluigi

13th Mar 08 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

updates?
Will94

13th Mar 08 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only update atm is the night shift i'm working is taking its toll on my sleep pattern

I'll endevour to get it tested soon as. sorry for the delay chaps, nearly there though
Laura

13th Mar 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a yellow one.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Stainless steel inlet manifolds for X14XE, X16XE & C16XE - *PICS* close to final production 24 database queries in 0.0144448 seconds