corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think this is fair...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Think this is fair...
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
4th Jan 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan-h
point is, i didnt buy the car directly from you, the plate is mine now (included in cost of whole rolling shell i bought) i willl not lose money by giving you a plate back for you paying a transfer fee, and to publicise this on an internet forum instead of directly taking your issue up with me is a bt pathetic really

Dan, why not just accept the offer and get that plate off your car and make a few £ in the process, its no loss to you. then you can get that bilstein kit you want

rob wants the plate
you dont want it
rob has cash
you want cash

do a deal in private, everyone is happy. Rob has agreed that the whole issue about the plate still being on his car is his fault entirely so treat the transaction as a completely new one, ignore what has gone on in the past and the hassle that Rob caused you over the V5 form and everyone is happy.
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To summerise:

Rob sold a car to Dave

Dave then sold it to Dan

Dan has a car with a Rob No. Plate

Rob wants to buy said plate for £100 + fee & new plates for dan

Dan thinks its worth more

Its clearly not

Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the offer's there, U2U me if you want to sort it out.

going out now as B3N PM ironically
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 08 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
rob wants the plate
dan dont want it
rob has cash
dan wants cash
dave sells bilsteins
dan has bilsteins
dave has cash
rob has plate
Fixed that for you Dave
Dave A

4th Jan 08 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks Ian

did you get my u2u btw?
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway Guys, have a good night .
ainsley_brader

4th Jan 08 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally if i was dan id stick it on ebay. Where some mug will pay over £200 plus fees for it just because its on ebay.

And we all know things on ebay are worth more! (well they fetch more anyway lol)
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 08 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay is also full of jokers and it'll cost a bit to list it.
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
personally if i was dan id stick it on ebay. Where some mug will pay over £200 plus fees for it just because its on ebay.

Your having a giraffe
ainsley_brader

4th Jan 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, have you never noticed that things often sell for more than you can go to the shops and buy them for plus theres postage on top!
John G

4th Jan 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy another rob plate an let dan by stuck with the old plate! see if he can get £1200 for it
Rob B

5th Jan 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mattk

5th Jan 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id personally tell him to F O and shove the plate if he sent me that message,
hes saying ohh well its nothing to me name your price

id rather accept ive lost the plate than let him make a mug ov me
nova_gteuk

5th Jan 08 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What matt said^^

Tell him GTF and buy the other plate you wanted.

John G

5th Jan 08 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. Struggle to get the plate of him and pay over the odds then what you orignially payed.

2. Type in www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk select a plate for £250 and watch him struggle to sell his meaningless plate for £1200

I knwo which one id do

[Edited on 05-01-2008 by John G]
M2RTY

5th Jan 08 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why hasnt anyone said this......

.....Rob buys Dan another plate that HE wants on HIS car so long as Rob gets the R8B back from Dan

Problem solved

[Edited on 05-01-2008 by M2RTY]
John G

5th Jan 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
Why hasnt anyone said this......

.....Rob buys Dan another plate that HE wants on HIS car so long as Rob gets the R8B back from Dan

Problem solved

[Edited on 05-01-2008 by M2RTY]

That would seem pounltess

So rob pays £250 for a dans plate, gets it assigned to dans car, to then have to pay the swop over fee of £115 on the R8B to robs car! Surely that leaves rob out of pocket

dan-h

5th Jan 08 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are people interfering, at the end of the day, the issue is going to be sorted between me and Rob not a load of people on a internet message board.
Colin

5th Jan 08 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan-h
why are people interfering, at the end of the day, the issue is going to be sorted between me and Rob not a load of people on a internet message board.

Hes only asking advice as it seems your trying to cash in.

At the end of the day its not worth alot. The guys made a good offer either except or decline & be done with it!
ainsley_brader

6th Jan 08 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh im with Dan, that plate is worth more than £100 on the car as a selling point! Rob has had 18 months to do something about it!
mattk

6th Jan 08 at 03:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just transfer it back and take the cash, stop being melodramatic and trying to make a mug out of him FFS
Dave A

6th Jan 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
just transfer it back and take the cash, stop being melodramatic and trying to make a mug out of him FFS

you are ignoring the fact that all dan has done is buy a car with a number plate and 18 months on Rob wants it back because its now worth something. all dan has done is say that he is willing to negotiate the transfer of the plate, after all the whole situation was caused by Rob not bothering to send off the correct paperwork in the first place, which caused Dan masses of problems trying to get plates made up and get the car back on the road, paying DVLA fees for a new registration Document and waiting months before the DLA sorted things so that he could tax and insure it. Personally I can see why dan cant be bothered with going through all of that again for the sake of £100. it probably cost him more than that last time to clear up the mess that Rob caused him.

[Edited on 06-01-2008 by Dave A]
nova_gteuk

6th Jan 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt you agree with Rob that he could have his plate back?

Maybe when you sold it on you should of imformed the next owner that the plate didnt go with the car and still belonged to the previous owner like u agreed with rob?

Yes maybe he should of done something about it sooner,but to me a gentlemans agreement is an agreement. no matter how long it takes.

[Edited on 06-01-2008 by nova_gteuk]
Dave A

6th Jan 08 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, I agreed rob can have the plate back, I didnt want it anyway. Rob didnt bother doing the transfer and after months of waiting I sold the car on. New owner knew the plate WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE so he agreed to keep it for a pre-determined amount of time that was agreed with Rob (rob agreed with dan to buy it back last christmas but didnt do so)

Dan then needed to put the car back on the road but he couldnt tax or insure it as Rob never sent off the V5 docs as agreed. Dan gave Rob one last chance to get the plate back before he registered it in his name but rob declined as he didnt have the money at the time to pay the transfer fees etc...

Rob then told dan by u2u that he no longer wants the plate and that he could keep it (dan still has the u2u saved) so dan ended up having lots of hassle and expense to get the car back on the road.

over a year on, rob wants the plate back but offers dan £100 for it. so far it has cost Dan almost £100 to get the docs and plate sorted so he would be losing out. Dan would want the following to complete the transfer.

his costs so far:

DVLA fees to register the plate: £29
Cost of new plates he had to get made up: £25
travelling costs to visit DVLA newcastle: £ 20

New costs if plate was transfered:

New plates: £25
travelling costs to DVLA newcastle: £20
Transfer fees: £80
current market value of plate: £250

so in total I would estimate that dan would want £ 449 to cover ALL of his costs. even if they agreed £100 for the plate dan would still want £299 so that he breaks even on the deal.

nova_gteuk

6th Jan 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well fair enough.

But what rob has offered already seems fair to me.

A plate saying rob will mean nothing to dan and with rob offering this deal seems to cut out the middle man of dan having to find another person who wants the plate "rob"

He might of been told the plate was worth a bit more but id bet he wouldnt get it.

I bought a clio with a private plate two years back,plate was valued at £800 with reg transfers.i put it in magazines ebay local paper,for about 6 months in the end i just scrapped the car with plate.

What id ask dan to do now is if rob finally decides he doesnt want it,to try selling if for the valuation,id doubt he get any where close to it.considering theres other rob plates for £250 on dvla som. the dvla prices include the transfer fee of £80

So if dan was to find someone to buy it he would have to knock £80 off the £250 to at least make someone think ye its worth it?

And to be fair if my name was dan i wouldnt want a plate on my car saying rob

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think this is fair... 22 database queries in 0.0202510 seconds