corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The FA Cup 4th Round Draw Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The FA Cup 4th Round Draw Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
7th Jan 08 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
As I said, doesn't matter

explain....
JonnyJ

7th Jan 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Were you purchased by someone in a multi-million pound deal? And if so was it all sorted on deadline day, or in reality had they expressed interest well before then and done all the due diligence prior to deadline day?!

Not purchased, sometimes it doesnt matter, you can get extensions, ecspecially if someone can prove they have the money and are expressing a genuine interest.

One saturday we needed to raise £40,000 in one day to do it. We needed every fan who turned up to put £20 in a bucket, we did it and it helped the supporters trust buy the club. Although that hasnt worked.
Cosmo

7th Jan 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but that is a much much smaller problem than Luton, from what I have read (on the supports club website) they have been losing £400k+ a month for ages and ages now.

Granted if someone comes in today and expresses interest they will obviously get an extension, but I see no reason why they would do so now when they hadnt already.
JonnyJ

7th Jan 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Cosmo, neither me or you can comment on the full extent of thier problems. For instance theres so much that people didn't and still dont understand about whats going on at York.

A lot of fans think just because we are owned by a fan that its all going to be ok. TBH we are seriously in trouble of being wound up if we dont get out of the conference soon
Marc

7th Jan 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheres the money for the stadium coming from Jonny? FA loan??
Danny P

7th Jan 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Oldham Athletic v Huddersfield Town

Mazin

I've been thinking about it this aft, and it aint as bad as I thought. We've a good chance of winning, or at least drawing the game and bringing them back to our gaff for a reply, & give us a better chance of going through. Also its only about 10 mins down the road, so will take quite a few fans over with us. Much rather be at Oldham than somewhere like Swansea or Southampton.

5th round here we come

[Edited on 07-01-2008 by Danny P]
JonnyJ

7th Jan 08 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Wheres the money for the stadium coming from Jonny? FA loan??

We got a loan from the Football Foundation, which we dont have to pay back providing we have a new stadium in place by 2010. We also have a loan from JMPackaging (the company owned by the Mcgills)

A lot of bad feelings atm surrounding the mcgills and their agenda. Even i dont know the total ins and outs but people who work closely behind the scenes say its dodgy as fuck.
JonnyJ

7th Jan 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Mazin

I've been thinking about it this aft, and it aint as bad as I thought. We've a good chance of winning, or at least drawing the game and bringing them back to our gaff for a reply, & give us a better chance of going through. Also its only about 10 mins down the road, so will take quite a few fans over with us. Much rather be at Oldham than somewhere like Swansea or Southampton.

5th round here we come

But if you lose
Danny P

7th Jan 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh aye if we lose it will be a shitter, BUT, the way I look at it, I wasnt expecting to beat Birmingham, so therfore every penny made is a bonus.

Although im guessing that money will be used to re-balance the figures that the chairman widly budgeted on for the season, instead of being spent on players
Limecat
Banned

7th Jan 08 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Mazin

5th round here we come

It should be interesting at least. Your away form is almost as crap as our home form to be honest.
AndyKent

7th Jan 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aPk
As I said, doesn't matter

explain....

Not sure I should know what I know, so won't share but I *think* we'll be just fine a year or so from now. It'll be difficult times no doubt, but I'm sure our future is secure.

Doesn't that sound fucking dodgy
JonnyJ

7th Jan 08 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you struck a deal with Cosmos dad Andy?
AndyKent

7th Jan 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're not back to sexual favours are we?
JonnyJ

7th Jan 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta do what you gotta do
Danny P

7th Jan 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
It should be interesting at least. Your away form is almost as crap as our home form to be honest.

Just looked at the table & your right, we've only won 4 away all season, and you've only won 2 at home

Will either be 0-0 or a goal feast
Russ

7th Jan 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shitford
Limecat
Banned

7th Jan 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Just looked at the table & your right, we've only won 4 away all season, and you've only won 2 at home

Will either be 0-0 or a goal feast

Yeah, 10 points from a possible 33 at home, the worst strike record of any home team (8 goals in 11) although saying that you have the worst away day defence in the league and only 4 teams have scored less goals on their travels.

The last 6 weeks/2 months we have improved massively so I would expect Oldham to win it but we have a tendancy to only play decent against good teams! (I will keep that aside as my excuse! )
Jill
Premium Member

7th Jan 08 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Jillth you haft return-ed from your holibobs

Indeed I have young Robhino, indeed I have

JILL
Good times?

Yeah cheers hun, had a wicked birthday and spent NYE in Plaza de Los Naranjos (Orange Square) Didn't want to come back, but then I always feel homesick for Marbella when I'm back here Weird huh.

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

7th Jan 08 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BigSte
quote:
Originally posted by jr
at getting sheff utd if we get past city

Should be a fiesty affair.....can't wait for this one..... hate WHU with a passion but hope you beat City so you meat us in Round 4!

where's Luigi with his screenprints and buddy lists?!

JILL
Danny P

7th Jan 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, 10 points from a possible 33 at home, the worst strike record of any home team (8 goals in 11) although saying that you have the worst away day defence in the league and only 4 teams have scored less goals on their travels.

The last 6 weeks/2 months we have improved massively so I would expect Oldham to win it but we have a tendancy to only play decent against good teams! (I will keep that aside as my excuse! )

We aint a decent team

Yup, we've only scored 8 away all season, and when we've lost, its always been 3/4-0

Looking forward to it
Robbo

7th Jan 08 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Jillth you haft return-ed from your holibobs

Indeed I have young Robhino, indeed I have

JILL
Good times?

Yeah cheers hun, had a wicked birthday and spent NYE in Plaza de Los Naranjos (Orange Square) Didn't want to come back, but then I always feel homesick for Marbella when I'm back here Weird huh.

JILL
Coolio
AndyKent

7th Jan 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah but that is a much much smaller problem than Luton, from what I have read (on the supports club website) they have been losing £400k+ a month for ages and ages now.

Granted if someone comes in today and expresses interest they will obviously get an extension, but I see no reason why they would do so now when they hadnt already.

On the local news, 3 bids in for the club - more to be revealed tomorrow
Cosmo

7th Jan 08 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off the back of the game last night?!

TBH you'll be lucky if even 1 of those actually comes to fruition, as investing that sum of money doesnt just come as an instant decision after one game
AndyKent

7th Jan 08 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not entirely sure who they are. One is a consortium of the supporters clubs with Nick Owen who has a lounge at our stadium. Obviously not off the back of the game that one.

Think another might be a foreign investor and the last Pinkney - don't quote me on those though.
JonnyJ

7th Jan 08 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your starting to sound like Steve, Cosmo

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The FA Cup 4th Round Draw Thread 23 database queries in 0.0176172 seconds