corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Jan 08 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo it would be good to have your input if you're got a heavy interest in it.
jr

31st Jan 08 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Ian, theres alot more bike stuff about than cars, at the moment were going into a bit of a niche market regarding a proper car trackday forum

no reason why it couldnt feature on the site, just the main focus needs to be going fast on track/off road IMO
mav

31st Jan 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an excellent idea and if it takes off well it will be......
Iain M

31st Jan 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds very interesting and all grown up, which i like would it include things like rolling road days and things like RWYB days at the pod and other locations?
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I imagined the bike stuff to be well covered. We'll see how it pans out eh.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
Sounds very interesting and all grown up, which i like would it include things like rolling road days and things like RWYB days at the pod and other locations?
Yes although RR and RYWB already have a fairly low entry point, ie. you can just turn up and do that. Track stuff is generally harder to get in to, people are more wary about commiting to things, just all together more scary. Thats what we're addressing.

There will still be RR and Pod stuff as well of course, but that isn't the core aim.
Graham88

31st Jan 08 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I even thought about combining it for bikes and cars, but in reality, theres only a few of us that love both, otherwise its quite a large divide between the groups

Aye, a few forums have tried and failed to incorporate the 2. I love both, but you'll find most bike forums slate cars. Although most car owners are welcome to bike owners. Bike owners are just badgers (Daimo :thumbs
Daimo B

31st Jan 08 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, i even knew of one user on here who had an XE corsa, who also used one of the bike sites.

But most bikers refer to cars as cages

There are some that love both, but the majority are quite ignorent towards cars, and the same with car owners towards bikes.

But then theres the real petrol heads, that love everything, cars, boats, bikes, anything with an engine really.

Also theres a lot of difference between them. Cars you can jsut turn up, bash hat, off you go. Bikes, you need to have certain clothing, protection (up to rider) etc.

Graham, your just jealous as your an all out cagers now You corsa driving chav (messin).

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by VXR]
pow
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound really good. Now I have a more powerful car I want to get into the world of Trackdays, eventually going to to build my own track racer... this sounds like a perfect way that I can learn a bit more.
jr

31st Jan 08 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
Sounds very interesting and all grown up,

Does doesnt it Iain
Iain M

31st Jan 08 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its mainly aimed at trackdays then but with a more mature look? I like the sound of that, would deffo get into trackdays if there was a website that was easy enough to negoiate and told you all whats needed and what do and where to go sort of thing.

Even more incentive to Let the corsa
Kathryn W

31st Jan 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent news and ideas.

I'm sure a lot of people would be very interested in this and would make them 'click' themselves into gear to get their cars ready

Graham88

31st Jan 08 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just one problem, why do you do this when I'm selling my Corsa

It sounds like the kind of thing that should have been thought of years ago. Proper enthusiasts. It'll be good as you have the immediate userbase, rather than have to build it up.
jr

31st Jan 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats pretty much it, but instead of going under CS, where say 50% of the cars arent corsa's, we can go under a diffrent name, not tied to one brand, get all the discounts, create a forum relating to the trackdays, and as more go on, more people see Weekend racers, more people come on the forum, more money to do bigger and better events, etc etc

i'll let Ian add more details if need be
jr

31st Jan 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Just one problem, why do you do this when I'm selling my Corsa

It sounds like the kind of thing that should have been thought of years ago. Proper enthusiasts. It'll be good as you have the immediate userbase, rather than have to build it up.

its not to so with corsa's
Joe

31st Jan 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good Ian, hope all goes well.

If its half as good and well put together as CS it is sure to be a winner.

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by joe6886]
Graham88

31st Jan 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but my next car won't be good for a track. I'd have loved to put my Corsa on track.

A trackday forum would get good deals on trackdays, which in turn would attract people simply wanting the discounts, but they could stick around.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS has been here for 10 years now, I'm sure there will be opportunity to join WR in whatever vehicle you end up prepping at some point
Conway563

31st Jan 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like a real good idea Ian.
It's not something that I'd have much of an interest in but when I eventually look to get more into that side of things I think the knowledge that people on this site already have and the knowledge of new members would be a great help
Fro

31st Jan 08 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound slike a very good idea to me and im definately interested. Been thinking about creating a track car for a bit of legal fun.
Whittie

31st Jan 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic news, hope it works out.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you need any programming leg work give me a shout
Liam

31st Jan 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a good idea
Matt_b

31st Jan 08 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Shane
you dont want a carbon copy of CS, you need something fresh and new
Indeed, hence we only take over a very limited number of members. The moderation in the incubation forum will be strict so people may find that they are not exported over when the time comes if their posts are deleted. Then there will be an approval process before signup for the new place, then strict moderation when people arrive. I'm well aware that there are some things about CS, nice place as it is, that won't be making the transition!

What will the approval process be? I'm really interested in this but currently don't have a track car (fingers crossed I'm hoping to start building one soon) I don't really post that often on CS really but I read it everyday will I not meet the critera to join?
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you are well qualified to join based on what you just said.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY 22 database queries in 0.0169311 seconds