corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Astra Sport 2005+ 1.9cdti, opinions wanted

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Astra Sport 2005+ 1.9cdti, opinions wanted
Ben J

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x
Nothing else apart from the DTUK box and a K&N which will give jack all extra bhp.

Mine hasn't actually been on the rollers but as mentioned above, the tuning boxes give figures of between 190 and 210bhp on the CDTI 150. Thats one great thing about diesels, they are so easily tunable with big gains. After about 230bhp it gets expensive though.

Thats why i'm getting an Astra VXR soon!

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by bjackso2x]

nowhere near mate, your dreaming if you think youve got 200bhp those dtuk boxes will give 15bhp if that, as said im pretty sure they dont even touch the boost

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by Steve]

The cars with boxes have been on the rollers at various different places. I'm not guessing. Its proven!
Rob H

3rd Feb 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
about 10bhp iirc and he has other mods, i also dont see why the 1.7 would get 20bhp and the 1.9 get over twice the hike

I'm not sure if the 1.7's a JTD engine or not, and therefore might be completely different engines? Vauxhall have used 1.7 Diesels since the begginign of time, so could be a development of their older engine. I also know the 1.7CDTi comes in 3 guises - an 80, 100 and lately a 120 output engine - the old "standard" TD used to have 80 brake, so neither the 80 or 100 are a big improvement.
ARD1

3rd Feb 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sure that other than an exhaust and this power box thats how you get an astra 888 / t9 engine wise

http://www.thurlbymotors.net/cgi-bin/StockViewer.exe/UsedStockHTML?type=N&fuel=D&gear=M&body=H
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Nothing else apart from the DTUK box and a K&N which will give jack all extra bhp.

Mine hasn't actually been on the rollers but as mentioned above, the tuning boxes give figures of between 190 and 210bhp on the CDTI 150. Thats one great thing about diesels, they are so easily tunable with big gains. After about 230bhp it gets expensive though.

Thats why i'm getting an Astra VXR soon!

nowhere near mate, your dreaming if you think youve got 200bhp those dtuk boxes will give 15bhp if that, as said im pretty sure they dont even touch the boost

The cars with boxes have been on the rollers at various different places. I'm not guessing. Its proven!

rolling roads are proof now

anyway, if you show me where the dtuk boxes increase boost il believe you.
Ben J

3rd Feb 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve....you seem a bit of a dick....I can assure you the tuning boxes produce bhp figures up to 200bhp.

I have seen figures before and after boxes. I've had a box on my car for a year. You can argue all you want but it is FACT.
ARD1

3rd Feb 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are around 200bhp+ as seen in evo fifth gear etc
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the the box increases boost yes?
ARD1

3rd Feb 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.thurlbysport.net/

thats it
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL the rolling road was done at regal on the DTUK site, says it all really
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ARD1

thats it

its all just sales blag, i want to know how it alters the boost
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its obvious its full of shit, how does it eliminate turbo lag you lot are easily bullshitted
Ben J

3rd Feb 08 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ARD1

thats it

its all just sales blag, i want to know how it alters the boost

I want to know why you seem so bothered about the 200bhp figures being bullshit. If it was bull, theres no way there would be so many people buying DTUK equipment!!!!

If you think its bull, then thats up to you. I don't really car. All I know is that my car is an absolute rocketship, especially in sport mode. And tbh, that enough proof for me!
ARD1

3rd Feb 08 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dieseltuninguk.com/rolling_road_results.php

there you go
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its regal rollers mate
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh it shows they are pretty crap for using regals rollers
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The idea behind the tuning box is to intercept the signal between the ECU and the injection system usally the common rail and basically allows it to inject more fuel into the cylinders thus producing more torque and power, and because of this the engine is running more efficiently the fuel consumption is also improved because you would have to use less throttle for similar conditions.

right so no boost increase = no 50bhp gain
ARD1

3rd Feb 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the other ones i showed from thurlby are from germany somewhere im not sure if they are the same, but if ou look at the graph i think it shows the boost is different, plus the fact that the t9 was as quick as a vxr from fifth gear shows it must be giving more than 150bhp really
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its shows drag, whp, fly horse power and torque

ARD1

3rd Feb 08 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and the astra vxr only just being quicker than a 150bhp or 160bhp [ your predicted increase] td astra on a track, think it shows its more than that
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cdti will have loads more torque, hence why my 130bhp vrs is as quick as some petrols with a lot more power, especially on the move
ARD1

3rd Feb 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vxr
Engine Size 1998 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 6.2 s
Power Output 236 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 320 Nm 236 lb-ft
Top Speed 152 mph

cdti 150
Engine Size 1910 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 8.3 s
Power Output 147 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 320 Nm 236 lb-ft
Top Speed 130 mph

yet the torque is the same and your telling me that 86bhp makes no rear difference it was close even in a drag race, and td are crap at those due to the gear box ratios
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no im not, im saying unless you increase boost you dont get 50bhp from thin air by plugging in a box.
ARD1

3rd Feb 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so from the stats if those boxes dont work then the td would be no where near a vxr unless they where getting around 200bhp, no other way
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even with those stats, round a track it still wouldn't be MASSIVELY different anyway. Did the TD have anything suspension/brakes wise?

Ben J

3rd Feb 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh so your Fabia is only 130bhp....now I see where all this comes from.....

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Astra Sport 2005+ 1.9cdti, opinions wanted 22 database queries in 0.2057390 seconds