corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Petrol Price

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol Price
ed

User status: Offline
28th Feb 08 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Theham85
Seemingly before the Labour government Diesel was half the price of petrol about 40p a litre back in 1997 ?
Technicly diesel should cost more than petrol. If fuel is priced by the ammount of energy you are buying then as diesel contains more energy per unit blah...
Robbo

28th Feb 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Ahh gone are the days of 66.9p motoring

Back when...1990? I could also get a can of coke & a mars bar & have change from 50p

Its just one of those things eh, & if you cant afford it look at either earning more money or downgrading to a smaller engined car I suppose
99 dude
WU-TANG- DAN

28th Feb 08 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not saying i agree with with petrol taxation but i will put this point across.

In this country we get taxed on petrol, in germany...the cost of a stamp may be 3 times more than it is here but the petrol is not taxed if you know what im getting at. different taxe amounts on different things in different countries.

[Edited on 28-02-2008 by WU-TANG- DAN]
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 08 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Tax has always been the same on Diesel, its down to refining costs & demand thats pushed it up.
Demand doesn't push prices up, prices are the way to kerb supply.

Demand alone doesn't affect price. Its demand plus the realisation that there is a better margin in regulating supply. All fairly consistent with oil companies publishing record profits. And there's no disputing that the duty is huge.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 08 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WU-TANG- DAN
In this country we get taxed on petrol, in germany...the cost of a stamp may be 3 times more than it is here but the petrol is not taxed if you know what im getting at. different taxe amounts on different things in different countries.

I'm guessing other countries also don't waste money on wars and social inclusion projects.
Theham85

28th Feb 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Seemingly before the Labour government Diesel was half the price of petrol about 40p a litre back in 1997 ?
Technicly diesel should cost more than petrol. If fuel is priced by the ammount of energy you are buying then as diesel contains more energy per unit blah...

Not being smart but Diesel should be cheaper as its produced at a lower level in the fractional distillation process and requires less energy to produce Diesel from crude
Colin

28th Feb 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WU-TANG- DAN
Im not saying i agree with with petrol taxation but i will put this point across.

[Edited on 28-02-2008 by WU-TANG- DAN]

hat wouldnt bother me I dont use a tiny fraction of stamps of what I do petrol
Gareth

28th Feb 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got fuel card for the skoda so every trip to the pump is like a fill n chill
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Feb 08 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget the 2p Fuel Duty Rise planned for the 1-April plus .35p VAT to be added in every litre.

Our troubles aren't ending yet.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Scotty C

29th Feb 08 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taxes keep rising, but our wages don't

[Edited on 29-02-2008 by Monster]
Carl

29th Feb 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep getting closer and closer to getting a bosch fuel pump fitted so i can run veg oil, with the prices these days i'll soon have my money back.
whitter45

29th Feb 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
what petrol are you using thats 108.9p a litre,

I only pay 105 for deisel

thats cheap mate - £1.15 for me
mattk

29th Feb 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you use, Gold deisel?

Im assuming its special stuff cause you have a posh car
Kathryn W

29th Feb 08 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can it be so different yet so close in proximity
John

29th Feb 08 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesel is 108.9 up here, i'm getting a tad fed up with the seemingly weekly/fortnightly increases.
ed

29th Feb 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:

Not being smart but Diesel should be cheaper as its produced at a lower level in the fractional distillation process and requires less energy to produce Diesel from crude
That was true when diesel was considered a by-product of petrol production, but also, that should mean that LPG would cost a fortune as its even lighter than petrol.
Mattb

29th Feb 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reduce duty on fuel and increase it on things like cigarettes and alcohol imo..
mattk

29th Feb 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah cause thats a perfect solution

I guess you dont drink or smoke?
Theham85

29th Feb 08 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:

That was true when diesel was considered a by-product of petrol production, but also, that should mean that LPG would cost a fortune as its even lighter than petrol.

Your not wrong there, the goverment are a bunch of animals, just lie there way into power, we pay road tax too, why do we keep ending up with burst tyres and egg shaped wheels, absolute joke !
Mattb

29th Feb 08 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah cause thats a perfect solution

I guess you dont drink or smoke?

Why would that make any difference?? Smoking costs the NHS millions every year and binge drinking costs society god knows what! Its only because the government knows people have to buy fuel that the duty is so high in it, that and the fact the world is banging on about global warming and the government wants to price people off the road. Now they are moaning about people going out getting lashed up and causing trouble on so called 'binges' so it would seem like a rational thing to do..

What would you rather? Be able to drive places like work etc on fuel that cost less that a £1 a litre, or go and get pissed up, not remember a thing, maybe get into a fight on shite that probably costs around £1 a litre aswell?

Its only my 2p

oh, and i dont smoke, but i do drink
Robbo

29th Feb 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ONLY thing that annoys me is that they are very quick to pass the increases onto us but very very slow to pass the reductiosn on
whitter45

29th Feb 08 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what do you use, Gold deisel?

Im assuming its special stuff cause you have a posh car

VPower mate
deano87

29th Feb 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the major problem is, is that we don't see any benefit of the high tax prices.

if we could see the government investing in the roads, investing in means of reducing global warming etc then may be, it wouldn't be so bad paying it?!

One thing I do not agree with (which is slightly off topic) is these new cars, like the VW Polo Bluemotion or something, that doesn't pay any road tax. This indicates to me that they are only taxing on emissions (which they are) - but do these cars not cause similar amounts of damage on the road, use street lamps, traffic lights etc?!

It's the same with fuel duty - they say it's to get people off the road thus reducing emissions, global warming and all that jazz. But surely this money should be put into the roads again and we see some kind of benefit, of not driving our cars.
mattk

29th Feb 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
What would you rather? Be able to drive places like work etc on fuel that cost less that a £1 a litre, or go and get pissed up, not remember a thing, maybe get into a fight on shite that probably costs around £1 a litre aswell?

Its only my 2p

oh, and i dont smoke, but i do drink

I go and "Binge" drink every weekend

"Binge Drinking" is another non existant problem that the government has bullshitted everyone into beleiving is a reality, for yeeeears people have been going out getting pissed up, Its society that is to blame for the trouble,

Knob heads that WANT to go out and fight, they cant be trusted with alchohol, so hey lets up the tax for EVERYONE so no one can enjoy a night out

I enjoy going out, its very rare I dont remember anything and in 3 years going out ive never once had a fight, I also dont smoke and dont beleive the tax should be passed on to that,

This government is taxing people out of having a good time and doing what they want

No wonder this country is a bunch of misrible bastards
ChrisBoom

29th Feb 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1.14 for diesel, gay.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Petrol Price 23 database queries in 0.0161750 seconds