corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The 2.5 v6 vectra thread.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The 2.5 v6 vectra thread.
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Apr 08 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah chris im liking them ALOT, going to price them up later.
lil_g

27th Apr 08 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

davey_jack had some off here mate in chrome
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update today, went to my mates after work and gave the vec a clean inside, just a hoover and a polish and hung a few air fresheners up.Took a few pics but they were on my fone as i left my digi cam in my dads car and he's back at home now 300 miles away so excuse the poor quality.

Quick hoover and polish.

Decided to start painting the callipers, only managed to do 2 as my mate had to take his gf back to the hospital, so here's a few pics.

Decided to go with red, as i think they will look nice behind the white wheels going on it.

How they looked before.

Before i used the wire brush.

After a quick first coat.

Finished.

And another quick pic of the car, and my mates jet ski in the background

Car looks high as feck, going to order new springs this week so it will be lowered by 30-40 mm in the next 2 weeks, not off work for 11 days now so cant so anything until then

flybikeslee

28th Apr 08 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have done calipers black
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i knew youe would reply with that but i think it will look good with abit of colour in contrast to everything that is going to be white, if they look gash with the new wheels on i will just repaint them
GT190

28th Apr 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car is nice.

dont like red calipers though.
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, not many people will like them
flybikeslee

28th Apr 08 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny_v6
yeah i knew youe would reply with that but i think it will look good with abit of colour in contrast to everything that is going to be white, if they look gash with the new wheels on i will just repaint them

DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so now i need advice on springs, been looking at spax, what would you lot reccomend?
flybikeslee

28th Apr 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok so now i need advice on springs, been looking at spax, what would you lot reccomend?

had spax rears on the corsa, where better than my gmax. whats your budget? full kit would be obviously better
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah havent got tonnes to spend on them, im thinking around the 150 mark atm.
Corsa_Scotty

28th Apr 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The calipers look ok but a darker shade of red would have been smarter and the rear calipers in black
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red is red unfortunately thats the only shade of red they had, dont forget that paint is fresh so once its got brakedust over it they wont look as bright
flybikeslee

28th Apr 08 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Red is red unfortunately thats the only shade of red they had, dont forget that paint is fresh so once its got brakedust over it they wont look as bright

even more reason to go and paint them black
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me get the new fackin wheels on first
Corsa_Scotty

28th Apr 08 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No the red callipers will be really smart with those Black TD Pro Race 1.2's your buying

[Edited on 28-04-2008 by ScottyBhoy2k7]
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You spelt white wrong
Corsa_Scotty

28th Apr 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is one beside me its a W Reg silver one for £940 but its rusty as fuck
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 2.5? mine has a few tiny rusty spots, nothing major.It will be going in the bodyshop as soon as i buy the GSI front bumper, get it sprayed and get the bad spots touched up
Corsa_Scotty

28th Apr 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah a 2.5 V6 like yours its not got the same bumpers as yours for some reason and its suspension is really high
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 08 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it bought, although that one is more than i paid for mine
Neil Dagens

29th Apr 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks really good id go with the white 1.2s, look much better than the black ones and the bbs's very touring car. Loook forward to seeing your progress
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers neil, its red_top btw lol changed my name, glad you went with the black slabs its looking like white pro race 1.2's atm, will be buying them in about 3-4 weeks
Neil Dagens

29th Apr 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cheers neil, its red_top btw lol changed my name, glad you went with the black slabs its looking like white pro race 1.2's atm, will be buying them in about 3-4 weeks

yeah i know only just noticed your thread so thought id have a look, it looks really nice, i love these in white, looking forward to seeing the 1.2s on it yeah went with the black slabs, yoour photoshop swayed it for me. although the one with all teh skirts on has given me too many ideas and very little money haha!
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks mint as it is, a nice clean example.Spray bottom half of your bumpers red and leave the tops black would look better than gsi kit/skirts etc.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The 2.5 v6 vectra thread. 23 database queries in 0.0174649 seconds