corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quicky - windows tints

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quicky - windows tints
Ren

User status: Offline
29th May 08 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Timba said, cars come from the factory already tinted, even if it's slightly. The 30% rule may or may not be bollocks, but even if you had a clear glass with no tints, 100% light would NOT pass through. I don't know what percentage is allowed, but when I went to get the astra tinted, they told me anything infront of the B pillar was "technically illegal, but I can put on a light tint if you want"

Illegal.
kz

29th May 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i dont mind it being illegal as such... as my plates illegal anyway

just do not wanna risk getting points at all

[Edited on 29-05-2008 by kz]
Timbaland
Banned

29th May 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz

just do not wanna risk getting points at all

Hit the nail on the head.
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th May 08 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danielleG
mine are tinted 30% out of the factory as standard and are legal.

As far as I know, that's the norm. My windows say that they let 70% through, and that's the maximum that's allowed. It's not stuck on or anything, it's just built into the glass.

Even your windscreen will have a bit of tint in it, they do not put glass in cars with no tint at all. At least not these days, before someone gets a pic of a 40 year old car

Like Ren said, you wouldn't get 100% light transmission even if it didn't have a tint, because of impurities in the glass itself.

Go out in the morning and look at the writing on the bottom corner of your windows, it will say sometihng about having tint in it.

[Edited on 29-05-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quicky - windows tints 23 database queries in 0.0093389 seconds