corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices.
fir3vip3r

User status: Offline
6th Jun 08 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I would be proper fucked off if a load of idiots were holding me up doing 30 on the motorway

Yep, these protests will do fuckall. Dont see the point in them. Save your fuel and dont do a gay rolling road block.

what do you suggest then?

Sitting at home and saving your fuel. It will have no impact on fuel prices.

so you dont want to know that your unhappy paying through the nose because of the government.. even though the government work for YOU! you voted them in there supposed to do the best for there country not bring it down.

if you do nothing prices will keep spiralling at least use your voice to try and do something.
Scotty C

6th Jun 08 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually, make the roadblock. I'd like to watch people getting out of their cars to beat fuck into you.

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Monster]
Rick Draper

6th Jun 08 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I would be proper fucked off if a load of idiots were holding me up doing 30 on the motorway

Yep, these protests will do fuckall. Dont see the point in them. Save your fuel and dont do a gay rolling road block.

what do you suggest then?

Sitting at home and saving your fuel. It will have no impact on fuel prices.

so you dont want to know that your unhappy paying through the nose because of the government.. even though the government work for YOU! you voted them in there supposed to do the best for there country not bring it down.

if you do nothing prices will keep spiralling at least use your voice to try and do something.

But with the price of crude oil been as it is its only right the price is passed onto the motorist.

People moan about the tax we pay, would we rather pay less tax and all need private health care etc like in the USA?

Also i did not vote them in. I dont vote as there is no one worth voting for. They are all scum who will lie to you to get in then do fuckall different to the last lot.
GT190

6th Jun 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roadblock proberly isn't the best idea tbh.

but people do come on this forum every day complaining about fuel prices, and when someone says "lets do this" they just slate them.

Scotty C

6th Jun 08 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GT190

but people do come on this forum every day complaining about fuel prices, and when someone says "lets do this" they just slate them.

Because moddied corsa's wont do ANYTHING.
fir3vip3r

6th Jun 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
quote:

Because moddied corsa's wont do ANYTHING.

what difference does the car make?

bikers protested the other day, surely modded corsas are good it shows a universal dislike for the price were paying rather than just a select few
Scotty C

6th Jun 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the goverment know the whole nation is pissed because of the constant rise in the petrol prices

You'll just benifit better from a few 40tonners blocking the motorway up - gets the message out there and to goverment better, and quicker.

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Monster]
chris-sri

6th Jun 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road blocks will only be effective when it's HGV's that are involved because the disruption threatens the Uk's interests far more. The government aren't going to give a shit about a few modified cars blocking the road.
Colin

6th Jun 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO what we need to do is go out in convoy & hijack a tanker. We could store it in Willah's barn & have free fuel for life.
GT190

6th Jun 08 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel prices wont come down because of many reasons, which im sure most of you know.

bitching about them being high on a forum/driving slowly on a motorway isnt going to change anything
*JonnyG*

6th Jun 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: Lincolnshire police will not be coming, Leicestershire police are now coming. The Max guys will also be coming with us.

Right the name UK Modified Ridez, some of you aint happy about it, well if any of you was at mod nats, or the donny shows in the past, you will have seen our stand. This was our stand this year at mod nats...
*JonnyG*

6th Jun 08 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry the picture aint the best, stupid mobile phones for you.
nova_gteuk

6th Jun 08 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
driving slowly on a motorway isnt going to change anything

Yes but at least theres some people out there trying to improve things for the rest of us.

Unlike most people who sit back and just pay the stupid prices.
psycho sport

6th Jun 08 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
IMO what we need to do is go out in convoy & hijack a tanker. We could store it in Willah's barn & have free fuel for life.

I was thinking about this the other day, surely wont be long till people actually start doing this and setting up dodgy black market petrol pumps! Good on them i say!
Colin

6th Jun 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by psycho sport
quote:

I was thinking about this the other day, surely wont be long till people actually start doing this and setting up dodgy black market petrol pumps! Good on them i say!

Yeah dude, petrol tanker holds 1000's of liters of fuel, it would be more profitable than a bank robbery! Ive been thinking about it for a while, need a few folk involved, somewhere remote to store the tanker & a way to dispose afterwards......you in?

Im away to watch Mad Max for some inspiration.
M2RTY

6th Jun 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone knows the only way ther Government will listen to you properly is to start a group on Facebook

DannyB
Premium Member

6th Jun 08 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to you for making a stand, alot of people moan about it but do nothing about it so nice one.Nothing may come of it but atleast you tried, if every driver did this in the uk once a week then fat pants would have to start listening, but unfortunately its not as easy as that.
Fonz
Premium Member

6th Jun 08 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for those of you who say a road block will achieve nothing i disagree. ok so we wont see instant reductions in fuel cost but it will annoy the motorist, some have already said they would be annoyed if it got in their way and disrupted their life and its is this that would be the goal of the blockages.

if the motorists are annoyed then they have only one choice of who to be annoyed with, not the protesters, but the Government.
if the voting public is annoyed at the Government that will start to change things, it may take 6, 14 or even 43 blockages like this but enough annoyance caused to the British motorist will result in a very bad feeling towards the Government and there will be cause to force change.

i dont mean to agree with a blockage, or disagree but the reasons for it and the aim/goal i think is being missed.
Colin

6th Jun 08 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny_v6
Fair play to you for making a stand, alot of people moan about it but do nothing about it so nice one.Nothing may come of it but atleast you tried, if every driver did this in the uk once a week then fat pants would have to start listening, but unfortunately its not as easy as that.

Yeah but really its not best thought out, you'd do more damage if you spent a bit of time planning it & more boddies.

Dont intoroduce yourselves as a bunch of boy racers just go it as your disgruntelled motorists, then more people will support the cause & it could possibly work.

This idea reeks of a 5min plan drawn up on the back of a 20 deck of B&H on a evening sat in MakayDee's while indulging on a cheese burger.

If your going to do something, do it right.

I certainly wouldnt go out my way to drive down the motorway with a cruise site.....it gives the wrong message. The media (if at all interested) will make you's look stupid in the press!!
psycho sport

6th Jun 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by psycho sport
quote:

Yeah dude, petrol tanker holds 1000's of liters of fuel, it would be more profitable than a bank robbery! Ive been thinking about it for a while, need a few folk involved, somewhere remote to store the tanker & a way to dispose afterwards......you in?

Im away to watch Mad Max for some inspiration.

All over it!! Will start researching into the finer details of 'high jacking for dummies'!
psycho sport

6th Jun 08 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tankers hold 22,000 - 30,000L of fuel apparently...
I like those sums!
Colin

6th Jun 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That equation balances far better than £1.30 a litre from BP up the road. You'd save a fortune, that could last for years!!
Colin

6th Jun 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we burried the tanker under ground & used a hand pump to syphon the fuel it could go pretty much un noticed.

We need:

5 or 6 guys to pull it off.
Inside knowledge of tanker routes.
Romote location to store the vehicle once its been nicked.
Digger
Pump of some sort.

Disco
Fro

6th Jun 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Based on the tanker holding 30,000 litres

I could use a full tank every week for over 10 years

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by fro-dizzle]
Fro

6th Jun 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If we burried the tanker under ground & used a hand pump to syphon the fuel it could go pretty much un noticed.

We need:

5 or 6 guys to pull it off.
Inside knowledge of tanker routes.
Romote location to store the vehicle once its been nicked.
Digger
Pump of some sort.

Disco

couple of depots near me

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices. 22 database queries in 0.0165801 seconds