corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 172

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio 172
--DAN--

User status: Offline
12th Dec 08 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
My brother works for arnold clark so I get staff prices.

2 renault dealerships I went to made it very very difficult for me to get staff prices, even when I later went in with my brother, you'd think they'd try to help each other out.

I took mine in for a ps pump on warrenty and the ''technicians'' thrashed it and snapped the cambelt. Also tried to convince my mrs it needed new pads and discs all round a week after THEY had fitted new ones!
John

12th Dec 08 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even better than that regarding oil.

I can't remember what oil it takes but we'll say 5w40 for example here.

I knew fine well what it took and went in to ask for some, same guy that wouldn't give me discount said naa they take 10w40, I said what it actually takes, not what you put in, nup deifnitely 10w40.

Went away to ask in the workshop, came out still saying it was 10w40, complete clowns.
ash87

12th Dec 08 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Yeah just had to price up a Miltek as mines rattling....but its lasted 48k so its done well

some good discount offers from ktec on cliosport at the mo Fad if u havent seen them yet.

I have had mine since march, love it, had no problems so far bar the headlight steaming up! service are a tad expensive but my dad works at reno so i get it cheaper.
Fad

12th Dec 08 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will check that out cheers
Rob B

12th Dec 08 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Daimo quit preaching!

Parts are expensive and this is related to the high servicing costs.

36k including auxilary belt tensioner is over £500 and that just an oil change service. Its the labour for fitting the parts also that relate to the high costs.

My 48k service is comming up in the next month. Reno quoted me £380 inc vat for essentialy an oil change and a pollen filter and a check over the car. Mark Fish are going to do it now for around £40 less but thats still expeneive for a interim service I am sure you'll agree?

so far this year the rear disks cost me night on £350 and thats with me fitting them! not to mention the little sundries that add up.

A top mount just cost me £100 a top mount for my corsa cost £30

Also my 1.4 was so unreliable hence why it had the XE put in it.

Not to mention the varous sensors I had to replace on my Astra which I had done only 35k when I sold it?

[Edited on 12-12-2008 by Fad]

Fad your a proper moody fcuk recently. Im sure you've not become this aggressive in real life in the last few years so calm yourself a little, preaching indeed??

Didn't realise the prices were so high on Renaults, thats quite interesting tbh. Thats above german manufacture prices, going towards top end german servicing prices so i'd be hacked off too!!! I do find that a little concerning considering the company.

I never knew your 1.4 to be problematic? Quite reliable units bar head gaskets going, and early models having the paper gaskets go. What else went wrong?

Think you must have just had bad luck tbh. Our astras hit 35k so far and the engine hasn't missed a beat the whole time. Cars are always hit and miss. Renaults are known for their quality issues though you must admit.

As i say, I like clio sports so nothing against them

My x16xe same engine basically, had countless sensors fail luckily they were readily available second hand and valve stem seals go which is a very common and quite expensive problem as far as i'm aware.

I don't dislike Vauxhalls at all, loved my Corsa, but its annoying when people base Renault quality on car's like R5GT's etc, i mean my mates got a cavilier from the same era and my god, its standard and only done 92k and the rattles and bits falling off is terrible.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Dec 08 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might get one of these

seen a clio 182 local to me. and with my gearbox finally dead i might aswell
CORSA NUT

15th Dec 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving my 182 at the minute

No rattles etc and nothing wrong up to now..only thing i don't like it the harsh crashy suspension But for handling like it has i'll live with it
CORSA NUT

15th Dec 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and i wouldn't bother with a cup

I'd rather have all the comforts etc and they can keep the 0.1 of a second off the 0-60 time! Traction control dosn't cut in until it's really needed...ABS is essential IMO..
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Dec 08 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want the cup wheels
CORSA NUT

15th Dec 08 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like these??

Must admit i like the chunky ones on mine
AshGo

15th Dec 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rubbish picture of my 182 Cup. Is on just over 10k miles, has Recarros and fitted some Genuine Renault xenons. Done the badges anthracite the same as the weels and removed the stripes as i hated them. Non-cup has nothing i would really want other than extra weight.

So far not ive owned it 6months and not had anyproblems, its lowered 40mm and i dont find the ride hard at all but all previous cars have been on coilovers so that maybe me. No rattles as yet, couldnt be more please tbh.

http://www.piccdrop.com/images/1229362837.jpg

[Edited on 15-12-2008 by AshGo]
John

15th Dec 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They turini's look rubbish compared to the ones on you'rs corsa nut.
jr

15th Dec 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the issues arent they known for engine mounts falling off etc, andy h's mate eat 3 of them iirc

and we have an ex renault tech here at work who backs up that claim too

there a small french hot hatch, the build quality should be the least reason for buying one
SportBoy

15th Dec 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive done a few engine mounts on them at work .. not much goes wrong with them really aslong as there looked after and the cambelt and aux belt are changed at the right times .. there not the most solid of feeling cars but as said you dont buy them for that

[Edited on 15-12-2008 by SportyBoy]
John

15th Dec 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cambelt and auxbelt are forum scaremongering imo.
SportBoy

15th Dec 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive seen many a 16v reno engine with the aux belt shreaded and wrapped under the cambelt .. all because they havnt been changed since gods dog was a pup

John

15th Dec 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen anymore than any other random engine though.

To my knowledge my auxbelt still hadn't been done when I sold my 172 at 50ishk miles.
Guy that bought it had had something stupid like 7 previously and still had a v6 and didn't care about it either.
SportBoy

15th Dec 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been a mechanic for 10 years now and the only engines that fvckup when the auxbelt goes have been reno 16v and the reno diesels ,theres nothing the stop the belt getting dragged into the cambelt

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Dec 08 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes those wheels corsa nut
Mobby

15th Dec 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates got a trophy, and its beautiful!!

[Edited on 15-12-2008 by mobby]
Rob B

15th Dec 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They turini's look rubbish compared to the ones on you'rs corsa nut.

Disagree

John

15th Dec 08 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They make it look poverty spec imo, never liked them, does look much better when lowered though.
richc

15th Dec 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportyBoy
ive seen many a 16v reno engine with the aux belt shreaded and wrapped under the cambelt .. all because they havnt been changed since gods dog was a pup

Well lad at work had his 16v clio about 3 months.....the engine mount snapped nearly ripping the gearbox apart due to the weight...and now the cambelt has aparantly slipped and engine is fooked

I dont think he rates them much (but his wasnt a 172 so...)

EDIT

Also my very good friend just traded in his 2002 1.4 16v clio

He has had it a year and spent a fortune on keep it on the road.

Coils, cambelt, aux belt, tensioners (belts wear and tear but not cheap like a vaux corsa) cat was £600 from renault and this list goes on!

[Edited on 15-12-2008 by richc]
richc

15th Dec 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robs is awesome
Ecka

15th Dec 08 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great cars mate! Im a vauxhall enthusiast but i could'nt help falling in love with the cup

Im slowley starting to get where i want to go with mine. I drove the g/f's corsa sport the other night and i couldnt believe the differance on the 2 cars, obviasley power but the whole feel in the corsa just felt rubbish tbvh. As said there expensive if they break but treat them well and they will be fine, like any car really.

Go on you know you want one

[Edited on 15-12-2008 by Ecka]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 172 22 database queries in 0.0195930 seconds