corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Laser eye correction

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laser eye correction
sand-eel

User status: Offline
20th Dec 08 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can anti-glare your eyes
Jules

20th Dec 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only read Colins post - two words:

DO IT!!!*

*Repeat these words until you've done it!

Seriously, it has CHANGED my life, the best money I've ever spent and my only regret is not having it done years ago

DO IT!!
Jules

20th Dec 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin - any questions feel free to message me
pow
Premium Member

20th Dec 08 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now anti glare would be jeffing AWESOME
Ben G

21st Dec 08 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want this done as i wear contacts which cost me £60 every 3 months.

just worried about the risks and how long you need to wear glasses after the procedure?

Fraser Young

21st Dec 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a brief search for any evidence e.g. controlled trials etc I cant find any this morning. An interesting website located through the national (USA) library for medicine:

http://www.eyesurgeryeducation.com/Surgeon_Questions.html

'Tough questions for doctors' has a few interesting bits about procedure and complication rates and what have you. Though I am weary about how accurate these are without a large randomised trial to back them up.
mwg

21st Dec 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep thinking about it but I have really really bad eyesight so not sure if they could do anything for me?!
CORSA NUT

21st Dec 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep getting mine done on the 27th Canny wait!!! A bit nervous but it's understandable i suppose.

It's costing me 4k for both eyes and that's with Ultralase in Chester were loads of famous people go and they have the best safety records in the country so...Having Wavefront and laser cutting etc..the best.

The woman told me the consultation is worse than the actual procedure which is good as it was a pain in the arse was there for about 1 1/2 hours getting all sorts of eye tests done and they put drops in your eyes which dilate your pupils so you can't see fuck all for about 5 hours afterwards wierd.They measure the thickness of your cornea too and stab your eye 300 times with this little needle pen and you don't feel a thing.

My contacts are a pain in work when i'm working in dirty places etc and with us trying for a baby soon i don't want to be waking up in the middle of the night to look after him/her and not being able to see without them in!
CORSA NUT

21st Dec 08 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus when it's done she was confident i'd have better vision than a fighter pilot better than 20/20 when i did the tests.
Bart

21st Dec 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man im so tempted... just scared I think.

Which i think is only down to a lack of understanding.
Jules

21st Dec 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i want this done as i wear contacts which cost me £60 every 3 months.

just worried about the risks and how long you need to wear glasses after the procedure?

There are risks with any type of surgery - even having a tooth removed - but the practise of laser correction on eyes has been around for alonger than people probably expect and I'd consider it a fairly safe bet - the only question mark you could probably point to is what the long term effects will be in say 30+ years, but for me I'll be in my 60's by then and my eyesight will more than likely be going anyway!

Since I had mine done 3+ years ago I've not had to wear glasses once, the only time I might have to is when old age sets in and the muscles in the eye become weak and I'll need reading glasses - but that can, and will, happen to anyone and isn't related to the laser surgery.

Corsa nut - good luck with it, the only discomfort you'll feel are the initial eyedrops going in (which don't hurt) and the slight smell of burning once the laser does it's thing - and that only lasts a few seconds each eye anyway!

Bart you have u2u
CORSA NUT

22nd Dec 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Jules that's reassured me mate
MatthewR

23rd Dec 08 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone replied - HAVENT LOOKED INTO THIS - thought it was LOL
Robbo

23rd Dec 08 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why doe sit cost you £60 per quarter Ben? I pay £10 a month through SpecSavers for -2.25 on both eyes...
Fad

23rd Dec 08 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo it will depend if they are torric lenses mine are like £25 amonth but i get them free
MarkM

23rd Dec 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ROBBO!!!!!!!!

Me and you both have the same prescription!! I'm -2.25 too...have been since I was around 21. I will be going for the surgery next year at some point too many people speak too highly of it.

My contacts costs me £16 a month for monthly throw aways and and a monthly all in one solution... I pick them up every 3 months though so 3 sets of lenses and 3 bottles of solution...
Robbo

23rd Dec 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 1 montht hrowaways too... as I daid, £10 per motnh form specsavers... no in fact £8!!!!!!!!!!!!
MarkM

23rd Dec 08 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
I have 1 montht hrowaways too... as I daid, £10 per motnh form specsavers... no in fact £8!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that for all your solution too?
Robbo

23rd Dec 08 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, 3 lots each time... surevue i think the lenses are, J&J
MarkM

23rd Dec 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got a clue what mine are...
Tiger

29th Dec 08 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm taking my missus to have hers done in about 3 hours time. Cost £395 per eye with optical express. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tim
Site Administrator

29th Dec 08 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was -3.75 in both eyes, with a slight astigmatism...

Went to Ultralase in St Albans about 3 years ago now -- they were slightly cheaper back then, so got both eyes for £3200.

I had the full works (you only do it once right?!) including wavefront guided, iris recognition, anti-glare, etc, etc. I can look at a street lamp, or car headlight, with hardly any 'halo' around it...

I can't imagine what it was like to wake up and not be able to see. Going swimming, karting, skiing, etc -- so much better without glasses/contacts.

Only thing I miss about contacts is it now hurts when I get smoke in my eye
Tim
Site Administrator

29th Dec 08 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS: My dad has his done in 1995 at Optimax and he can still see perfectly (at 60)...
Kenni

29th Dec 08 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm definatley considering this.

Apparently, the older we get, if youre short sighted, youre eye sight will become better. Thats why older people tend to become long sighted if they had perfect vision before. Thats what my optician told me.
CORSA NUT

29th Dec 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS

The surgeon rang me up at 10.30 on the morning i was meant to get it done and said due to staff shortages he'd have to cancell my appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh

I'd been working myself up for days and days about it too Basically he was really sorry and said when i go back on the 19th of Feb i will be compensated

I had a week off booked too and that would have been perfect to recover and now i've got only 3 days in Feb to get over it then back to my dusty dirty job!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Laser eye correction 22 database queries in 0.0172830 seconds