corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plans for 2009

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plans for 2009
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Dec 08 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enjoy it more

Spend time with my mates, catch up with more old ones, the ones I really miss.

Find love.

Split the Fiesta and do something sensible with the money, not waste it.

Get another job.

Have a holiday.
Liam

27th Dec 08 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you sold the fiesta Robin?
Robin
Premium Member

27th Dec 08 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had, then it broke the gearbox the day before Warren was supposed to collect it so we came to an agreement and I refunded him, so I'm stuck with it and need somewhere to pull it apart.
Liam

27th Dec 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh. Shame.
Ojc

27th Dec 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure really.

We had planned to buy ourselves somewhere when the Astra was paid for in October, but with the country in complete financial meltdown it's kind of put things on a back burner.

So...

Save some money, have an expensive holiday and go to Nurburgring 3 times maybe more.
mwg

27th Dec 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save money. that is all
Bart

27th Dec 08 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Bart
I expect 2010 prices will be on the rise, since money is slowly starting to move between companies and banks etc, companies are slowly begining to loan again.

I'd say mid 2009 is the time

[Edited on 27-12-2008 by Bart]

It won't happen next year mate. Damage is done, will take ages to repair!

I agree, alot of damage has been done, but I dont think the house prices will continue to drop for another 2 years!
My in-laws are property developers and are slowly starting to sell houses at reasonable prices.

I cant see prices dropping for much more than another 8-10 months if that.

Can't see any glimmer of hope for the housing market yet. Even lettings have gone stagment. And 2010 isn't two years. It's one and 3 days

Developers round here are getting some good deals, but as soon as they are refurbed aren't getting great deals of interest.

There was the forcast that property prices will drop by 10% next year. They predicted this in the first quarter of 2008. Not saying the same will happen again - certainly not with the severity of what has happened during this year. But I do think that a 10% drop will be a minimum figure for 2009. Hell, most of that will probably happen in the first quarter with people reducing. There's no money to lend and no decent mortgage products. The only people moving are people that have to for work or are splitting up.

I think we'll have to wait and see

The lenders are getting amazing deals from the BOE now (talks of even 0% to get things moving quicker), and a number of lenders have already began reducing their rates (not mine unfortunatly ).

I personally dont think the government can let the prices crash too much or too many people will be much worse off then they are now, i.e massive negative equity.
Aaron

27th Dec 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope mortgage deals will start coming good around September 09 (and i think they will) because this is when i need to renew

Might buy a second property too
Colin

27th Dec 08 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there no point trying for a mortgage just now like? Is it really that bad??

I had hoped to start looking around May time, theres a couple houses around here been on the market for 6 months+ I had hoped to be able to make offers on if there still available.

Both me & Jade are starting new jobs on decent money & want to move somewhere bigger.

[Edited on 27-12-2008 by Colin]
Andrew

27th Dec 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aim of the thread was to see what people were aiming for as i'm looking for ideas for 2009.

Have Exchange 2007 exam booked in for 1st of January but don't know what else to do for the rest of the year.

Earn your age comes to mind.
Eck
Premium Member

27th Dec 08 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

I had hoped to start looking around May time, theres a couple houses around here been on the market for 6 months+ I had hoped to be able to make offers on if there still available.

Both me & Jade are starting new jobs on decent money & want to move somewhere bigger.

The mortgage business is on it's fucking arsehole just now mate. HBoS mortgage departments have been cut by about 3/4 over the UK Even if you can get a mortgage, it's for silly rates just now. It may improve by May, however I think it'll only get worse for the time being
Matt L

27th Dec 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my plans for 2009 are
keep my job,
complete my aat,
move onto acca,
go over to boston to meet gf when she goes over
hopefully do a view other things 2009 should be an amazing year providing all goes well
Colin

27th Dec 08 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

The mortgage business is on it's fucking arsehole just now mate. HBoS mortgage departments have been cut by about 3/4 over the UK Even if you can get a mortgage, it's for silly rates just now. It may improve by May, however I think it'll only get worse for the time being

Hmmm not good. Hope it sorts itself out soon then

I had planned to treat myself to a new car but im not sure I could handle the silly depreciation if its to continue into next year. Im going to sell the golf soon as I start my new job & start work on the old mini & use it I think.
Colin

27th Dec 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Aim of the thread was to see what people were aiming for as i'm looking for ideas for 2009.

Have Exchange 2007 exam booked in for 1st of January but don't know what else to do for the rest of the year.

Earn your age comes to mind.

Ive got exams Mid January, training course End January & then more exams in June.

Earn your age is still 18 months off but when it eventually comes it will be almost double my age so worth the wait!!

Andrew

27th Dec 08 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i was at uni i knew after the 4 years i would have something. Now i just need something to aim for really.
Robbo

28th Dec 08 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Achieved that 4 years ago, tis a very ncie feelign to have accomplished that

I'm glad I'm not as old as my wage though
Colin

28th Dec 08 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you spend it all on Robert? Do you have a bed made out of money?
Robbo

28th Dec 08 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL I wish! I live on my own in quite a big and relativ ely posh flat which eats most of my money, then petrol as well etc

Try and save as much a sposs so cna buy my own place at some point!
Bart

28th Dec 08 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If you already have a mortgage then you will have no trouble getting another mortgage (most probably), but its likely to be around 5.5%.

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Im not sure thats going to be the case. The BOE have already lowered their rates to naff all, several mortgage companies have already began lowering their rates to follow. When the remaining lenders follow suit (hopefully mine included!) it should bring back some competition.

We're already seen big improvements from the lenders, so to say its going to get worse, it probably wont

*just my opinion of course *
CORSA NUT

28th Dec 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Start a family

Whilst in the Dominican Republic on a 5 star all inclusive holiday
dannymccann

28th Dec 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get registered at an NHS dentist and have a check up is the first job I think
RCS

28th Dec 08 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick in at uni
Win a race
Find another job
Go to Finland
Be more organised with my money
Buy a new car
Find a girl
loubielou

28th Dec 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start saving some money
Sammii

28th Dec 08 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully get the full time job thats going at work atm, then move out of my parents house and hopefully start a family get a better car too!!
a_j_mair

28th Dec 08 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save money
buy a new car
go on more holidays/nights away
become member of CIAT
try and get more work done to the house

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plans for 2009 22 database queries in 0.0138690 seconds