corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when isit time to settle down?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when isit time to settle down?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Dec 08 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23 still single loving it
Mobby

29th Dec 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
if you are with someone but feel like you should be going out slaying slags then thats probably because you feel like you've missed out on potentially loads of sex with different girls or your current squeeze is crap.

make sure you are together for the right reasons and not for the typical ones like, you're comfortable and its the ideal situation at the time

yeah i do feel i missed out at that time. shes not crap at all. shes top of the range in my eyes, definitely settling down material. shes ready to settle down and everything but remember shes 21. im a very weird person imo so im unsure if every woman will put up with what she has
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Dec 08 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heh what is your definition of settling down then? being with a girl for 3+ years is pretty settled imo. Eitherway it doesnt really matter, as long as you are both happy do as you please, marriage is a piece of paper, engagement is a mechanism created by man to keep a woman quiet for 1-3 years before marriage. Just be happy.
l15ter

29th Dec 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
23 still single loving it

Fad

29th Dec 08 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
engagement is a mechanism created by man to keep a woman quiet for 1-3 years before marriage. Just be happy.

Couldn't of put it better myself
Half Pint

29th Dec 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it works....
Warren G

29th Dec 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
engagement is a mechanism created by man to keep a woman quiet for 1-3 years before marriage. Just be happy.

Couldn't of put it better myself

Fad

29th Dec 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
it works....

Really?

I think there is a price to pay for that silence in exchage for a ring....

Bonney

29th Dec 08 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im never settling down. Partly because i can never find the right person, and also because lifes too short o be tied down. In a few years that might change but thats the way i see it at the moment.

You are brought into the world with nothing, So why leave and leave everything tou own for someone else to appreciate.
Robbo

29th Dec 08 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would give my right arm to settle down, Im 27 and well ready for it... I know the person I want it to be with but is not gonna happen so just have to wait I guess... whats meant to be will be I hope
Nath

29th Dec 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm settling down now. I'll be 26 next year and I'm done with going out and getting pissed up and stuff. I don't even want to do all that anymore. It's not a case of can't as I have a missus, it's that I don't want to. Every now and then is alright. But when I was a bit younger I always wanted to go out and get pissed up. I've met the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I'll probably move in with her early next year. Then all the stuff that comes with that. Engaged, married, kid..... I'm more than happy to get that ball rolling
Robbo

29th Dec 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bless Nath

Yep you will all eventually realise as you get older that bars that look great are just full of pisse dup youngsters who keep barging into you and standign on your feet and knocking your drinks out of your hands

Last night for example I went round to see my ex and we had a couple of our friends round and had dinner and it was awesome, every bit as good as going out at night!
Fad

29th Dec 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd think with getting older you'd man up a bit too
Pablo

29th Dec 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

25 and i just got engaged, very happy
Nath

29th Dec 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're not wrong Robbo. Bloody whipper-snappers.

I had more fun when my mate and his girlfriend came over my missus place and we played board games, then the last time I went out on the piss That's how rock'n'roll I've become.

[Edited on 29-12-2008 by Nath]
Robbo

29th Dec 08 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
You'd think with getting older you'd man up a bit too
Go fuck yourself Faddles

Fad

29th Dec 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snappy snappy Robbo
Robbo

29th Dec 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only cos u know I heart you
Fad

29th Dec 08 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren G

29th Dec 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man up boy (this is what fad tells me )
J da Silva

29th Dec 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sigibbons
Mate you will always find somone the same as her, if your realationship is that good you will be together when the time comes.

The biggest cliche ever, which infact is a load of crap.

Mobby you will no doubt have relationships which at the time appear invincable and your feelings for that person 'at that time' are strong and you don't plan on seeing anyone else.
With certain situations in life, comes changes, sometimes with you, or your partner or just the relationship in general.
So there isn't any real defining answer, although in my personal experience I had 3 relationships which I thought was the 'one' and I met my current partner now I realise the previous ones were not as good, 6 years later we're still together, 2 kids and a well run household, so you just have to be aware of where a relationship can go based on your situation.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Dec 08 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents where married with a house, mortgage and all that comes with it by my age, the thought of that scares the shit out of me

I'm 22 in a couple of weeks, I've never had a serious relationship, tbh I've barely had a relationship. 3 times longest lasting 3 weeks, all when I was between 5 and 14

I'm not one for going out getting bladdered, I don't drink, I spend most Friday and Saturday nights sat in watching telly. I know I should be doing stuff and actually living but my laziness and lack of money means I can't be bothered with the effort and can't afford to be going out all the time so watching telly seems easier

[Edited on 29-12-2008 by Mike B]
Robbo

29th Dec 08 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amen Jiz!
Robin
Premium Member

29th Dec 08 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me, it's all about being ready for it, or feeling that you are.

At the moment, I feel old enough and ready enough to settle down if the situation should arise.

However, financially, I don't think I'm mature enough (using my head, although my heart would probably overpower that when it came to it)

I've wanted to settle down for a while, something to do with not being comfortable being alone I guess.

A few years ago, I thought I was with 'the one' but looking back, it wouldn't have worked. If I'd met her now, maybe, but neither of us were mature enough then.

Maybe thinking you're ready and actually being ready are different, and maybe thinking is actually hoping? I don't know.

That's a pretty useless post reading it back
Robbo

29th Dec 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes perfect sense to me Robin

I hate being alone as well, some people are cut out for it and others aren't... its surviving the times when you are that defines yoiu

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when isit time to settle down? 22 database queries in 0.0537062 seconds