corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Top selling cars of 2008

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Top selling cars of 2008
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
7th Jan 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Just your usual Audi blinkers?

I don't have any blinkers on, my car is a car. I don't care for it, I don't care for any brand.

You just make me laugh with your sweeping statements. If VW/Audi/BMW are all so shit, why do people buy them, why do they still command a premium? Because fact is they are better cars.

people buy them on past reputation thats all it is. doesnt mean they are still better than other equivelants. to me, thats a blinkered opinion. unable to accept other makes might be better these days, and cheaper.
Ojc

7th Jan 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is critising? You are, not me. You just don't want to believe that Vauxhall make good cars
Joe

7th Jan 09 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I never said they were shit? Please point out to me where I said they are shit? I said over priced and no longer as good as they were and no longer miles ahead of the so called "premium branded" cars.

Ok, you haven't in this thread but its always what you are implying. Are they over-priced or are Vauxhall/Ford etc just cheap?

They imo definatly still a mile ahead, Vaux have come a long way but they still have alot to do. Still using cheap nasty plastics, never feel well put together.

In my opinion, I know it doesn't count as its not pro-vauxhall.
Joe

7th Jan 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

people buy them on past reputation thats all it is. doesnt mean they are still better than other equivelants. to me, thats a blinkered opinion. unable to accept other makes might be better these days, and cheaper.

Do they though? Would you go to a showroom and go 'thats an Audi, must be good' surely people still test drive, check out the interior etc. You wouldn't splash out £20k+ on a reputation.

Whittie

7th Jan 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
1) Ford Focus – 101,593
2) Vauxhall Corsa – 99,574
3) Ford Fiesta – 94,989
4) Vauxhall Astra – 90,641
5) VW Golf – 65,029
6) Peugeot 207 – 53,462
7) BMW 3 Series – 49,384
8) Ford Mondeo – 44,150
9) Vauxhall Zafira – 43,169
10) Vauxhall Vectra – 42,555

Two Fords, two Vauxhalls. Lots of people in this country have good taste

Or no money.
Joe

7th Jan 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Who is critising? You are, not me. You just don't want to believe that Vauxhall make good cars

I will believe it when I see it, the only newish Vauxhall that impresses me is the new Corsa, but that is only the drive of it. Its too harsh, imo but it does drive well. The rest of the car isn't great, but thats the last time I have actually been in a Vauxhall and been impressed.
Ojc

7th Jan 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They aren't a mile ahead, that is 100% blinkers, never in a million years are they better anymore. They are exactly the same, both the Focus and the Astra are as good as the A3/Golf and in some cases better.

What car is this?

Joe

A Golf? Scirocco?
deano87

Fight fight fight.
Ojc

7th Jan 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:

Do they though? Would you go to a showroom and go 'thats an Audi, must be good' surely people still test drive, check out the interior etc. You wouldn't splash out £20k+ on a reputation.

My sister doesn't she won't buy a Vauxhall because it's a Vauxhall, she is blinkered even after all these years and all the issues she has had with her VW's
Nic Barnes

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:

but thats the thing. if you believe the reputation, when you test drive it, you will still be thinking this is the best there is, even if it isnt.

big problem with vauxhall is theyre looked down at in all ways. as a good family car, as a performance car, as a sensible option to buy etc. you seem to think that, which is going on past reputation. so surely you can see people still do the same for audi.
Joe

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
They aren't a mile ahead, that is 100% blinkers, never in a million years are they better anymore. They are exactly the same, both the Focus and the Astra are as good as the A3/Golf and in some cases better.

Again, why is it blinkers? I am in Vauxhalls all day every day at work, and my blinkered view is that my 52 reg Audi is much better screwed together than anything from Vaux I have been in.
Ojc

7th Jan 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Scirocco

Are you telling me those plastics look any better than a Vauxhall? You have got to be having me on.
Joe

7th Jan 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:

My sister doesn't she won't buy a Vauxhall because it's a Vauxhall, she is blinkered even after all these years and all the issues she has had with her VW's

Well your sister is a fool.
Ojc

7th Jan 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Again, why is it blinkers? I am in Vauxhalls all day every day at work, and my blinkered view is that my 52 reg Audi is much better screwed together than anything from Vaux I have been in.

Jr will disagree and he works with Audi's all day long.
Joe

7th Jan 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Scirocco

Are you telling me those plastics look any better than a Vauxhall? You have got to be having me on.

You can't tell by looking, you have to sit in a car, have a poke around. That proves nothing.
Joe

7th Jan 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Ok, so why not listen to me about Vauxhalls then when I work with them all day long?
Nic Barnes

7th Jan 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Ok, so why not listen to me about Vauxhalls then when I work with them all day long?

becuase your opinion is based on a hatred founded on past reputation of cars from the 1990's perhaps?
Ojc

7th Jan 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:

Well your sister is a fool.

She is, she won't listen to me. Golf GTi yadda yadda yadda all day long, won't try anything else. She won't even drive my Astra, it's almost like she doesn't want to drive it and then like it.
Ojc

7th Jan 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This dash has the same finish as my Astra

Joe

7th Jan 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

becuase your opinion is based on a hatred founded on past reputation of cars from the 1990's perhaps?

My opinion is based on having to work with them? I don't have to like/dislike them, I just don't think they are up to the standards of other manufacturers? I like old Vauxhalls, as does everyone at my work, solid, reliable cars. My opinion is purely that, just an opinion.
Adam_B

I love that argument, i work with such and such a make so i know there shit! Yeah cos people bring perfectly fine working cars to garages dont they
Tommy L

Comparing the build quality of my audi and my friends 57 astra, the audi build quality is better the astra.

I don't see vauxhall as your premium rate or whatever car. They have come a long way over the last few years and their range of cars is impressive imo.

But atm Audi, VW etc have built up a reputation for themselves over the years. Vauxhall (and others) are playing catch up to get as good/a better reputation.
Nic Barnes

7th Jan 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom

But atm Audi, VW etc have built up a reputation for themselves over the years. Vauxhall (and others) are playing catch up to get as good/a better reputation.

thats it exactly, its all done on reputation, and past reputations. it doesnt matter if a vectra or whatever theyre called now is better, past reputation tells you an audi is better, which might not be the case. but reputation is something everyone takes into account on matters such as this.
Joe

7th Jan 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I love that argument, i work with such and such a make so i know there shit! Yeah cos people bring perfectly fine working cars to garages dont they

But when preparing 57/08 reg cars for going to the new customer you can build an opinion?

I'm just talking about why I think Vauxhall are cheaper/other brands command a premium.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Top selling cars of 2008 22 database queries in 0.0156071 seconds