corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jade goody.............

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jade goody.............
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 09 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nova seems to have it spot on. I am actually horrified at anyone trying to undermine the bravery of terminally ill people. I honestly find that upsetting.

Also on the point of Jade Goody, all we know is what the papers say. Nobody knows exactly where her money is going or the work she may be doing trying to inspire other sufferers through charity etc. How does a few newspaper/magazine interviews mean she isn't spending all the time possible with her friends and family? It's just like continuing to work.

On the other hand however, I think if all this coverage continues she'll die with absolutely no dignity at all and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
nik

4th Feb 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lost my Mum to cancer, some of the comments in this thread are a joke. If you ever go through something like that you might understand it a little better. I don't particularly agree with what Jade is doing BUT if she is raising money for her Children then fair play.
Ellis

4th Feb 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, seen my mother go through cancer - not nice at all...

I admire her bravery in everyway, dealing with knowing the date that which you may day would be horrible
a_j_mair

4th Feb 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
On the other hand however, I think if all this coverage continues she'll die with absolutely no dignity at all and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

nail head my point
sand-eel

4th Feb 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of those comments on the site are a bit mental especially "slowpoke" (probably someone on here) I found rather amusing.
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
quote:

nail head my point

My idol Paul Hunter,had lots of media coverage with his illness, he was in all the mags etc and he died with dignity imo.
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Feb 09 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was sitting in a pub with Paul Hunters mum and dad in Leeds a few weeks before he found out he had it, we just missed him as he flew to Ireland for a comp. My brother was good mates with him.

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by DannyB]
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw him out drinking in swansea once with mathew stevens,he is a legend,snooker is the only sport that interest's me.he was such a good player i remember weatching him one year and he was playing with a broken leg in a cast, first player to have ever done it.

DannyB
Premium Member

4th Feb 09 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother was a pro snooker player, I grew up around people like Paul, never got to meet him though. My brother played golf with him every week. Quite a few good stories too.
Doug

4th Feb 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a look on that site...

Some of the comments!

Name: Mudkip
Prediction Friday 10th April 2009 @ 18:44
Pre-condolences I would also like to masturbate onto Jade Goody's smooth egglike head then rub the ejaculate in with a slow clockwise "wax-on" motion.

J da Silva

4th Feb 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know Jade, and the way she put herself across on TV I certainly don't like her, sad although it is, there is more than 1 person on the planet with this horrid disease, many with worse odds than Jade, yet they go un-noticed and the fact she is milking it in the media and doing documentaries is making a mockery of all the ill people in the world.
a_j_mair

4th Feb 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
quote:
quote:

nail head my point

My idol Paul Hunter,had lots of media coverage with his illness, he was in all the mags etc and he died with dignity imo.

bet he was doing it to raise awareness and try to help others though

edit: and he was a naturally talented young man, in the spotlight due to his sport and his own achievments

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by a_j_mair]
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

nail head my point

bet he was doing it to raise awareness and try to help others though

And isnt jade doing that? ok shes making money out of it and i say good on her,but shes raising awareness of cancer by doing everything in public id of thought and by raising awarness its helping others.

I wonder how many women have had tests now to see if they have it,im sure a lot mnore than normal.

Why is her earning money such a big problem for people? shes not going to be around to spend it so its going to go to her kids and any parents would do the same.
J da Silva

4th Feb 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of awareness charity events has Goody done by the way? I've not really read much of her story.
Nath

4th Feb 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I wonder how many women have had tests now to see if they have it,im sure a lot mnore than normal.

Do me a favour

Women are going to get tested because of Jades case?!
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Do me a favour

Women are going to get tested because of Jades case?!

A lot of women already have though,as they where asking people in the street earlier on bbc news
Nath

4th Feb 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many people did they interview to get those desired answers?

My guess is it wasn't 6 out of 6......

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by Nath]
John

4th Feb 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She is and always has been a scrounger who'd do whatever she can to make some money.

It's not her fault that the public are people like nova and spend money buying the magazines that pay her but this has nothing to do with people who have terminal illnesses being brave.
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but by raising awareness will im sure make more people want to check.

Or dont you understand all this awareness crap?

John

4th Feb 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She hasn't raised awareness at all.

Or are people who read the sort of shit she's in that thick that they haven't heard of cancer before?
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
She hasn't raised awareness at all.

Or are people who read the sort of shit she's in that thick that they haven't heard of cancer before?

Not all people bother to have the tests though ,what do most people say it will never happen to me.

And by appearing in the media she is making people aware of what could happen and what happens if you dont get check ups.

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by nova_gteuk]
J da Silva

4th Feb 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I asked the question John, nobody who has backed Jade in here has answered it.
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just did
J da Silva

4th Feb 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done, I didn't actually see the post when I replied.......
However, her PA must be the worst PA on Earth if she's advising Jade to rasie awareness in this manner, it's poor.

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by J da Silva]
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway im off, i dont get why people are so fucked off shes making money,or being a so called scrounger.

Shes made millions for herself for basically doing naff all and that is fuckin clever,none of the other big brother contestants have mad as much as her from big brother so she must be doing something right.

I dont like jade or have i ever liked jade,but i think its disgusting that people can say things like this about her.

And yes shes not the only one in the world with a terminal illlness but that doesnt mean she doesnt eserve the same sympathy as anyone else.

Im sure you wouldnt laugh if you where in her shoes.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jade goody............. 22 database queries in 0.0140641 seconds