corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 182

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio 182
mwg

User status: Offline
27th Feb 09 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Clios are ok but not the lightest, conseqently it blunts acceleration somewhat. ive driven 172/182 and neither of them screamed fun factor at me.

Id be tempted with an astra gsi turbo mk4 making a bit of a saving with loads more potential.

You say a the Clio didn't scream fun factor to you but then recommend an Astra GSi

The Renaultsport Clio's are a right hoot to drive. I struggled to get the seat position right for me but the way they go round corners is 2nd to none
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brabus
S3 might have more power, but then it is more expensive like for like. Also its all down to taste, the above might be classed as 'womens' cars (even though i have personally never in my life seen a woman driving a Lupo GTi, Cooper S works or brabus Roadster, maybe the lower range model of each), however i would much rather be seen in each than a S3. Everyone knows chicks dig Minis

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Brabus]

lol, well one of my female friends has a jcw mini, another has a brabus roadster, another has a lupo gti and another has a clio 182. None of my male friends would ever consider them as they do have a girly status.

You are right though, chicks dig mini's - but then they think your cute as you drive a cute car. Cute guys dont get the pussy though, they get to be friends with the chicks while the bad boys get to bone the bitches

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by DizzyRebel]
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
quote:
Clios are ok but not the lightest, conseqently it blunts acceleration somewhat. ive driven 172/182 and neither of them screamed fun factor at me.

Id be tempted with an astra gsi turbo mk4 making a bit of a saving with loads more potential.

You say a the Clio didn't scream fun factor to you but then recommend an Astra GSi

The Renaultsport Clio's are a right hoot to drive. I struggled to get the seat position right for me but the way they go round corners is 2nd to none

It was in the same price range, and to me its an fwd car with torsion beam rear axle so they are all the same and with the right mods one will never out handle another.

I have to ask though, what have you been in to say they handle 2nd to none? 2nd to none against others in their class or 2nd to none against any other vehicle on the road?
Brabus

27th Feb 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
S3 might have more power, but then it is more expensive like for like. Also its all down to taste, the above might be classed as 'womens' cars (even though i have personally never in my life seen a woman driving a Lupo GTi, Cooper S works or brabus Roadster, maybe the lower range model of each), however i would much rather be seen in each than a S3. Everyone knows chicks dig Minis

lol, well one of my female friends has a jcw mini, another has a brabus roadster, another has a lupo gti and another has a clio 182. None of my male friends would ever consider them as they do have a girly status.

You are right though, chicks dig mini's - but then they think your cute as you drive a cute car. cute guys dont get the pussy though, they get to be friends while the bad boys get the bitches

You have far fetched female friends

Evenyone knows mens health cover model pretty boys get all the pussy no matter what car they drive
Simon L

27th Feb 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 200bhp Ibiza Cupra used to push clio cups out of the way, so my 275TT would obliterate them. But thats just a straight line.

I enjoy having the haldex 4wd, as probably 70% of the time the roads are wet, and ive almost forgot what its like to have wheel spin.

It does get a bit dull sometimes, thats why i'm looking to get something a bit more fun.
Baskey

27th Feb 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car mentioned has a torsion beam ?

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Baskey]
mwg

27th Feb 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are you wanting me to list everything I've ever driven to justify myself now?
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

You are right though, chicks dig mini's - but then they think your cute as you drive a cute car. cute guys dont get the pussy though, they get to be friends while the bad boys get the bitches

You have far fetched female friends

Evenyone knows mens health cover model pretty boys get all the pussy no matter what car they drive

Far fetched? no i just have female friends who have a bit of an interest in cars. i could quite happily give your their phone numbers to ask if they own said vehicles. Just face it they arent the true choice of a hetrosexual petrolhead.

Nah not all prettyboys pull, girls dont like lads who spend more time tarting themselves up than they do
Fad

27th Feb 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it really worth arguing over look how old this chump is and he thinks he is a "driving god"

I'll rather listen to the likes of race car drivers and decent motoring press over this guy
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
what car mentioned has a torsion beam ?

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Baskey]

Torsion beam rear axle is whats fitted to any fwd car that doest have independant rear suspension. It seriously compromises handling. Civic VTi and Focus RS are the only cars i know off the top of my head that dont have a torsion beam rear.
John

27th Feb 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google only gets you so far dizzy.
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So are you wanting me to list everything I've ever driven to justify myself now?

No, i just asked what you have driven to say the clio is the best handling car on the road. Not only did i outpace one in a V6 corsa (the driver of the clio was arguably better than me too) but ive been in some serious cars that would wipe the floor with a french hatch in the handling stakes
Fad

27th Feb 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How reltive is this to cost these cars that wipe the floor with the Mini Cooper S/Clio 182 etc

Also pics of your imaginery friends are needed

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Fad]
Brabus

27th Feb 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Is it really worth arguing over look how old this chump is and he thinks he is a "driving god"

I'll rather listen to the likes of race car drivers and decent motoring press over this guy

TBH ive set my team off on a project at work, so am just sat here bored and need a little light hearted entertainment, this guy fits the bill nicely
mwg

27th Feb 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No, i just asked what you have driven to say the clio is the best handling car on the road. Not only did i outpace one in a V6 corsa (the driver of the clio was arguably better than me too) but ive been in some serious cars that would wipe the floor with a french hatch in the handling stakes

I'm guessing that dual didn't involve much cornering...

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Matty G]
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
How reltive is this to cost these cars that wipe the floor with the Mini Cooper S/Clio 182 etc

Thats why i asked if he was saying the clio was the best in its class or the best on the road. In its class its arguable but if hes saying its the best handling car on the road ive been in all sorts of exotica that say otherwise.

I can give you pics of them but what does that acheive?
Fad

27th Feb 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was on Route 66 I hear....wiped the floor
Fad

27th Feb 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

I can give you pics of them but what does that acheive?

Its a start to working our way through all your bs
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm guessing that dual didn't involve much cornering...

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Matty G]

Actually it was all corners, whats the point in a straightline race?
whitter45

27th Feb 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
A 225bhp S3 audi WILL be faster, my mates standard LCR leaves them for dead so the audi will be the same I suspect.

Handling wise the clio will be a bit better and as for losing money you can pick up BOTH for good money but the audi is generally more expansive I would have thought

not really as the 4wd makes the S3 a very heavy car and standard S3's are shocking for handling

the 4wd is shite
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad

I could show you a picture of any girl from my folders on my computer and you would be none the wiser. if your ever in lincoln i could get the girls together in their cars to show you up though.

Why would i bullshit about having mates with medicre cars anyway? surely if i wanted to bs id say they all have ferraris and porsches?
Ojc

27th Feb 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooofff, Joe is going to explode
Brabus

27th Feb 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

I could show you a picture of any girl from my folders on my computer and you would be none the wiser. if your ever in lincoln i could get the girls together in their cars to show you up though.

Why would i bullshit about having mates with medicre cars anyway? surely if i wanted to bs id say they all have ferraris and porsches?

They all sound like chav petrol head lady boys to me but of course they all look like Girls Aloud.

Fad

27th Feb 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it is Joe? Has essence de northern cunt about it doesnt it?
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually 2 of them are very fit, ones worth a shag and the other is probably a 2 pinter.

And yes im from the east midlands which is northern to you.

i could post pictures for proof but are they really necessary? id hate to go off topic from discussing clio 182's

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 182 22 database queries in 0.0156960 seconds