corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Blob Eye Scooby vs EVO 6 TME

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blob Eye Scooby vs EVO 6 TME
Marc

User status: Offline
20th Mar 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
reddish blue WTF

Was a blue similar to sonic blue that UK Turbos came in.
Gareth

20th Mar 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of the 2 i would go for the blob sti as i couldnt go back to vi after an viii mr
BluKoo

21st Mar 09 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The question you have to ask yourself is, do you want an Evo because its an Evo? Or do you want it purely for the driving experience?

If you want a cool evo, then you can't beat a TME.

If you want a decent drivers car that you'll fall in love with every time you hit an A road, then i reckon you want a newer one.

I've never actually been in an evo though, so don't take my word for it.

c20let - If i ever see you out and about, i might wave you down and see if you'll take me for a spin so i can actually say i've been in an evo.
I know its not a major achievement just being in an Evo, but i've been in a Scooby, so its only fair a get a taste of the rival
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Mar 09 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having only been in a classic shape impreza, I can't really say that much, apart from I loved it. The noise, the acceleration, the grip, the smoothness of the gear change, the looks people give you when it's on boost, I love everything about subarus. I really like the look of the bug eye though, that or a hawk eye. I've never been in an Evo but for looks, I'd rather the Evo over the subaru.
Jay

21st Mar 09 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Plenty of WR1's around the £12k mark! Colour is a bit marmite but I like it myself!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/820581.htm

Thats the best colour that.
allza

21st Mar 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for the 05 spec blob eye, best of all imo. You get dccd with them. Also you get the wider track and 5x114 wheel spacing rather than 5x100. All blob stis have bullet proof engine and box. Engine can take 500 bhp even without touching internals. Also Jap models will come with twin scroll turbo and equal lenght exhaust so wont have the burble, although quicker than uk standard. You can identify them by the rear wiper.

[Edited on 21-03-2009 by allza]
SVM 286

21st Mar 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Blob eye STI with PPP for me! If you can get one in white they look mega!

TME's are getting a bit old now, most that Ive seen just lately are looking a bit tatty!

Your almost in Hawk Eye territory actually! Think they look good and pretty rare too!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/947808.htm

Of course. There's been three hideous Imprezas now hasn't there. Or four if you include the new hatchback variant.
SVM 286

21st Mar 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Evo looks old and daft.

Jam, don't be ridiculous. Unless of course you're referring to all variants after the VI which look like Montegos to one extent or another.

Pre Evo VI - Bland/dated

Post VI - Montego

What was that amazing white thing that Ralliart did? It was an Evo 6 with Ralliart stripes, shiney wheels, a huge pipe and lots of power. It was reviewed on Fifth Gear.

I'd have one of those, or if I was buying an Impreza, it'd have to be a nice, mint, one owner 22B/Type R-RA/P1.
Stu

21st Mar 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
What was that amazing white thing that Ralliart did? It was an Evo 6 with Ralliart stripes, shiney wheels, a huge pipe and lots of power. It was reviewed on Fifth Gear.

There was an Evo VI Extreme?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/920761.htm
AK

21st Mar 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Of course. There's been three hideous Imprezas now hasn't there. Or four if you include the new hatchback variant.

I actually quite like the higer end new Imprezas... saw a nice one at the Singapore motorshow

The bug eyed one is minging, the rest are nice.

Evo 5 and 6 = ok, Evo 7 and 8 = nice, Evo 9 quite nice, Evo 10 - yum

Stu

21st Mar 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasnt there somewhere lately selling new WRX Impreza's for about £12k?

[Edited on 21-03-2009 by Stu]
Bram

21st Mar 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Motorpoint
SVM 286

21st Mar 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:

There was an Evo VI Extreme?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/920761.htm

That seems to fit the bill Stu. It was in the 450bhp region. The one i'm familiar with is much prettier though. Full length stripes and nicer wheels, plus it really looked the part in white.
SVM 286

21st Mar 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from the back lights that doesn't actually look so bad in black Adam.
Stu

21st Mar 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the Evo info you will ever need:
http://www.evoowners.co.uk/f10/evo-model-information-37.html

A white Extreme:
SVM 286

21st Mar 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice

I remember the red detail now. That's probably what stuck out to me. Finishes it off nicely I think.

I've only ever seen one on the road. What an eyefull.
DizzyRebel

21st Mar 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been in and driven a collection of evos and scoobys. 10-12k is evo 8+ territory not evo 6.

The evos always have felt a bit lighter, a bit more fragile but they also feel that bit more exciting and agile to am impreza. also after having been in an evo 8 FQ330 on a top speed run, they will push 170mph (regardless of factory posted claims, this was gps verified) so have the higher top speed. They are also more tuneable and dont sound like a single cylinder engine either.

Imprezas generally feel a bit more planted and solid, albeing a little more laid back and not as precise an an evo. They are also not as tunable (350bhp before you need uprated pistons) and sound crap untill you get an equal length manifold to get rid of that offbeat single cylinder drone they kick out.

For sheer driving pleasure id be looking at an evo 8, they are the overall better performing car but be warned of an extensive maintenance schedule that if not adhered to will cost you dearly.

If you want a more laid back car thats slightly less focussed then get the impreza, they still have an intensive maintenance schedule but its not quite as meticulous as the evo.

Overall you cant go wrong with either car as they are both brilliant practical performance cars.

Other cars to consider would be the BMW E46 M3, Audi R/S4, Skyline GTR, Focus RS
flybikeslee

21st Mar 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id happily have either, the evo would tip it on looks for me though

[Edited on 21-03-2009 by flybikeslee]
mad_mike252

21st Mar 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK

21st Mar 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uhuh?
allza

21st Mar 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impreza internals on the blob eye are really strong. Much more than 350, thats the classic scoobs. Loads of 450+ on standard internals. GRD have one running at 520bhp on standard internals. Also scoobs are just as tunable.
Stu

21st Mar 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by allza
Also scoobs are just as tunable.

To be fair I think the Subaru's have overtaken the Evo's in the tuning stakes!
Wrighty

21st Mar 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
Also scoobs are just as tunable.

To be fair I think the Subaru's have overtaken the Evo's in the tuning stakes!

i wouldnt be SO sure
DizzyRebel

21st Mar 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Impreza internals on the blob eye are really strong. Much more than 350, thats the classic scoobs. Loads of 450+ on standard internals. GRD have one running at 520bhp on standard internals. Also scoobs are just as tunable.

My step dads got an RB320 running 350bhp, and has been advised by scoobyworld and some of the top scooby tuners in the uk that 350bhp on standard internals is about the maximum you can safely run it at...

As to the impreza ovetaking the evo on tuneability, ive seen 1100bhp evos from the uk... afaik jun auto only get about 650 from an impreza...
Stu

21st Mar 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since I sold my P1 I have lost interest in Jap cars.........as you do when you buy a different kind of car, all your focus and interest becomes around the car you have, if that makes sense.

It just seems that when I had my P1 and I was interested in that scene it was like the Evo's dominated, especially at events like TOTB. Just seems the other way round at the moment, although I could be completely wrong!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Blob Eye Scooby vs EVO 6 TME 22 database queries in 0.0179090 seconds