corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Putting weight on.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Putting weight on.....
radicalry00

User status: Offline
26th Mar 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too bad Barnshaw but there are MUCH better carb choices than brown bread. The only complex carbs I have are oats, brown rice and brown pasta occasionally.

Also, although you've got some good EFAs in there with the brazils and peanut butter, I'd add some omega 3 oils in there.
DizzyRebel

26th Mar 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Well your diet is definately setting yourself up for a nice high bodyfat percentage!

I read something about body types and that some people don't really store as much fat as others? Hows that fit in with all this stuff?

The same theory applies, although those with a body type that utilises carbs more efficiently will simply get leaner faster using a low carb approach which isnt actually a bad thing.

The only exception is asians as they have built up a good tolerance to carbs as they have eaten them for years and adapted to suit, however they are usually intolerant to dairy products.

There is no absolute approach as everyone varies, but the theorys stand the same for everyone. Its also worth noting if you stay at a low body fat percentage for a long time your body accepts this as normal and as such if you have a sloppy patch you may well stay lean.

BarnshaW

26th Mar 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea whats with the fish oil tablets everyone takes? i have also wondered about this? is this for metabolism or just to add missed vitamins etc from a diet?
DizzyRebel

26th Mar 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fish oil is a source of dietary fat, much more useful than carbs - i carry them with me most days and neck a few if im feeling hungry but dont have any actual food on me.
DizzyRebel

26th Mar 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00
Not too bad Barnshaw but there are MUCH better carb choices than brown bread. The only complex carbs I have are oats, brown rice and brown pasta occasionally.

Also, although you've got some good EFAs in there with the brazils and peanut butter, I'd add some omega 3 oils in there.

Did you know that oatmeal is actually high in allergens and a lot of people who eat it a lot are actually allergic to it and this slows down fat burning and metabolic rate? A better suited choice would be quinoa (although grains should be a last resort for carb choice) i dont eat oats anymore after reading about it becoming an allergen to your body fairly easily.

Its also worth noting that the body overe time can become allergic to foods you eat on a daily basis, eggs are another culprit! so its worth cycling your staple nutrient sources so you dont become allergic to them.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Putting weight on..... 22 database queries in 0.0094469 seconds