corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Anniversary of Hillsborough

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anniversary of Hillsborough
Edd

User status: Offline
16th Apr 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway i apologise if i've offended you it wasnt my intention
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, Ive never got involved in the banter/arguments between you Hammer and John. I honestly done care if you lot get on or not.

My point comes from threads like this, where you know by saying something like that in here, where it had no place, was going to annoy people.

As said up above, I have no trouble with you making this point, just why not do it in a seperate thread?
eddiewhiteley

16th Apr 09 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
And I wonder why people think you're a cunt...

why are you calling him that? he's pointing out celtic fans mock one teams tragedy, but shed tears over another, thats pretty hypocritical to me.
BigSte

16th Apr 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edd has a point here and think it's unfair you getting on his back like that, there are no rules when/where he can make his points and this topic is as relevant as any other....

Back to subject, total tragedy. I don't live too far from boro and my missus works opposite so see the memorial every time im down that way.
Every year there are flowers/scarves etc but you never hear much about it, why the big out cry now for reopening tthe enquiry just because it's a nice round 20 years? Why not do it on 6 or 7 years?

Saying that I don't think any one/SYP is personally accountable. My opinion is the sheer amount of fans trying to get in. The families etc deserve to hear the full truth about the sequence of events which is why I signed the No.10 petition.

What gets me is Leppings Lane at Hillsborough looks exactly the same as it did then. this part of the ground has not changed one bit from the photo's you see, only difference is there is now seating. There is no risk now but I would have thought that the few years after 89 when there were still standing they could have re-done the turnstiles to funnel the people into different areas
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point to Edd (and maybe I wash harsh as this is something that is close to me) is that maybe if he had a problem with Celtic fans and the way they react is to have a go in another/new thread as he knew what he said would cause a reaction in here - and it isnt wanted or needed.

Ste - their has been a call since the day it happened for a full and proper inquiry into it, the only reason you've heard now is down to the press making a big deal over the 20yrs, and on the back of this a new petition is being put out there.

Against Arsenal last year in a cup game (was it CL or another?!) the first six minutes of the game was purely the fans singing 'Justice for the 96', banners are constantly at games asking for justice - its certainly not something that we've only started asking for this year.
BigSte

16th Apr 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh now you mentioned that I can remember the singing last year.....

It's long overdue anyway so they might as well get on with it because now Hillsborough has been highlighted again in a big way to people who may not have known too much about it now do and the public are behind it.

Although living in Sheffield I must admit I don't know that much about what happened exactly and the coverage this week has certainly brought things to light.... like the lack of ambulance and paramedics, the fact that fans were stretchering people to the gym etc.

That 'docu-drama' on ITV3 last night was quite good. Basically a reinactment based on actual events, although it did say at the start certain things had been 'dramatised to aid clarity'.

You will get your new enquiry now, because of the re-education to the public and now known by a wider amount of people. The petition you linked up will get filled up in now time. I was number 1159 on that list - as Liverpool has the 5th biggest population in England you will get 500k alone just from your occupants
BigSte

16th Apr 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, Sheffield has the 4th largest population and anyone you speak to over the age of about 35 are well aware of what happended so 2 cities alone will fill that petition to a high level
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going from what the sports minister said yesterday at the memorial it sounds like he is pushing for one too.

I dont think its really an inquiry into why it happened, as those reasons are fairly obvious for all to see - its more that happened after 3.06pm on that day, as the previous inquiry only went up to 3.15pm where they decided everyone had died so no need to look into anything else!
strick206

16th Apr 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i do think you was harsh cosmo, and edd does have a point that his comments are pretty relevant in this thread. That boo'ing that celtic fans did is/was disgusting. Anyway enough of that

United players wore black arm bands as a sign of respect last night. Which is how it should be even with your closest rivals
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I was tbh, but still dont think it has any part in this thread.

Like me going into a thread he created about the deaths of his supporters and saying 'Oh well atleast Celtic supported us'.

Yeah its linked a small amount, but certainly not the place I should be posting that.
Hammer

16th Apr 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is this still being argued, the thread was fine until something totally unrelated was brought into it

If you think Celtic fans are a bunch of badgers then make your own thread and stop ruining what was intended as a respectful thread to those that lost their lives in an horrific tragedy.
Robbo

16th Apr 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Cosmoan, I was told about a Hillsborough film this morning starring Ricky Tomlinson amongst others. Have you seen it?
it was the itv documentary-drama i mentioned previously
Robbo

16th Apr 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My point to Edd (and maybe I wash harsh as this is something that is close to me) is that maybe if he had a problem with Celtic fans and the way they react is to have a go in another/new thread as he knew what he said would cause a reaction in here - and it isnt wanted or needed.

Ste - their has been a call since the day it happened for a full and proper inquiry into it, the only reason you've heard now is down to the press making a big deal over the 20yrs, and on the back of this a new petition is being put out there.

Against Arsenal last year in a cup game (was it CL or another?!) the first six minutes of the game was purely the fans singing 'Justice for the 96', banners are constantly at games asking for justice - its certainly not something that we've only started asking for this year.
yep rememeber that well, was the first 6 mins of last years CL QF at Anfield, amazing sight and sound
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had heard we were going to do it for a few weeks before, but didnt think it would happen.

Whole ground was on their feet singing it (even those you wouldnt expect), and was an amazing thing to be part of.
Marc

16th Apr 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Cosmoan, I was told about a Hillsborough film this morning starring Ricky Tomlinson amongst others. Have you seen it?
it was the itv documentary-drama i mentioned previously

Danny P

16th Apr 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I had heard we were going to do it for a few weeks before, but didnt think it would happen.

Whole ground was on their feet singing it (even those you wouldnt expect), and was an amazing thing to be part of.

I remember posting about it, you were going to do it in every round of the FA Cup but you got knocked out in the 3rd Round to Arsenal (I think)
Danny P

16th Apr 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

On January 6, 2007, Reclaim the Kop organised a protest during the third round FA Cup match between Liverpool and Arsenal,[4] which was broadcast live on the BBC. The intention of the protest, which was dubbed 'Truth Day', was to highlight the anger of Liverpool fans that the BBC had employed Kelvin MacKenzie as a presenter, in spite of his comments during late 2006 that he did not feel any regret that while working as editor of The Sun he had published an article in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster which fabricated claims about the behaviour of Liverpool fans- including that fans had urinated on police and stolen from the bodies of the dying. The claims made in the story were subsequently found to be untrue and dismissed by the Taylor Report. On the day of the protest 12,000 fans in the Kop were given cards to hold up, forming a mosaic spelling out the words "The Truth". The mosaic was visible while Liverpool supporters chanted "Justice for the 96" for six minutes, signifying the length of time that the Hillsborough game played on for before being abandoned. In addition to being visible during the BBC's transmission of the match, the protest was widely reported in national newspapers

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reclaim_The_Kop

[Edited on 16-04-2009 by Danny P]
Robbo

18th Apr 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxFjTdP5gus&feature=related

Wast the FA Cup match apparently
Robbo

18th Apr 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad times...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8005039.stm
Marc

18th Apr 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Squad player anyway.
Cosmo

18th Apr 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not even a squad player, we tried to get rid in the summer but he refused and said he'd happily just sit at home taking his wage!!

Hasnt been on the bench or played for the reserves all season.
Marc

18th Apr 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a guy.
Cosmo

18th Apr 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing he has done all season is take a promising youngster (Plessis - one next to him in that vid) out drinking the night before the United home game.

Havent seen the youngster be involved with the first team since.
Robbo

18th Apr 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was Plessis he nudged too :/
liamC

18th Apr 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Sad times...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8005039.stm

Why hasn't so much been made about Carragher spitting during the minutes silence?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Anniversary of Hillsborough 23 database queries in 0.0139849 seconds