corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ

Poll: Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ
  All everyone to sell
  Restrict selling to Premium Members

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ
Iain M

User status: Offline
29th Apr 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its already said but i agree with a few things thats been mentioned such as the trader needs a minimum number of posts before trading and also a sort of trader score card at the bottom with successfull trades showed under their avatar for example. or for ease make them be premium members to sell stuff.
xa0s
Banned

29th Apr 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it needs to be more restricted...

Maybe anyone can buy, but only premium members can sell unless they have a premium member to vouch for them (and their account is then on the line as well as their address). I think that would/could work quite well.

As in, they have to basically sell through them. Only premium members are allowed to start new threads so anything would have to be U2U'd to the premium member. The premium member would only go through with it if the genuinely trusted that poster.

Opinions?
jacko198

29th Apr 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pm'd With an idea
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 09 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you post it in here so it can be discussed. I would rather get all the opinions together and go with something.
jacko198

29th Apr 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh crap, i dont save u2u's Any chance you can copy/paste it, or just send it back, cba typing all that again!
Cheese Man Chris

29th Apr 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20kenny
why not do something like mig they have a thing in place were you have to have been a member for more than 60days and have over 50 posts. surely if someone was in for a quick scam they would'nt wait 60 days and rack up there posts just to make a couple of quid.

I think this is going to be the most effective method mentioned so far.
Cheese Man Chris

29th Apr 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thought but is probably way to complex and not sure about existing members.

How about when people sign up, they have to enter their details along with their credit card details. and a system would confirm the addresses match the card address (like online shops) then they pay like 0.01p and they get it refunded a week later. So Ian would have the correct address if there was any dodgy business going on.
jacko198

29th Apr 09 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 1p transaction would cost more in processing fee's tho would it not?
lostboy
Banned

29th Apr 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read the whole thread but, If it was made to premium members only it still doesn't take much for some one to bypass any kind of security you may have by having their email address/mobile number as it doesn't take long to sign up to yahoo/hotmail/whatever to make an account they will only use once or have a spare sim card that isn't registered.

It may be a bit of a faf on to be here long enough to buy a premium account but if some one wants money enough they will do it.

What was posted about the way mig does it is good but still if some one wants money enough they will wait 60 days then sell there non existent stock.

I cant see any real way of eliminating rouge traders 100% as this is the internet and hard to find out if a person is genuine or not so buying off the internet is a gamble, Thankfully there are more genuine people but a small minority are out to scam.

The way i would do it is probably the way mig does it but ask for a landline number/some sure form of security from the person you are buying something off that they are who the say they are.
jibjob

29th Apr 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about having a service like they do with the banks where you have to have a phone number that works and can be verified before they are allowed to post? or some other way of being able to have working verifiable details before being allowed to post? email address's, phone numbers and address's? like sending their first password out by text or post? i know its not completely secure but atleast its a way of getting details that can be traced.

just an idea
lostboy
Banned

29th Apr 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
how about having a service like they do with the banks where you have to have a phone number that works and can be verified before they are allowed to post? or some other way of being able to have working verifiable details before being allowed to post? email address's, phone numbers and address's? like sending their first password out by text or post? i know its not completely secure but atleast its a way of getting details that can be traced.

just an idea

That would probably put people off and would be alot of work involved code wise.
jacko198

29th Apr 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, here is my idea again.

On forums i am/have been a mod on, we do the following: -

You can set up youre own "store" (basically you get 1 thread just for you)

To set up a store, simply contact a mod and give them all youre details. And they will set up a store jacko198's store

No details = no store

You must have ____ posts and have been a member for _____ long.

All items must have a picture (maybe even tagged pictures)
And all stores must have there terms and conditions posted 1st thing, e.g no offers, will not post, etc etc etc

Simply, the mod will create a thread, you post up youre items and then the mod will delete there original post, leaving youre post with the items at the top of the page allowing you to edit the title and do whatever you like!

We also had a template such as
Item:______
Price_____
Offers______
Condition_______
Picture_____

Thats my idea, hope it made sense!

[Edited on 29-04-2009 by jacko198]
lostboy
Banned

29th Apr 09 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Right, here is my idea again.

On forums i am/have been a mod on, we do the following: -

You can set up youre own "store" (basically you get 1 thread just for you)

To set up a store, simply contact a mod and give them all youre details. And they will set up a store jacko198's store

No details = no store

You must have ____ posts and have been a member for _____ long.

All items must have a picture (maybe even tagged pictures)
And all stores must have there terms and conditions posted 1st thing, e.g no offers, will not post, etc etc etc

Simply, the mod will create a thread, you post up youre items and then the mod will delete there original post, leaving youre post with the items at the top of the page allowing you to edit the title and do whatever you like!

We also had a template such as
Item:______
Price_____
Offers______
Condition_______
Picture_____

Thats my idea, hope it made sense!

[Edited on 29-04-2009 by jacko198]

Not a bad idea but when you say give them all your details, What details is that exactly? Home address/ land line #/ mobile #?
jacko198

30th Apr 09 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah exactly. We had: -

Full Address
Land line
Mobile
Email

Obviously not fool proof, but it did put people off. Tagged pictures helped ALOT too, that way you know its exactly what you are getting!
lostboy
Banned

30th Apr 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Yeah exactly. We had: -

Full Address
Land line
Mobile
Email

Obviously not fool proof, but it did put people off. Tagged pictures helped ALOT too, that way you know its exactly what you are getting!

Not bad, What do you meen about tagged pictures though? Tagging the picture as what it is? I.E Pic of a redtop is tagged as redtop? Its late I'm tired lol
jacko198

30th Apr 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, i mean, something as simple as writing youre user name on a piece of paper and sticking it next to the item when you take a picture, that way they know its youre picture and no one elses
jacko198

30th Apr 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something as simple as http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr55/whentigersfightx/Stuff%20For%20Sale/IMG_2335.jpg
lostboy
Banned

30th Apr 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The man has a plan, A good plan it is.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 05:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All good ideas but please remember changing selling to premium only would be only be in operation until we have developed a few system for trading on corsasport to make it safer.

We do agree that it wont stop fraud 100% but its just another additional layer of information/process a would-be scammer would have to go through to start doing people over.

I know Corsa C do the same thing but still have problems but their community normally know whos done it, it seems on here we're getting nobody members scamming people which isnt very nice.

Thanks to everyone so far for their input & votes.
richc

30th Apr 09 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not a premium member but i think it might solve the solution premium only! *might come back and bite me*
StuartVRS

30th Apr 09 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion -

60 day registration period before any allowed sales.
A small fee to CS to allow the Sale of goods ( lets say £2.50 for example )
Under users name have Seller and a feedback score. The problem with scams is one person is hitting several people. If someone sees a negative feedback they will be less inclined to buy or insist on picking item up. Not everyone can be arsed to search through posts to seeif a member is trusted yet a simple -2 under name would warn them straight away.
ajscorsa

30th Apr 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a post count or length of time thing should be on it, i.e. ukmkivs you have to have made 100 posts before you can sell anything, and they monitor your posts so that you dont just say nice car mate in 100 members rides topics.
ajscorsa

30th Apr 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also think the only premium members rule is unfair, I used to be prem been on the site since 2002, but i wouldnt be allowed to sell things, harsh imo.
StuartVRS

30th Apr 09 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also maybe a sales database, whereby all sales done through CS have to be entered with both users personal details and items sold. CS then has a record of who bought what, date completed and costs and both users get a reference number. Easier for Ian to check a database for a sale than trawl through u2u's and posts
ajscorsa

30th Apr 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that'd be a hell of alot of work though

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ 22 database queries in 0.0767639 seconds