corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » cossie vs yamaha r1

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cossie vs yamaha r1
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
16th Jun 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you say 'do you want to come in my car or on the back of my bike?' they're going to side with the car. To them it's just a car and by the time they realise there's a fuel tank where the rear seats should be it's too late...

[Edited on 16-06-2009 by alan-g-w]
Jake

16th Jun 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by jake
and you know that because youve spoke to all women?

[Edited on 16-06-2009 by jake]

If you use a car as a fanny ferry then it has to be something sleek and stylish. Not a 20 year old ford with a dump valve.

The only place you will pull with an 800bhp cosworth is a a ford show or down the local maccies carpark.

If you think 'my sierra has 800bhp' is a good chat up line, you obviously havnt been laid for a while

On the road bikes are faster than cars, i dont car how much bhp you have because as soon as we get to any built up areas ill just fuck off and you wont see me again untill i pull over to wait for your traffic jammed ass! It will take a car with 900bhp per tonne to out accelerate a modern 1000cc sportsbike, not many production cars boast those specs at all.

another bold inaccurate statement. if you need a car to pull in the first place then theres something not quite right, not only that but why waste your time on a woman who is only interested in you because of your car
fir3vip3r

16th Jun 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Correct, but you're about 10x more likely to die to put it bluntly.

not at all
mazdaspeed

16th Jun 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUGDdlId7Dw

This is my fave bike vs car vid. A Porsche GT3 tries to keep up with some litre sports bikes.

On public roads bikes will always be faster.
gez bay

16th Jun 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because they weave through traffic like badgers
Tom G

16th Jun 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jake
and you know that because youve spoke to all women?

[Edited on 16-06-2009 by jake]

If you use a car as a fanny ferry then it has to be something sleek and stylish. Not a 20 year old ford with a dump valve.

The only place you will pull with an 800bhp cosworth is a a ford show or down the local maccies carpark.

If you think 'my sierra has 800bhp' is a good chat up line, you obviously havnt been laid for a while

On the road bikes are faster than cars, i dont car how much bhp you have because as soon as we get to any built up areas ill just fuck off and you wont see me again untill i pull over to wait for your traffic jammed ass! It will take a car with 900bhp per tonne to out accelerate a modern 1000cc sportsbike, not many production cars boast those specs at all.

a cossie is hardly a 20 yr old car with a dump valve, wasn't it you only the other day arguing how they're a icon etc etc

[Edited on 16-06-2009 by Tom G]
DizzyRebel

16th Jun 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are an icon and i do love them, but women arent interested. to them its an 'ugly old car that makes too much noise' as quoted by my other half as well as many of her mates that i conferred with when i looked at getting a saph cosworth.

Women dont care if its a motoring icon or has a pedigree in motorsport etc. they just care that it looks nice and gets them around in comfort and style. I dont need a car to pull, but if i was really going out my way to impress a girl on the first date i know they would see me in a better light if i had something a bit newer thats comfortable over a 20 year old car with a monster engine that shakes their teeth out when it goes over a pothole.

Also birds dig bikes, they like the rebel streak and danger factor of them and if you take them out on them and show them you can tame such a beast and protect them from dying in a ditch bottom they often melt in your fingertips.

Drive like a wanker in a car on the first date and a bird will get out and never call you again, take them out on a bike and you will get laid that night.

If pulling is your thing, a moderate car will be suficcient, but a fast bike as well will be an extra advantage.

alan-g-w

16th Jun 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:

not at all

Statistically speaking. Also, if you're in a car having a bit of fun and it goes wrong you've got a chance of being fine from it what with all the metal and safety devices around you. If you were having fun on a bike and it all went wrong then it's a thin layer of cow skin protecting you. There's no way you can argue that a motorbike is safer than a car, purely for the fact that it might be a moronic driver making a mistake and dragging you into it. You can drive like a god, but you can't control other road users.

Don't get me wrong, at some point I'd love to own a bike. But for now while I'm still a bit younger I'll stick to four wheels and airbags.
DizzyRebel

16th Jun 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:

not at all

Statistically speaking. Also, if you're in a car having a bit of fun and it goes wrong you've got a chance of being fine from it what with all the metal and safety devices around you. If you were having fun on a bike and it all went wrong then it's a thin layer of cow skin protecting you. There's no way you can argue that a motorbike is safer than a car, purely for the fact that it might be a moronic driver making a mistake and dragging you into it. You can drive like a god, but you can't control other road users.

Don't get me wrong, at some point I'd love to own a bike. But for now while I'm still a bit younger I'll stick to four wheels and airbags.

Statistics also say there are 10 times more cars on the road than bikes, so your as likely to die in a car accident as you would be in a bike accident.

Its true about cars being easier to take to the limit or correct if you get it wrong, as if the front wheels loose grip you understeer, if the back wheels loose grip you oversteer but both are easily corrected. On a bike, if the front looses grip you lowside into a hedge. If the rear wheel looses grip you highside into a hedge. Pass the limits on a bike and you will be very lucky if you come out of it shiny side up.

Everytime you get on a bike you take on the liberty that you may be going home in a body bag. Half the adrenalin rush is knowing that your close to death on every bend and every high speed straight, but its a feeling you can only understand if you have ever ridden.
Daimo B

17th Jun 09 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mazdaspeed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUGDdlId7Dw

Is this thread still going. Car Vs Bike argument

That video is awesome. Low speed the car keeps up on the bends, high speed bends, well those two bikers can ride. I've gone between cars like that, but they've got balls to race that porkie driver Top video!!
Daimo B

17th Jun 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So a set of leathers are good to slide 300+ metres at 200mph..... And acutally Kangaroo skin is better.

On a track, the bikes safer, going into an accident, lay the bike down, slide to a stop. In a car, your strapped in.... Bikers break arms, legs, car drivers burn etc

On the road, car is far safer, but thats common sense.
Daimo B

17th Jun 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Everytime you get on a bike you take on the liberty that you may be going home in a body bag. Half the adrenalin rush is knowing that your close to death on every bend and every high speed straight, but its a feeling you can only understand if you have ever ridden.

Sumed up perfectly what going on a HIGH SPEED jaunt is about......

But you can also quite happily enjoy a 70mph jaunt round the country with no mental moments.

And if Fighter Pilots mostly ride bikes as its the closest they can get to their
jets on the ground, well if its good enough for a fighter pilot....

My thing currently is to stay in 3rd, and not use my brakes, and just flow from corner to corner, using the bike, angle, without having to touch the brakes once...

[Edited on 17-06-2009 by VXR]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » cossie vs yamaha r1 22 database queries in 0.0107391 seconds