corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rapid race developments

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rapid race developments
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jun 09 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and what a stupid business name; it doesn't give any indication as to what they do! I'm hoping that they know more than you otherwise they'll land themselves in a whole heap of shit
RichR
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Does the place have an autoclave? If not their screwed already.
They will have to do dry lay instead of wet lay as well, which is a bit harder to do.

oh my god..............again a little knowledge...........

What the hell is dry lay; that makes no sense at all! Have you ever actually laminated - and not all carbon needs to be autoclaved, a simple oven is enough for most cosmetic applications. In fact, for MOST cosmetic applications it doesn't even need to be baked

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by LiVe LeE]
BluKoo

25th Jun 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousin makes loads of carbon bits for his hillclimb car, and i don't think he has anywhere to bake his stuff.

Edit: Some of the comments

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by BluKoo]
RichR
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carbon Fibre in impact...............

Theoretically Carbon is 5 times stronger than steel at the same weight or in other words the same strength as steel for a 1/5th of the overall weight. It has many, many fantastic properties but if there's one place I wouldn't want it - it would be a rollcage regardless of what FEA analysis is done. There are too many variables; too many instances for weak points; The only way to drastically reduce these is to produce it in labs using pre-preg materials from the highest grade manufacturer and using CAD/Laser cutting to ensure the right sections and orientation of the weave but it still relies on someone putting it together correctly. Some dodgy back street garage isn't going to be able to manufacture to those standards.
Haimsey
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats with the comments on the first page

Edit: first page of the website that is.

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Cosmo

25th Jun 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
and what a stupid business name; it doesn't give any indication as to what they do! I'm hoping that they know more than you otherwise they'll land themselves in a whole heap of shit

Since when does a company name need to say what it does?

Coca-Cola, microsoft, Ferrari, Google, etc. etc. etc. etc.
Tom

25th Jun 09 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Cosmo in owning a carbon fibre cage manufacuturing company shocker

Learn how to spell before you build a website
BluKoo

25th Jun 09 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Bad examples there Cosmo...

Coca-Cola: They put coca (cocaine) in a cola flavoured drink.
Microsoft: Microchips & software
Google: Well, they google things for you

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by BluKoo]
RichR
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough; I worded it incorrectly - What I actually meant to say is that the company name is misleading as to what the company actually does. It isn't simply a trade name/business name as per Coca-Cola (although that is named after the ingredients of the drink if you look ito it's origins), microsoft, Ferrari, Google etc

Rapid Race Developments in someway infers that they Develop Rapid Racing? The name is misleading IMO
BluKoo

25th Jun 09 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Rapid Race Developments in someway infers that they Develop Rapid Racing? The name is misleading IMO

I think the name is fine.

It infers that they are involved in race developments, and they are either quick at what they do, or the vehicles involed in the races are rapid.
RichR
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"IMO"
sand-eel

25th Jun 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Does the place have an autoclave? If not their screwed already.
They will have to do dry lay instead of wet lay as well, which is a bit harder to do.

oh my god..............again a little knowledge...........

What the hell is dry lay; that makes no sense at all! Have you ever actually laminated - and not all carbon needs to be autoclaved, a simple oven is enough for most cosmetic applications. In fact, for MOST cosmetic applications it doesn't even need to be baked

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by LiVe LeE]

pre-preg is sometimes called dry lay!!!
Yes we were talking about CF roll cages, which in my book would be fucking stupid not using an autoclave as the strength and quality would be worse, roll cages are not cosmetic usually.
big*boy*rob

25th Jun 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all ur great comments u lot really know u stuff

i havent even said that the cages will be made i said they would be LOOKING in to making them at some point.

Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jun 09 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
Google: Well, they google things for you
It's based on the word Googol. It's a big number to reflect the amount of information they wanted to index.

http://www.google.com/press/facts.html

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rapid race developments 23 database queries in 0.0117092 seconds