corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking up 2 carpark spaces

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking up 2 carpark spaces
johnhara1

User status: Offline
20th Aug 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i drove something flash i wouldn't take it to tesco car park full stop never mind use 2 spaces. I'd use the runaround.

1) Even if you park right at the back of the car park in a row of 10 empty spaces, you'll come out find someone in a shed has parked right next to you. (I think alot of people must find it easier to swing into a bay if theres a car next to it)

2) Parking across 2 bays is just crying out for someone to key it or damage it. You've made it too obvious you care about your motor and it only takes one jealous twat to wreck it.

whitter45

20th Aug 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

But its ok to be an arrogant cock and park like a wanker?
One day, if you own something nice, you guys may understand. Maybe if you spend £20k on a little car, you'd understand.

I owned a car that was so rare if someone damaged a panel most of them wouldnt even be able to get a replacement for.. A front bumper was £1,400 and you couldnt get one anyway.

If ever parked that I just parked right on the other side of the carpark where it would be mostly empty, if I went int a multistory I went straight to the top and parked in a corner against the wall..

Having a 'nice car' doesnt give you the right to think you are better than anybody else..

but when does it give anyone the right to twat their door open onto some ones assest

End of the day if you dont like people parking over 2 spaces then fine but just get on with your life and park over one space

like its been stated if you see a car over 2 spaces but there are plenty of other spaces then so what

If its packed and you cant park then you may have a valid point

Just get on with your life

pointless argument really

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by whitter45]
Jamescorsa97

20th Aug 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I willa dmit i take up 2 spaces in ym car at work. After 3 days of owning it i had 2 incidents where my car was hit by van doors. Its really annoying when people do not car because they have a company vehicle.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

but when does it give anyone the right to twat their door open onto some ones assest

But you dont solve the problem, you just attract people like me who will deliberately come and park 10mm from your door in a piece of shit.
MarkSport

20th Aug 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
A lot of the car parks in Bristol have started giving out fines and clamping people if they're not parked in spaces properly

Thats happening where i live too
Dom

20th Aug 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes my piss boil people parking across two bays, especially if the carpark is packed! If you're going to be inconsiderate atleast pay for the two bays

Edit - And to the people that are whinging that they don't want their car scratched, it's part and parcel of parking it in a carpark - don't like, leave the car at home!

And seconded with fines, the amount of people that can't park in a bay properly is fucking shocking

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by Dom]
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Having a 'nice car' doesnt give you the right to think you are better than anybody else..
+50
quote:
quote:
But you dont solve the problem, you just attract people like me who will deliberately come and park 10mm from your door in a piece of shit.
Exactly. That's my first reaction

In the centre of Oxford if you park even slightly over the line in most places you'll get a fine. Awesome idea imo.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
alan-g-w

20th Aug 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact is that you might end up shooting yourself in the foot. So, when you come to the car park there are plenty of spaces so you straddle your bubble wrapped pride and joy across two spaces. But what if when you come out there are no spaces and because of this someone has - 1) Squeezed a shitter of a car either side of you and battered your door getting out 2) 'Accidently' rubbed a belt buckle or set of keys down the length of the car.

Whose fault would it be? I'm on neither side here and I'm not saying someone would be right to do that. But I'm afraid I just park my car in one space and hope people are decent enough to miss it with their door. And usually if you leave enough of a space and park like somoene with a bit of sense the majority of people won't want to damage their own door, even if it's a shitter.

Anyone that parks over two spaces, as said, is just drawing more attention to their car. And no matter if it's right or wrong it's definetely arrogant.

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by alan-g-w]
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to slightly modify my opinion.. If its a pay and display carpark and someone wants to buy TWO tickets and display them both I think thats acceptable lol
whitter45

20th Aug 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
The fact is that you might end up shooting yourself in the foot. So, when you come to the car park there are plenty of spaces so you straddle your bubble wrapped pride and joy across two spaces. But what if when you come out there are no spaces and because of this someone has - 1) Squeezed a shitter of a car either side of you and battered your door getting out 2) 'Accidently' rubbed a belt buckle or set of keys down the length of the car.

Whose fault would it be? I'm on neither side here and I'm not saying someone would be right to do that. But I'm afraid I just park my car in one space and hope people are decent enough to miss it with their door. And usually if you leave enough of a space and park like somoene with a bit of sense the majority of people won't want to damage their own door, even if it's a shitter.

Anyone that parks over two spaces, as said, is just drawing more attention to their car. And no matter if it's right or wrong it's definetely arrogant.

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by alan-g-w]

with regards to accidents it would be no ones fault as its calssed as private land
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I owned a car that was so rare if someone damaged a panel most of them wouldnt even be able to get a replacement for.. A front bumper was £1,400 and you couldnt get one anyway.

If ever parked that I just parked right on the other side of the carpark where it would be mostly empty, if I went int a multistory I went straight to the top and parked in a corner against the wall..

wtf you on about, thinking your better than someone else? Do you have ANY thought process in life dude?

If i'd spent lots of money on my car, i would want to reduce the risk of someone damaging it by parking in a larger space.

WTF is "thinking your better than anyone else" got to do with it?

Great, can't get replacement parts, thats nice... Like a lot of cars then.... What if you have a £30,000+ corsa you don't want damaged? Do you think my missis thinks shes better than everyone else?

Dude, sit back, and think about what your saying....

Multi story carparks are the worst place of all for car damage. Parking it in the top back corner is asking for it to be broken into, so this shows me you clearly do not understand where I am coming from.
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

In which case, we're back to my jealous badger comment. If your purposly doing it to simply piss them off, that shows a lack of decent character of who you are, and please go back to the ghetto and chav land where other people think like this. If they dont understand, they destroy.

Hello chav boy who drives a jumped up corsa
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I think what he means is that everyone else uses one space but someone using two thinks they're too good for just one space alone.

Btw, the Corsa is no longer his

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45with regards to accidents it would be no ones fault as its calssed as private land

Not always mate. Someone went into the back of me in a car park and I won my claim

I only did it because I want to keep my car as dent free as possible. So many people out there just don't care, slamming there door into the side of someone elses car. I was parked well out of the way of any other cars right at the back of the car park in an empty section so wasn't causing any harm. Think people need to chill a bit, I didn't do it just to be arrogant. Just want to pretect something that means a great deal to me.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
In which case, we're back to my jealous badger comment. If your purposly doing it to simply piss them off, that shows a lack of decent character of who you are, and please go back to the ghetto and chav land where other people think like this. If they dont understand, they destroy.

Hello chav boy who drives a jumped up corsa

I'm not jealous in the slightest.. Why should I be? Dont want to float my own boat but I'll bet I earn more money than you do.

I just think if someone wants to be a prick and park in two spaces I'm going to be an equal prick and park 10mm from their door.. Simple!

So if you park like a prick and you find a green omega parked 10mm from you you'll know its me
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

with regards to accidents it would be no ones fault as its calssed as private land

Sadly not.. the Road Traffic Act covers anywhere with public access.
Ian W

20th Aug 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does everyone feel the need to impose there views on everyone else by showing there a tit by parking as close as possible and what not.

Generally if I seen a car covering two spaces i'd just drive past and think what a tit and then park normally.

Best way to avoid dings is to park next to nice cars, you don't get jealous idiots in there £50 Novas banging into your car if you don't agree with there parking philosophy.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people dont realise they are a cunt and they need educating.. I'm fully aware I'm a cunt.
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm not jealous in the slightest.. Why should I be? Dont want to float my own boat but I'll bet I earn more money than you do.

I just think if someone wants to be a prick and park in two spaces I'm going to be an equal prick and park 10mm from their door.. Simple!

So if you park like a prick and you find a green omega parked 10mm from you you'll know its me

You could try....

Why is it such an issue if they park in 2 bays, what exactly does it do to your life and how exactly does it effect you.

Yes, you are jealous. If its not jealousy, then were back to basic human morals and decency card again, of which you can't have too many. There is no other reason for being such a nasty piece of work and do such a childish thing.

Maybe you do earn more money, but I'll bet you dont earn more than our finance director who has a Jag convertable sitting outside, over 2 spaces....... He doesn't want it damaged, oh so he much be a pr1ck.

God your a lame character. My opinion of you has just dropped to ultimate pikey chav level.

Nasty nasty evil disrespectful chav.
Graham88

20th Aug 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with both points being made really. I have picked up a car park dent in my door at some point as I always just park normally and it's fucking annoying but at the same time I think parking across 2 spaces is quite selfish (if it's a fairly busy car park anyway)

I tend to park away and in my own little space now, bit fucking late mind you
Mobby

20th Aug 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
High horse, morality speech.

You are getting all moralistic with me but you are still the one feeling you should be able to disregard the rules and park differently because you think everyone else is a retard and they are going to damage your precious car?

There are lines there for a reason is it that hard to understand? If you are that paranoid dont have a nice car or buy a car that the normal joe will realise is a nice car, to be fair most unedcuated people will just see a white Astra and not give a shit.
Dom

20th Aug 09 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

wtf you on about, thinking your better than someone else? Do you have ANY thought process in life dude?

If i'd spent lots of money on my car, i would want to reduce the risk of someone damaging it by parking in a larger space.

Great, can't get replacement parts, thats nice... Like a lot of cars then.... What if you have a £30,000+ corsa you don't want damaged? Do you think my missis thinks shes better than everyone else?

Dude, sit back, and think about what your saying....

Multi story carparks are the worst place of all for car damage. Parking it in the top back corner is asking for it to be broken into, so this shows me you clearly do not understand where I am coming from.

If you spent "a lot of money" on your car and you don't want to (potentially) get it scratched then don't park it in a carpark, simples! You parking across two bays (i bet you don't pay for two tickets either....) is just plain ignorance and you're denying some other poor fucker the ability to park his/her car. If people and their £100k cars i see in the local carpark can manage to park in one bay then you and your "£30,000" corsa can do the same

It's just part and parcel of parking in a carpark, either live with it or don't use them!
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

It's just part and parcel of parking in a carpark, either live with it or don't use them!

DITTO! If you cant handle it, take the BUS!
whitter45

20th Aug 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45with regards to accidents it would be no ones fault as its calssed as private land

Not always mate. Someone went into the back of me in a car park and I won my claim

I only did it because I want to keep my car as dent free as possible. So many people out there just don't care, slamming there door into the side of someone elses car. I was parked well out of the way of any other cars right at the back of the car park in an empty section so wasn't causing any harm. Think people need to chill a bit, I didn't do it just to be arrogant. Just want to pretect something that means a great deal to me.

i am with you and all for parking over 2 spces in a quiet car park

Misses goes mad at me so I just take her car normally and park it where ever

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking up 2 carpark spaces 23 database queries in 0.0350831 seconds