corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rumbled on Facebook

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rumbled on Facebook
LukeS

User status: Offline
24th Aug 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bootyluv
Hammer

24th Aug 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
No you can't. You could say your boss is a cunt and you wouldn't even get disciplined (in theory).

Incorrect Mr Union Rep.

You can get done for stuff you post through any social networking avenue, there are numerous precedents already. A girl just got done for bullying through bebo the other day from posting a comment on someones page.
John

24th Aug 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read that in the sun earlier on.

Apart from the paper being shit, I did wonder why she didn't just make her profile private

Mr Union rep also doesn't understand that even if you can't get rid of staff directly for that, you can then manage them out of the company for something else.
J da Silva

24th Aug 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
No you can't. You could say your boss is a cunt and you wouldn't even get disciplined (in theory).

Incorrect Mr Union Rep.

You can get done for stuff you post through any social networking avenue, there are numerous precedents already. A girl just got done for bullying through bebo the other day from posting a comment on someones page.

One of Faye's colleagues has just been banned from working with the NHS for life as she posted controversial photos of herself of facebook and some other friends posted some 'revealing' shots of her bottom region.
LukeS

24th Aug 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of said girl?
Hammer

24th Aug 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
quote:

Incorrect Mr Union Rep.

One of Faye's colleagues has just been banned from working with the NHS for life as she posted controversial photos of herself of facebook and some other friends posted some 'revealing' shots of her bottom region.

Tut tut tut. I think they've over reacted. Let's see the pics just to make sure though
J da Silva

24th Aug 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not someone I know, Faye's quite clever, she won't allow a direct link between her profile and her work.
Limecat
Banned

24th Aug 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Incorrect Mr Union Rep.

Wrong. To get sacked (previous conduct depending) would require gross misconduct. Your personal opinion of someone does not consitute gross misconduct, be it in person or on the internet.

If it was racial/disability etc then it is a different matter.

quote:
Are you two fags going to carry this on all night? Just assfuck each other and get it over with.

Hammer

24th Aug 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Incorrect Mr Union Rep.

Wrong. To get sacked (previous conduct depending) would require gross misconduct. Your personal opinion of someone does not consitute gross misconduct, be it in person or on the internet.

If it was racial/disability etc then it is a different matter.

quote:
Are you two fags going to carry this on all night? Just assfuck each other and get it over with.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/08/24/facebook-warning-after-woman-sacked/

I accept apologies either through facebook or bebo update
Limecat
Banned

24th Aug 09 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer, see my previous points about previous conduct and length of employment. (I do not know what the law in Jersey is? I assume it is the same as the UK but there is NOTHING to go on there?)

EDIT: People running to the press are often sparse on facts as it makes them look better. No details is a big clue IME.

[Edited on 24-08-2009 by LETGSI16V]
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well it shows you are very naive if you think someone could go online and say 'Cosmo is a twat' and that is grounds to sack someone. You are a tribunal waiting to happen.

Whilst I know you 'over-played' the percentage I do accept that certain people will win on a technicality, which IMO is wrong, however if they were that crap the employer should have fucked them off within 12 months and the likelihood of come back is about 0%.

P.S. 'You' or your parents? I have read things that suggest it is the latter.

One minute, where exactly did I stipulate what I though was and was not a sackable offence? All I posted was that information posted on Facebook and the like is classed as in the public domain and therefore can be used by a company to discipline someone.

P.S You read my posts? What you have posted in here, and in Sports Day recently, would suggest you're more incline to hit reply and try to have a dig at me well before you have read anything I have actually written.

And as I own 25% of the company's shares, Im going to say me. And im not just going on my personal experience in employing people, I also have a business management degree so Im not just mouthing off with knowing nothing or thinking Im the big I am union wannabe rep.
Marc

25th Aug 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And he models the dresses.
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Thats not part of my job spec, I just do that for fun.
MarkM

25th Aug 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This LETGAY16V makes me laugh. He is shouting the odds yet admits he isn't accredited.

sc0ott

25th Aug 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next time put you want a promotion on it and see what the biatches say..
Limecat
Banned

26th Aug 09 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
This LETGAY16V makes me laugh. He is shouting the odds yet admits he isn't accredited.

I'm not shouting off the odds, I am simply correcting false information.

Maybe you would prefer it if I wasn't up-front and honest and just came on here to spout bollocks as you seemingly are?
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please go and try to correct my false information then, you know, the false info you seemingly made up that I said ignoring what I actually posted.
richc

26th Aug 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Thats not part of my job spec, I just do that for fun.

Limecat
Banned

26th Aug 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so in fairness you did not directly say 'You could get sacked for a personal opinion of someone' you did, in my opinion, suggest it by saying you can be sacked for anything posting on Facebook (when you read the posts back to back from my viewpoint it does look that way!) but I am man enough to accept that maybe that wasn't the point you were making.

If I took it in the wrong manner and you have taken offence (which, TBH I doubt as you dont seem that way inclined) then accept my most humble appologies.

Your team will still win FUCK ALL this season though!
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

-1pt for using that pic in two threads.
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok, so in fairness you did not directly say 'You could get sacked for a personal opinion of someone' you did, in my opinion, suggest it by saying you can be sacked for anything posting on Facebook (when you read the posts back to back from my viewpoint it does look that way!) but I am man enough to accept that maybe that wasn't the point you were making.

If I took it in the wrong manner and you have taken offence (which, TBH I doubt as you dont seem that way inclined) then accept my most humble appologies.

TBH, you may of taken my point the wrong way (even after I explained myself the second time), but the main point I was trying to get across was that ANYTHING (be it what Marc wrote, or something totally different) is able to be used in a disciplinary hearing - infact Im certain thats more or less what I wrote and was not easily confused.

Either way, apology accepted, and you're still wrong about Lpool.
Limecat
Banned

26th Aug 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who mentioned Liverpool? Nothing in your quote about them?
Faye_2003

26th Aug 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god you guys are like little bitches
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meowwww.
Limecat
Banned

26th Aug 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact that he editted it out shows he doesn't want to accept the fact.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rumbled on Facebook 22 database queries in 0.0644100 seconds