corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike track piccies - Attention Whoare, beware...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike track piccies - Attention Whoare, beware...
DizzyRebel

User status: Offline
27th Aug 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
nice stuff mate, cracking pics, i am wanting to do a track day on my cbr at knockhill.

your positioning on your bike is good, have you heard of "kissing the mirror" ? great technique and makes a big difference as shifting the upper part of your body helps more.

the knee is only out for an angle indicator really, but as Pedrosa proved the other week in the Moto GP, it can help you from lowsiding the bike ( for those that didnt see it, he had the whole weught of the bike on his right knee at roughly 110mph-ish :l

Deffo do it!!!!!!!!!

Yeah know of the kissing the mirror, but I took mine off, and tbh, this time I was more concentrating on braking, lines and such. Plenty to work on yet, track riding is SO different to road riding.

Agreed, i don't neeeed my knee out that far, but being a novice on track, its a good gauge to how low you are, how much further you can go, or not go

Your not taking what i say how it is intended, im giving you advice on your positioning and riding style. Your sticking your leg out too far too soon and its stopping you from shifting your bodyweight where you need it and you need to be over the front more. Less emphasis on knee out and more emphasis on lean angle and hanging off the bike. Ideally your left cheek should be at the front of the tank and in line with the right mirror in a right turn so hang off the bike more and bend your arms. Your knee isnt an angle gauge at all, people didnt start knee out riding till the 80's so it can be done just as quickly without your leg out like a sail. When the hero blobs on your pegs grind out and your chicken strips disappear you know your leaning over far enough and using all the tire.

Novice or not, im giving you advice to help speed you up. I could lie and say well done you look like a racer but whats the point, constructive criticism is the best way to aid improvement.
jimmy 2.1

27th Aug 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting your knee down doesn't make you fast anyway
DizzyRebel

27th Aug 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it doesnt, i dont know why there is such a big fixation with it, its like its a rite of passage in the biking world and 9 times out of 10 the people who get their knee down hang of their bike that far with their leg stuck that far out they look like a sidecar attached to the bike lol.

I rarely kd, only ever done it on the rs250 on track.
mattk

27th Aug 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had my knee down on my Kx 250 on a muddy field, along with my elbow and my shoulder and my head
DizzyRebel

27th Aug 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been in the same situation on the same bike, takes real skill that!
dannymccann

27th Aug 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt, I have yet to experience body down
DizzyRebel

27th Aug 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wont be long mate
mattk

27th Aug 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad is a biker and has been since he was 16, all his biker mates have been down at some point in their career, its un avoidable
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Aug 09 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fell off a kx80 on a field in hairsfinch once, was lucky I didn't get pricked with any needled tbh.
Daimo B

27th Aug 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a fair few offs in my time. But on the road mostly.

Grass falling days were more for when I was about 7 years old on my little TY80

And again, i said I wasn't trying to get my knee down. That comes with sheer pace, which comes with practice.

NOT on your 1st track day.

Dizzy, with your attitude, i aint gonna listen to anything you put. I'll listen to those i KNOW with real experience.
Ben J

27th Aug 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know those kids playground things that are shaped like a motorbike on a huge spring that you rock back and forwards on??? You can also get animals etc.

Well when I was living in Milton Keynes, before I was married etc. me and my housemates used to walk past one every time we came home half cut from the pub. We used to have competitions to see who could put their knee down and get upright again.

I could do it.

Do I get any motorbike e-points?

[Edited on 27-08-2009 by Ben J]
Daimo B

27th Aug 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just dont trust the road surfaces enough to do it on highways. I've encountered too many oil/derv spills, grit halfway round a bend, or even the odd stationary car

For me personnally, my bikes not worth that risk. I will do more trackdays, more circuits, and it will come 2nd nature with more experience and track time.
_Allan_

27th Aug 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't even need pace or a bend, although keep it to the track is best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBrT-iuH-zY

[Edited on 27-08-2009 by _Allan_]
Carl

27th Aug 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ive had my knee down on my Kx 250 on a muddy field, along with my elbow and my shoulder and my head

I've used my face for a brake before, never again.
jr

27th Aug 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im still laughing at someone saying daimos riding style isnt right, then saying he should ride like chris walker
DizzyRebel

27th Aug 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually said he should observe his riding style and compare it to his own to see where he needs to improve.
jimmy 2.1

27th Aug 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So when are we organising a CS bike trackday?
jr

27th Aug 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
i actually said he should observe his riding style and compare it to his own to see where he needs to improve.

is that not more dangerous then developing your own, emulating someone who your never going to be as fast as

on that matter coping walkers style would be a challange initself, and a bead example IMO wearing oversize leathers, hanging as far off the bike as possible, on a old outdate machine chasing orange bikes
jr

27th Aug 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1
So when are we organising a CS bike trackday?

when we decide we have to many members and need to cull some ?
jimmy 2.1

27th Aug 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want them culled then it'd be easier if they were riding on the road
K3 VMU

27th Aug 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

notice the non bikers...............
DizzyRebel

27th Aug 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

is that not more dangerous then developing your own, emulating someone who your never going to be as fast as

on that matter coping walkers style would be a challange initself, and a bead example IMO wearing oversize leathers, hanging as far off the bike as possible, on a old outdate machine chasing orange bikes

i didnt say copy stalker, i said observe and take note. Although no top racers style is the same they all still have the same basic positioning on the bike and this what he should take note of - that fast riders dont stick there legs out like a sail and have their top halves of their body upright.
jr

27th Aug 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think your expecting to much from someone on a £79 NOVICE track day tbh, if he was doing a official test day or similar or truying to get a racing license i could understand

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike track piccies - Attention Whoare, beware... 22 database queries in 0.0144911 seconds