corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.
Jake

User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are mates then i can understand why you wouldnt want to claim. but i'd let it be known to them why you arent making a claim. on the other hand if in a couple of months time they start taking the piss out of you about it then would you think back and regret not getting money out of it?
Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye what Danny said. It would not affect your mates at all, they have been sacked, that is that. You'll be claiming against the company. The only thing that could affect them is if you wished to press charges!
Butler

19th Sep 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah doesnt matter about your mates, its the company you claim against
AndyKent

19th Sep 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would be claiming against the company. The company would be within its rights to pursue its employees, particularly if they have caused smoke/fire damage to the property - whether or not they did that would be up to them.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine if you get any money it would be pretty substantial aswell.
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for a bgi chain yeeah but i enjoy my job, good money and get treated well so i won't be claiming of the company but as you say Ash i do need to look at who my real mates are by the looks of things
Tiger

19th Sep 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The money will come from the companies insurance anyway so don't be arsed where the money comes from. That money could sort you out for so much stuff too.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the burns gone over the back of your legs where it bends at the knee? or any other joints?
DC90

19th Sep 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The company shouldn't be bothered if you claim. It's not as if you are lying about having whiplash, these idiots have seriously fucked you up by the looks of it!
Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozarus
I work for a bgi chain yeeah but i enjoy my job, good money and get treated well so i won't be claiming of the company but as you say Ash i do need to look at who my real mates are by the looks of things

Nothing will change with your work When you get back that is The compo is to do with the damage that is caused, ie; the time you're going to need off and won't get income!
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much money you reckon?
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Has the burns gone over the back of your legs where it bends at the knee? or any other joints?

Nahh just on the frontside of my legs the backs are good thank fuck ... im comfy looks like i will be sat on here for the next few weeks!!
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Atleast 5 figures I would imagine.
micra_pete
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozarus

what? someone at work set you on fire for a 'laugh'.

claim mate, seriously
Tiger

19th Sep 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£15k i'd say.
DC90

19th Sep 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just from one website
"Find out why burn injury cases are unique and why you will need a personal injury lawyer. "

Seems that it isn't so straight forward?
Bonney

19th Sep 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, you have been left scarred for life due to the negligence of other people. Also I think that you are going to loose quite a bit of money while you are off waiting for the burns to heal.

I would seriously think about claiming, afterall its not the company who pay out, its the companys insurance.

Would love to know what the HSE will think of this.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering you will most likely have scars for life, it could be a fair amount.
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its tempting but il see how things go, i dont wanna claim ad then be treated like shit at work, good jobs are hard to find these days...
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HSE have already been notified i think?? Health and safety people are coming in in the week as the toilet is fucked.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your work couldn't sack you for this though, you could then take them back to court and get them done for unfair dismissal.
CorsAsh

19th Sep 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'd love a job where I got set on fire.

You could try being a stunt man now with this on your CV.

"Have experience of being set on fire for fun"

[Edited on 19-09-2009 by CorsAsh]
DC90

19th Sep 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't you ask your boss about claiming and see his reaction? Call the boss on Monday?
Bonney

If they do start been a bit funny with you while you are working there and claiming, You can actually tell the people who are dealing with your claim and they will sort it all out.

Even iff they sack you just for claiming, they will find something to do the company for, Which is highly unlikely the company you work for will do.
lozarus

Bloke who done it missus has offered to "nurse me"

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly. 22 database queries in 0.3515301 seconds