corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DVLA Ban on engine conversions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DVLA Ban on engine conversions
RSC-Azz

User status: Offline
11th Oct 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So......I'm about to put a 2 litre in my corsa......and it could get me 6 points and a confiscated car in a few months?! It also has a full G-Max suspension kit and an aftermarket exhaust system! I'm basically fucked

[Edited on 11-10-2009 by RSC-Azz]
Shell
Premium Member

11th Oct 09 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if you declare it etc before this all comes in? Then what?
Jamie_Hastings1

11th Oct 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sorry but i don't see where it says engine conversions are banned. Just a little harder to delcare it.
RSC-Azz

11th Oct 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been thinking on this. They cannot make suspension, exhausts, etc illegal. It will make simply too many cars on the road illegal. Cars which people need to get to work. It will put thousands of people out of jobs, either from lack of transport or companys which sell these products.

IF THESE LAWS ARE PASSED, PROTEST!!!
Jamie_Hastings1

11th Oct 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has all came from Max Power putting it in the mag. Dvla only want a letter confirming its a safe and secure engine conversion.
Kevxx

11th Oct 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think people are taking bait a bit much here.

Suspension won't make a different, exhaust will be discresion of MOT'er (and to be honest, there are ways around it)
And Conversions, like Andy said a headed note from a garage saying it's a good-un ain't hard to get.

and this seems to me like another internet wind up, every 2-3 weeks makes it way round different forums.

Kevxx

11th Oct 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RSC-Azz
Been thinking on this. They cannot make suspension, exhausts, etc illegal. It will make simply too many cars on the road illegal. Cars which people need to get to work. It will put thousands of people out of jobs, either from lack of transport or companys which sell these products.

not thinking very hard then are you? cause it's clearly crap
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

tough shit. people get caught for speeding that need their cars for work. shouldnt speed. shouldnt do an engine conversion, shouldnt lower your car, shouldnt fit loud exhausts. if its the law, its the law and thats the end. 2010 is going to kill off the boy racer chav yob culture this country has. and thats a good thing.
Ingram11

11th Oct 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tough shit. people get caught for speeding that need their cars for work. shouldnt speed. shouldnt do an engine conversion, shouldnt lower your car, shouldnt fit loud exhausts. if its the law, its the law and thats the end. 2010 is going to kill off the boy racer chav yob culture this country has. and thats a good thing.

swapping your engine for more power and taking pride in your car doesnt make you a boy racer m8,young lads stacking their 1.1l saxo within 2 weeks ov obtaining a License does?I just cant see why other people should suffer for these little cock heads
oceansoul

11th Oct 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

Yes but most people dont give a shit about the laws, and will still speed, drive uninsured, with no licence, or undeclared engine conversion, and illegal plates. They will just get caught easier with a modded car so are getting worried about it. "Cant do time dont do the crime" and all that
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats it. its going to put an end to all the dodgy cars on the road then i cant really see a problem apart from people with dodgy convesions etc. if it helps make the roads safer for me, then im in favour of it.

i agree with the dvla. a car that is lowered should need to pass a test to make sure its safe. too many people with -100mil springs that fall out over a bump in the road. its just dangerous for us normal road users.
matthew172

11th Oct 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree, get these badly modded cars off the road, sooner the better tbh. ive got a lowered nova wid a peco big bore 4 on that my m8 only fitted 3 week ago and im having to put my car on ebay now coz of these new laws, let sum1 else have the hassle of the cops and the points instead of me going to prison
Ingram11

11th Oct 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so basically,if you can prove the conversion has been done propperly,and get around those daft doeuments that you have to provide,and it passes an mot then your safe?I'd still like to see it on the vosa/dvla site that theyre trying to ban lowered cars,as its just a bit far fetched for my liking
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all ova tha net m8. av a luk.
scottyp1989

11th Oct 09 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its everywhere on the net appart from the vosa or dvla website, just chinese whispers if you ask me
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
its everywhere on the net appart from the vosa or dvla website, just chinese whispers if you ask me

which part needed translated?
matthew172

11th Oct 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had it wid buying big loud exhaustz and chopping springs now. time to start putting my muney into other things that arnt gonna get me sent down
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah can get kia's pretty cheap. put car in with scrappage scheme. its all tied in with the scrappage scheme to get us all into safer newer cars and get the idiots off the roads.
scottyp1989

11th Oct 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989

which part needed translated?

how you meen??
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought you had only read it in chinese my bad
Colin

11th Oct 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not norway (maybe some other scandinavian country) that has a very strict policy on vehicle mods? Perhaps the DVLA is looking at their approach & thining it wors well & want to introduce something similar!?
BarnshaW

11th Oct 09 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

switzerland i think aswell colin
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt france once have strict rules on engine tuning?
pow
Premium Member

11th Oct 09 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not 100% true, but I think they are really trying to get unsafe cars off the road. I have no problems getting my car "tested" after an engine conversion!
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

according to saxo and 106 forums the lowering thing is true and comes into effect in january. 6 points if you drive a car with lowered suspension and it hasnt been certified by vosa. harsh, but fair. stops idiots driving unsafe lowered cars.

im all in favour of getting most wreckers that are modified off the roads.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DVLA Ban on engine conversions 22 database queries in 0.0194788 seconds