corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » When did the government decide we were out of recession?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author When did the government decide we were out of recession?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
18th Nov 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have officially come out of the recession, measured by the same stats as those other countries.
Cosmo

18th Nov 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think people need to look at both the scrappage scheme and the VAT reduction in the way they are meant to be...ways to stimulate money in to the economy, basically ways to make people who can afford to spend to do so.

The scrappage scheme encouraged those with old motors to trade up for a new one - not only increasing money in to the economy, but also pumping money in to a very threatened industry. It worked, the first round of funding ran out and it was extended. Jobs were saved in the motor industry.

And with the VAT drop, if people werent stupid then it wouldnt of worked. Fact is people are, it allowed companies to advertise price drops, etc. and people went out and spent at a time where it was at its worst.

Neither were designed to give the consumer an easier time by lowering prices.
Tiger

18th Nov 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm struggling to understand how so many people could be fooled into spending by such a transparent scheme.

I don't profess to being a genius but it's so blatant!
Cosmo

18th Nov 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
I'm struggling to understand how so many people could be fooled into spending by such a transparent scheme.

I don't profess to being a genius but it's so blatant!

You're not stupid though, a lot of other people are
Tommy L

18th Nov 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Northamptons full of toffs though with plenty of money in reserve to start up new companies after their current ones go into liquidation though
Northampton full of toffs? Really?
Ben G

18th Nov 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
The scrappage scheme is a load of twot, why can't people see that its just a government part ex scheme like all your garages offer. The fact is the cars are overpriced as it is.

Scrappage scheme was a great idea imo, loads of people owned cars that were worth a hell of a lot less than £2000 and it persuaded them to trade up and spend money, money that has stimulated the economy in a big way.

the scrappage schemes all over the world kept me and most of my work colleagues our jobs.

people who say it was a waste of time and stupid clearly have no concept of the real world outside their own bubble.
Cosmo

18th Nov 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh its simple economics, if you understand that then you can understand how it has helped.
Ben G

18th Nov 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
.........................which in turn kept people in jobs - and it worked.

When, and where! Unemployment is rising every month! The car factories are touching cloth and look in any newspaper and see how few jobs are out there!!

some official figures for you from our engine production from september 2008 and 2009.

sept 2008 - 33,000 engines produced.

sept 2009 - 46,000 engines produced.

obviously it's 1 per car so that's an increase of 13,000 cars in one year in the same month. thats a lot when you're talking £10k average per car.

a newspaper is a tool for the media to manipulate people to believe what they write. fact is, we've never worked harder or had so much overtime since the year before the recession began when people were buying cars like crazy.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » When did the government decide we were out of recession? 22 database queries in 0.0131991 seconds